Tree of Savior Forum

C3 Monk + INQUISITOR Feedback

Hiho, i’ve been playing as c3 monk and inquisitor since both classes were available.
After May 16 update, i’ve noticed:

1. Monk’s
  • Double Punch skill is spending much Stamina, since our attack speed increased we can’t use it as much as before. If the intention is to limit Monks to flood Double Punch, just increase it’s damage.
  • Energy Blast has a beautiful design, but now has the lowest damage ever seen, it’s now merely ‘Aesthetics skill’.
  1. Inquisitor
  • Breaking Wheel has its damage drastically decreased. It’s one of the Cleric’s few AOE physical skills, and now it’s just dead.
  • Malleus Maleficarum had the same destiny as Breaking Wheel, very low damage.

Malleus Maleficarum deal insane magic damage man !

Energy Blast suck as hell and need a rework to be fine with higher numbers (remember very early PVP, when it was strong in PvE: broken xD)
Monk C1 skills are bad, except Double Punch who is mediocre

Breaking Wheel itself deal medium damage, but with his ability to spread God Smash and Monk debuffs in AoE … that’s a VERY good spell.

1 Like
  • Invest more in STR than DEX (you’ll need every ounce of PATK to get high values on God Smash). Get Arcane Energy Scrolls (at lvl 10 they give +45 max Stamina). Get Alchemist Stamina Potions (recover 70 STA). Get decent stamina values on boots.

• Energy Blast isn’t meant to deal tons of damage, it’s a ranged CC tool with some damage - it’s good on PvP to get people out of Safety zones or just to CC them and it’s good to break 1-dmg-taken structures on Fantasy Library and ET.

• Breaking Wheel has damage on it only for you to know what it’s hitting. The damage is negligible, the real deal is spreading and doubling your 500k+ God Smashes and the DP and flick debuffs. It could deal 1 dmg and it would still satisfy it’s need.

• Malleus is a PvP and party skill. On PvP it kills mages and archers in 1 shot left and right. On party play it adds the monster’s Matk to each hit it takes, so it dramatically boosts your party’s damage.

Monkquisitors are fine.

2 Likes

Double Punch:

Difference between full str and full dex in dps is minimal with regular gears.
You can have a lot of str and punch slow put hard
You can go for fast punches, but about 15-20% weaker (depending on gears).

It all depends on gears. And access to stamina pills, arcane energy scrolls, red ox.

Inquisitor, @ridelith said it all

shoud i get wheel 5 or leave at 1?

apart from dmg increase , is there any difference?

like it all lasts 10secs… does higher level allow it to take more hits? (like ice wall)

With the insane cast-time and cooldown + animation, thrust me, it has not been designed to be a random control lol.
The skill damages are ridiculous, mostly because the skill is bugged (add flat damage, not real % modifier).

For Malleus, the % modifier is insane and even a full STR inquisitor will have a high magical attack due to weapon refinement + transcend system. As you say, wizards don’t like it so much ;).

However, Monkisitors are not “fine” imo.
Monk is a bit lackluster and inquisitor is stronger than most melee physical classes (just to remember, the real damage of level 6 God Smash is 2400%, not 1600, it deal 25% more damage with Monk 2/3 builds and 30% more damage with Pal 3 builds) with a ton of utility.

What insane cast time? Just cast Energy Blast on level 1 for CC purposes (almost instant cast time) and it will last less than a second and deal it’s CC. The damage, though, is really bugged as you said and that could get some love real quick but it’s not particularly game breaking.

Well yeah, if you analyze Monk without Inquisitor it’s not stellar, but I’d argue that both are so synergistic that you just can’t analyze them separatedly. It’s like analyzing Lancer without Hoplite, Doppel without Highlander and Barbarian. It’s just not possible, those combos are so symbiotic you can’t separate them without screwing your build.

God Smash is VERY strong indeed - on fully debuffed Strike +25% enemies I’ve been dealing 500-555k non-crits (white dmg) God Smashes. Thing is, Kundela Slash deals 1900% and has similar debuffs on Curse and link. Zornhau deals 1260% x4 and also has similar debuffs on Cleave and Zwerchau. Most other DPS rank 8s also have extremelly hard hitting skills with wich you can reach damage cap easily with the +80% attack cards. Inquisitor is not special in that regard.

The fact is Cleric + Inquisitor skills alone (so you skip 6 rank :p) can be sufficient to 1vs1 most classes xD ! I have 3 chars max level, and my inq is not the most geared. However, that’s my strongest character.

So you can be monk, paladin, chaplain, etc … and you will still think that inquisitor is strong ! I’m happy about that because before update, Inquisitor was not really designed especially for melee clerics, now, it is.

You forgot some things when you compare this skills :

• every melee cleric will take Inquisitors
  • every melee classes from other tree will other significantly different / restricted build path
  • non of them have 3 overheat :stuck_out_tongue:

Take Doppel for exemple : without Doppel c3, zornhau will deal … 4x less damage, so, you are forced to be C3 to benefit of that extreme power. Because your R6/7/8 are taken, you can’t take shinobi to give you a way to close the distance. You can maybe take Corsair R5 but you will not have the cataphract mobility anyway, or the murmillo dash so you will be forced to use it at melee range to be able to attack your opponent.

On paper, that’s strong, but in reality, doppel PvP suck. It can become or even abusive strong R9 however, we don’t know for the moment ! A strong counter to the Monkisitor (especially Monk C3) is the Lancer. High mobility, insane controls and debuffs, very strong burst (resetted from Dragoon 2 xD) !