Tree of Savior Forum

Calling out for Veteran Necromancer for some Qs

Hi guys, my name is Izzat and I’ve been playing ToS (Varena) since April and I’ve got a character currently: A lvl (Wiz3-Link1-Sorc1) planning to go Necro2.

I was wondering are there any veteran Necros in the forum would shed some light on the matter as I’m rather in the dark regarding how is the state of Necro NOW after the Ktos patch merge.

1. Hows the AI for both Skellies and Shoggoth?
  2. Survivability rate of Skellies under all circumstances? (Dungeons/Etc)
  3. Please tell me something good you like about the class.
    4)Something bad, perhaps?

Ty!

1. Bad. Both kinds of pets have an irreversible hatred of tree crystals and tend to prioritize attacking them.

2. Ehhh…they’re dps pets. They’re great for farming and questing, but against bosses, especially world bosses - they’ll die to a sneeze. Ktos patches have increased their health in accordance to points invested in spell again.

3. We have one of the strongest nukes in the game; and pets to boot!

4. The corpse part resource and corpse pot chugging gets burdensome quickly(at least you’re not chugging sp pots anymore or rarely). C2 Disinter makes corpse part gathering much easier but I would like an increase in maximum amount stored.

1 Like

Hmm…I don’t think I’d mind for 1) since Tree Crystal just dies in 1 hit and I think I’m concerned about the recall ability of these pets.

Since last I heard…they get stuck often. Do they still do that though?

No, not anymore. I forgot to add in these tidbits: if your Shoggoth, with its slow attack speed finds a high health target that you’d rather ignore, well…they’re disobedient. It won’t follow or even teleport to you until its target is dead.

Another thing, the pets despawn when you warp out or move to a new map. I guess it’s the only drawback for their unlimited duration.

Ah! I see. Thank you so much. Exactly the answers I was searching for. Although, I hate and have to admit that the idea of the pets despawning for every new map threw me off of the interest boat by a wee bit.

However, I’m still adamant on wanting a Necromancer character. I don’t know why. Lol.

But are you enjoying yourself with the character? I think that’s the most important question I’d like to know from you. :slight_smile:

Yes, I would say so.

Being an Ele 2(I did a u-turn at the last second from being Elememe, or ele 3), I have a lot more variety to my spells and options. If I went Wiz 3 to Linker, I would be relying on MM til Rank 5/6 like you do at Rank 3

Til…Rank 5/6…Nothing but MM.

That is more insane than leveling a Champlain.

Still, Necro greatly benefits from JP and I still wish I went Linker at times since Ele 2’s damage w/o attribute starts to show itself falling off by the time you reach Rank 7 - where Necro starts to really shine: More pets, easier corpse gathering, stronger FC. Necro 3 so far shows us a Shaggoth sacrifice skill and skeletal archers allows us to use the missile-boosting debuff to our own advantage.

So, again yes; like many Rank 6 classes, Necro is worth it. There are still issues with the class that are mostly IMC’s responsibility as they are bug-based like the pet AI but since the “pets following” fix the impact made Necro a more acceptable class.

Will Necro C3 be able to summon 10 skeletons judging that the skill is 1 skele per lvl?

Maybe? Nothing is confirmed about rank 8 skills other than what IMC revealed to us. KToS gets Rank 8 real soon, so expect the info.

Had the Divine Might activated for that +1 skill level. It still only summons 5.

I see. Not gonna keep my hopes up about 10 skele then.