Tree of Savior Forum

Can we choose the level of the skill or were always stuck at max?

Nope. Wasn’t in iCBT at least. Plus, why would you want to use a lower level skill besides lower SP cost? I think the higher level skills are worth spending a bit more SP … at least in general it’s better to.

Not for every skill. Some skills with cast time such as Energy Bolt, Ice Bolt, Multi Shot, and Meteor can be cast at a lower level if you partially charge the cast bar.

Many reasons

1- For Pardoner Simony(No need to feel force to use a level 10 or 15 skill while performing a level 5 or 10 Simony)Reduction of Silver and materials.
2- Lower SP consumption (What if you want to do a low level heal and save your remain SP on Mass Heal) It would help SP management and give you full control especially with support classes.
3- Helps better when you micro enemies

@Kiyoshiro I’m aware of the charge skills

Ah mkay makes sense then :smiley: I’m stuck on the microing enemies thing though .-. probably because I can’t think of how but all is good. It makes sense and would be amazing to add to the game even if I wouldn’t know how to use it effectively.

I think for Simony you can choose what level scroll you make.

If you know how much damage you do on an enemy, you can save SP by hitting it with lv 10 -> 10 -> 3 for example. This would improve your SP efficiency and reduce downtime, resulting in more XP gained over time.

You don’t understand me

For example:

Heal Lv15 + Simony Lv1 = Heal Lv 1 scroll (Parchment 15 + 7500 silver)

Rather

Heal Lv5 + Simony Lv15 = Heal Lv15 scroll (Parchment 5 + 2500 silver)

So you want to make a Lv 15 Heal scroll by using less silver and less materials possible, so it would be better if you get to choose Heal Lv 1 even though you have Lv up your Heal to 15.

The skill you want to make in the scroll has nearly no effect on the end result however, DM and Simony plays a big role.I’m asking for full control in this situation when making any scrolls.

In brief,this is not the only reason why I would like have the option where you can choose your skill level.

Oh… you are right… but I always thought something is wrong with that and buggy because that doesn’t make sense to me… XD I’m in denial…I just can’t accept that’s real…haha

They want us to spend skill points on Simony because what would be the point in having a Lv 1-15 Simony if you can get high tier scrolls by just Lving the skills rather than Simony.If Simony work the way it used to,they would of given Simony a max level of 1 or 5 instead of 15.

No you can’t change the level of your skills, you can choose the level of skills during simony, but you can not change the level of simony itself.

If you want cheaper scrolls, your best bet is to suggest or hope someone’s already suggested changes to simony, or simply level simony.

Like i stated before Simony is part of the reasons and not the only that I would like this feature to be implemented.I hope they add this to the game.

I mean the main reason why I suggest this into the game is SP consumption.Why would I want to use a level 10 bash to kill an enemy where a level 5 kills it to help me fight efficiently.However,I still want be able to use level 10 bash for bosses or stronger enemies.

The system I suggest would minimize the Overkill system they implemented but would also at the same time help people fight longer without often relying on rest (including camp fire) or consumption items.

No, I’m talking about the prices. It still doesn’t make sense to me that you have to pay more money with lvl 15 Heal + lvl 15 Simony than with lvl 1 Heal and lvl 15 Simony… It just doesn’t make sense in any way… you won’t make better scrolls with lvl 15 heal and lvl 15 simony…but it costs more.

…and thinking about that tbh back to your original statement it still wouldn’t make too much sense that you always have to set your heal to lvl 1 just to have lower costs… it’s just unneccessary why the heck the level of Heal determine the price in any way?

I could say that maybe they thought that if you have lvl 15 Heal…aaand you can make lvl 15 scrolls too than because they have different cooldowns it’s a bit op or something…but that’s lame too because you can sell the scrolls to those who have lvl 15 Heal too anyway so they will be op anyway…

Those price are lame imo and I still can’t believe that they wanted it to work like that.

Ask IMC…I have no clue… that’s the way they made it

But if you want to discuss about Simony in great length…here is the post for it

I would like to have more focus on should they or not implement what I early suggested.

Haha…yeah…well…I’m not against it… because of the SP consuption they could implement it anyway. Otherwise I dunno…maybe they could rework some skills for it to have more use. I remember when I debuffed undeads/demons with Blessing in RO I used lvl 1 because the debuff effect was the same on all levels…so there could be some skills like that too.

Well as it is, they changed how campfires and SP pots work so aside from the simony issue, there really isn’t a huge problem with SP consumption.

It doesn’t hurt to add such a system, but at the same time, it’s not entirely necessary either.

Skills that have huge changes to them based on level (like cast time), can be charged to any level you want to begin with, and if it’s SP consumption your worried about, camp fires are much better now and SP pots heal a static amount before become a heal over time now, so it really doesn’t make sense to use a lower level skill if you have a higher level one.

With this feature you get to save more camp fire wood and consumables which in overall saves you more silvers.It all adds up,in my opinion I would save a lot of silver and time with this feature.The cool part of this feature that there is no harsh down side so far…unless someone can share with me the negative effect with this beside the time and resource for IMC to implement this.

It’s true that it could save you some silver, but one could argue that grinding more with higher level skills vs higher level mobs = more silver.

I won’t go into the numbers, since in the end, it’s so miniscule it doesn’t really matter, unless you want to min/max sp pots.

Unlike a certain other game, the sp difference between levels isn’t even that big to begin with, and the SP changes to pots are more than sufficient currently. Reading through the testers forum, and through playing the game, this issue/suggestion hasn’t really come up either, because it just makes more sense to use a higher level skill when available.

The only time I can think of lowering a skill level to save on silver, is when fighting lower level mobs, but usually it really doesn’t make a difference even there.

What I can agree with is probably some changes to simony. Though they probably want it so that if you really want to get the best out of scrolls you need to level simony further and level pardoner more.

You have a point but I see this more useful for support classes though rather than an offensive class.

It’s true that it might be more useful for supportive classes. But being a support, most of the time you want to use your highest level support skill rather than a lower level one.

As for it being an sp issue, it really isn’t and if it does become one, I think the intention was to level the SPR stat.

Honestly SPR is really an underused stat, don’t see any reason for anyone to pick it up with the current content, so I think if they do change something about sp consumption, it won’t be allowing you to use older skill levels, but probably a buff to the SPR stat to make it more appealing.

I wish as it currently stands i sit on skill points to be sp efficient. I would much rather be able to spend them and scale back my skills when i want.