Tree of Savior Forum

Can anyone suggest me this build w3 pyro3 link1 sage

Does anyone had been built this wizard type before? I didnt much information of this kind of wiz.

Yes, anyone can suggest it to you, look even I can

use that build

Don’t know of anyone but I haven’t done this build

but if you search for it I bet you will find more than 1 person that have…

there are N treads discussion
but tell you, the best way to play pyro is pyro3linker3sage if you understand how the mechanics work, not smt wiz3 flat 50% can compensate.

u need to consider the hit count threshold of joint penalty in each lvl, lv5 = it break after 50hits which is not enough to utilize 8 fireballs
as well as joint penalty target number, if u want utilize 8 fireballs with 1-2 targets, u need make sure linker3 which can link everything.

then u need to consider how fireballs hit each other and how to place them efficiently

the amount of setup and mastery of pyro3linker3 agny can ensure u the output exponentially

however, full setup is not always applicable except solo quest/mission boss, consider time require and party members play(push) with ur balls. so peoples can also hybrid them with at least pyro2linker2, the other 2 fillers up to your preference role

Lol you can buy Joint penalty scrolls if you’re looking to be competitive with your damage (world bossing, or ET).
Particularly given rank 9, with Enchanter C2 will bring Joint penalty 10 scrolls into play. Link resistant mobs…
Unless Physical Link gets fixed, Linker is becoming less and less relevant as something for DPS focused builds to consider.

Why wiz3? It does not give you +50% damage if you use Agni. It is
damage * (3agni+0.5quickcast)
so, only 17% bonus damage. Better take link3 or link2-thauma(for farming) instead of wiz3.

what if you got more int? what i means is 3:1 int con +agni neclace and u have sage u stil dont have bonus damage?

Formulae is:
(matk+skilldmg+eleatk-mdef-resistances)*(3agni+0.5quickcast)attributes
your int goes directly into matk. There is no point going wiz3 (spending 2 ranks) for getting 17% damage boost it is just waste of ranks. Much better is to start like:
wiz1-pyro2-link2-(somethink like thauma2 for matk bonus/swell body for farming)-sage.
Enchanter and its scrolls - it is a very stupid idea because of the price: it is 2500
skillevel, level 10 scroll will cost 25000silver each, so its usable only against bosses.

Again I saw this build: wiz1-pyro2-link2-thauma2-sage

Quick question:
Is Pyro2\Link2\Thaum2 better than Pyro3\Link3 at end game as DPS (with Agny ofc)?

Thaum2 is about flat +800Matk with full INT from swell arms with dagger, but with Agny skill multiplier and 15FB+15JP combo (or even 16 levels with monster gems) it seems not too significant.
Double exp\drop from Swell Body seems doubtfully with 400k HP mobs.
For transpose you should carry your cleric friend because pots can’t restore you full HP bar till transpose duration.

What the purpose of Thaum2 here? Or it’s just farming build for old maps?

pyro3link3 is the best pyro
pyro2link2thauma2 is better in farming job
link3 link10-11 target (include ball)
while link2thau2 link 8target and get double exp/gold/drop
mob usually die in 1ball link combo anyway

pyro3link3 have more potential due link target, link hit limit
longer ball duration, ball hit, bigger pillar,fire wall, and hell breath

1 Like

I’m personaly going for Pyro3-Link2-Thauma2, and enjoy it alot.
It’s very rarely I have missed having the extra links from Link3.

Sage fits better in a full support build like Chronolinker or ChronoCryo in my opinion.

Damage formula is
(matk+eleatk+skilldmg - mdef)*(3agni+0.5quickcast)*attribute
So your 800 damage are multiplied by everything. I very often see pyro3 in 290 dungeon and 315 locations and they are dealing 1 damage against mage mosters there, which have 3000 mdef and they are link-immune. It means that you must overcome this limit in order to not be completely useless. Thauma helps a lot there. And yes, extra exp is neat, in party it helps, also if you meet blue or gold mob.

pyro2 with sage

burst down boss faster than pyro3 without sage

(pyro3 with sage is best)

fire ball hit each other and 4 fire ball rekt anything

Wonder how Pyro2 with Sage compare to Pyro3 with Thauma2 on a boss…

4 fire ball +link rekt everything

without sage u need to cast fire ball and wait 15sec

cast fire ball again to make 4 balls while keep 2 ball untouch

sage make it easier

and sage’s blink make combo setup easier

My 2 biggest questions for Pyro2/3-Sage build are

1. Is your attribute counted for duplicated ball?
  2. What lvl is duplicated ball? (Lvl 1 or caster’s skill lvl)
    Video show-casing is greatly appreciated

didn’t test yet

someone say level1 but it should disappear after a hit

copy damage are same as real one

Dont listen. There were probably a bug first week, but now it is fixed. Now the copied fireball is lvl 15.