Tree of Savior Forum

Can someone take a look at my fencer?

Someone tell me what i did wrong and what i should do?

I think you should highlander instead since your build seems to be a heavy DPS burst build and that restrain won’t be good for this kind of build.

I suggest lv down Thrust because if ever you spam it, it will eat your SP quickly (other skills deserve those SP) max gung ho, restrain and pommel beat. Bash is also good for knockdown. Lvl down embowel and invest those points in seism (Greater dmg and less CD). I can’t comment on fencer skills but I suggest max Attaque Coquile because it only has 8 secs cd and great dmg.

That’s all hope it helps.

Soo… i changed it into a highlander/barbarian build…

Max cartar stroke
Don’t spend too much points on Cross Guard until you’ve actually tried it yourself cause you might regret it
I had that max 5/5 back in iCBT1 and I can hardly use it because I saturated my DEX stat for evasion and that you need to actually get hit using that skill in order for it to work.

Equipment: Rapier + Shield
Stats: STR + DEX (evasion, phys damage, crit)

The above swordsman focuses on burst DPS instead of sustained DPS. Primary damage is caused by Cleave, which deals more damage thanks to Restrain. If Restrain doesn’t proc and you need to stun your enemy for Cleave, Helm Chopper does the trick. While Cleave is in cooldown, three excellent DPS skills from Fencer will keep your damage high, while simultaneously providing damage mitigation through dodging. Gung Ho, Frenzy, and Warcry bolster your damage even further.

This is one of many possible Fencer builds, but it is one I posted elsewhere on the forums that seemed remarkably close to what you were going for. Hope it inspires you.

How good is concentration or gung ho ? Cleave is worth the points and why ? Why not go full str why dex? What ratio do u recommend

How good is concentration or gung ho ? Cleave is worth the points and why ? Why not go full str why dex? What ratio do u recommend

Gung Ho is often under-appreciated as a skill. At level 10, it provides +35 damage, which can be increased further by investing in the Enhance attribute. If you think about it, each point of damage here is almost equivalent to 1 point in STR. I say almost, because STR bonuses are considered during crits and damage-type multipliers, while the additional damage from Gung Ho is not. Still, it is a nice buff that lasts 110 seconds at lvl 10.

Concentration is also additional damage, but it only lasts for a set number of hits. It is just not worth using in this build.

Cleave deals good damage in an AoE, with a bonus to crit rate, but that’s not all it does. If you read the description, you’ll notice it deals additional damage when an enemy is stunned. This makes it a very high damage option starting at rank 3, and when it levels to 15, it is comparable to much later rank damage skills. Also, Cleave has the overheat function! It is amazing.

The reason I suggest using DEX is to increase your crit rate. Cleave’s crit bonus is simply not enough on its own, and increasing flat crit damage with STR alone is not very meaningful without a decent crit rate to give you the natural 1.5x damage buff from landing a crit. You need both STR and DEX to effectively use crit. DEX also gives you some evasion, which serves as a bit of damage mitigation. This build doesn’t have a lot of damage mitigation, outside of locks like knockdown and stun, so a bit of evasion is nice. You’ll also notice that your evasion greatly improves when you get to Fencer, due to the Fencer skills that grant multiplicative bonuses to it. Both Lunge and Esquive Toucher provide +50% to evasion during skill activity (no information exists whether there is a duration to these skill buffs after the active attack ends).

As for what ratio to use, I have no clue. This build kind of benefits from both STR and DEX in several ways. High DEX would yield better dodging and crits, but probably lose a tiny bit of damage compared to a high STR option. A high STR option would land less crits, but when it does, the damage would end up higher. A high STR option would also have more trouble surviving. A balance between the two, while a nice idea in theory, might simply be less effective across the board, suggesting that investing in either high STR or high DEX would be the best option.

If you go for high STR, I would suggest going either 5:3 or 3:2.

If you go for high DEX, I would suggest going for either 2:1 or 5:3. Rolling against enemy crit resistance and hit rate is more difficult than simply increasing your base damage with STR, so it requires a wider ratio.

Hope that helps!

Cross guard doesn’t work if you don’t have a 2h Sword…

I see, why shield ? why not go for the dagger?

And at the start u took Bash coz of shield, but is it truly needed? if we’re going for burst dps then don’t we need concentration more than Gung Ho coz of the number of hits ? Why are u maxing pain barrier? shouldn’t 1 point be enough our burst window should not exceed 16 secs?

Can you tell me how DEX and STR translate = ?

Example: STR every 10 points = 10 Flat DMG ?

ty

I see, why shield ? why not go for the dagger? 

And at the start u took Bash coz of shield, but is it truly needed?
if we’re going for burst dps then don’t we need concentration more than
Gung Ho coz of the number of hits ? Why are u maxing pain barrier?
shouldn’t 1 point be enough our burst window should not exceed 16 secs?

Can you tell me how DEX and STR translate = ?

Example: STR every 10 points = 10 Flat DMG ?

ty

You actually don’t need the shield, and a dagger is a great option. It depends if you want the 15% damage off-hand bonus or the ability to block. Honestly, I think the 15% is better, so you can disregard that shield if you want.

I took Bash because it does not need a shield, and has an attribute to cause knockdown.

The goal of Burst DPS is to deal a tonne of damage very quickly, and this is most frequently done by stacking several skills onto each other. While Concentration would increase that damage, the hit limitation can be frustrating. If you wish to move points from Pain Barrier into Concentration, feel free. I put more points into Pain Barrier, because that stagger resistance is really nice to have. At level 10, Pain Barrier’s cooldown only runs 15 seconds longer than the skill’s duration. The longer Pain Barrier is up, the better it is for your DPS output. Honestly, Pain Barrier vs. Concentration is all personal preference. Go with what you like most for those two.

1 STR: adds 1 base damage and 1 crit damage.
1 DEX: adds 1 accuracy, 1 evasion, and 1 crit rate.

To understand crit rate, please review:

Accuracy is rolled against enemy evasion, and vice versa, but I don’t know the formula for this. I assume level is considered in the formula, similar to crit rate.

2-1 dex;str is going to be it for me i think i will take bash too having a knockdown is always good, pain barrir it is then. btw do we have enough aoe for speedlvling ?

There aren’t any AoE skills until rank 3, when you pick up Barbarian. Swordsman really doesn’t offer a lot of AoE. With Barbarian, both Cleave and Helm Chopper will give you AoE, and serve as your primary damage skills while farming fields. Your Fencer skills will be additional damage/defensive skills when you are in a boss fight.

Oh, and that comment I made about 15% more damage when not wearing a shield? That is only for skills. Basic attacks don’t receive the bonus from that attribute.

EDIT: I’ve done further research, and I’ve found that the evasion bonus from Lunge lasts 4 seconds. The evasion bonus from Esquive Toucher doesn’t seem to have a duration, and likely only lasts as long as the skill animation. Flanconnade includes a “protection” from damage during the skill animation, and in practice it looks kind of like a parry. It is also unclear if it is a complete guarantee of damage mitigation or functions like a chance to block.

I see. I got 1 more question its about the shinobi class. I thought from fencer I can go shinobi or should I corsair? Shinobi is rank 7 right?

remove cross guard, also in barbarian skill just lvl up cleave and remove those kick skills

Not sure what they’re planning to do yet. Shinobi is most likely going to be rank 7. Just build up to rank 6 for now until more information comes out.