Tree of Savior Forum

Can I get some recommendations on squire builds?

Im making a squire mostly for the camp for my alts but still want to use it to play atleast some high level content if possible.

I have very little understanding of how swordsman works now so any and all advice would be appriciated.

anything with shinobi is great. also shinobi got good dmg by itself now.
but dont expect too much since youll be getting squire2

choices are hl or barb then fencer or dop

I use this build

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11116bbdkb.3c4d5f85.b591.3f5a6a85.55254213.1124344353

It has plenty of skills compatible with bushin, making it good for bossing (20 seconds of non stop attacks with your clones is just glorious), and nak muay low cd skills (decent skill factor, plus who don’t want to flying knee kick popolions in the face?). The downside of it is the big sp cost (which can be alleviated with squire buffs and gear with spr) and the need to unlock shinobi and nak muay.

@J.Rogers thats an interesting build o-o is it possible to use without swordsman 3?

what is high level contents for you?

If it is just doing saalus where you just need a decent burst:

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11244bbbhh.3555.35.192a3a71.4a3f5a6a.1a315a637185

Every 20 sec you’ll pulverize any boss thrown at you:

Rhongomiant => Crown => Spear lunge => crush2 => quintain2 => double pierce.
If by any luck the boss is still there, you can use arrest to CC him while your friends finish him.

Second round is: => Spear lunge => crush2 => quintain2 => Rhongomiant => crown => double pierce
Rince and repeat phase 1 and 2.

Needs:
A 2-handed spear primus 350 without trans
Attributes:
Quintain:Sure victory rank2: 1M (triple hit on quintain with crush)
Pierce: Continuous Attack: 1K silver
Pierce: Repeated Shock: 1K silver

Lunge is for fast travel / Initiate for the Pig warrior with shitload of block.

If it includes challenges , sw isn’t really great for it (every lvl makes it worse) and squire is even worse for that

It’s possible, yes. But double slash is one of the best skills to use with bushin and it has sinergy with nak muay’s elbow strike (it inflict bleed, increasing double slash dmg). There’s also pain barrier 15 + attribute. (it can be substituted with gazing golem cards).

@Parmenion I just came back to ToS so end game to me is still unknown to me.

Mainly choose squire for two reasons

1. I dont plan on making another swordsman anytime soon and honestly the fact I can set a tent up anywhere and use it on any character is too appealing for someone who makes lots of alts like me.

2. I still wanna be able to use the character to do lvl 300+ related content and not just be there to set up tents then there would be no point on even trying to build it past level 120 then it becomes a waste of a character slot.

I do like the build though its really appealing and I may just use it over the other build suggested.
How would i build it stat wise all str? str con? str dex? dex con?

@J.Rogers honestly the class quests for shinobi and nak muay seem like a bit much

1 Like

For the end game content:

ET (Earth tower) is still there and it is still an aoe fest. Sadly the squire only place is to make the food stand at the entrance :tired:
Challenge mode will be difficult for the same reason.

Anyway you wont have any problem to finish all the questline and maps with this build. It will be difficult before reaching lancer but blessing/sacrament will still be able to carry it.

I’d go Full STR if your budget is tight (low trans/no trans) and might pump CON if the plan is to stuff him.
If you want to pump your aoe potential, Centaurus cards will help you a lot : https://tos.neet.tv/items/644121

Well, if you want to think about Squire, imo, you gotta think about a character that has utility. Luckily, even though ToS is a DPS-race game, Squire can fit that role of utility REALLY well and still have really good damage if you wanna invest into it (not the best damage, but good damage).

My build is a Sw1-Pelt3-Sq2-Shinobi-Sq3-Murm (120 str, 90 dex for block pen and evasion, rest in CON): https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#11333bbdbc.253555.1f263a4261758195.453a5a6a85.55254114.1121334575

The way I built my squire was kinda inspired in pre-patch squire where all it did was to be a full CON Tank. Now though, with Shinobi rework, Squire can be so much more than that. You can be VERY tanky but also have a lot of damage simply because you can get an almost full rotation of Shinobi clones with Peltasta alone (mind you that it can’t contest a Rodel-Shinobi-Murm in damage, but it is still very nice numbers). Deadly Combo complements that rotation nicely, and Umbo Thrust gives a nice chance of Armor Break that you can use before your major damage elements (Kunai/Butterfly/Deadly Combo).
The rotation has almost no downtime before restarting your clones if played correctly and has literally all the tanking elements (Swashbuckling, a ton of Block, some Evasion, Cassis Crista, Arrest) that you need outside of longer Pain Barrier (nothing Gazing Golem cards can’t solve though), besides the fact that you can buff your whole party with the foods, as well as providing repairs on the fly (like in between challenge mode levels, lets say). It does lack in filler damage while in clone CD, but also nothing prevents you to go Nak Muay in Rank 10 (what I am also planning).
Squire isn’t made to be the “Best DPS” but anybody that thinks Squire is unable to do anything of higher content is kinda blind (except maybe ET and the future Belcoper Raid). The class is really versatile and works well in the position of offensive tank.

(also you get your own personal Repair Shop and money source.)

2 Likes