Tree of Savior Forum

Buying unequipable costumes

Currently, trying to purchase an item that the character can’t equip will give a pop-up saying “Unable to equip”.

This prevents players from buying exchange shop items for their other characters (medals should be transferable to begin with - I stopped buying goddess cubes because of the trash medals being stuck to one character) or any outfit that they simply wish to trade, sell or gift.

It is a good idea to warn the player they won’t be able to equip the costume, but you can make it a warning, not a restriction.

A yes/no pop up should appear, saying something like “Your character won’t be able to equip this costume because they don’t meet the class requirements. Are you sure you want to purchase it?”.

It could also appear in the market, since people might make the mistake of spending a fortune on the c3 costumes they can’t actually wear.

1. Why would you think you could wear a Circle 3 costume for a class you’re not Circle 3 in?
  2. IMC will be making medals tradable within team storage, so you will eventually be able to move medals around and buy all the costumes.
  3. For the TP C3 costumes, it’s unfortunate if you got one and can’t wear it, all I can suggest is trying to sell or trade it, or perhaps contact support (not that they’re competent) to see about getting a TP refund.
1 Like
  1. The description actually doesn’t show it clearly enough. It just gives you a generic “Swordsman/Cleric/etc class, Male/Female only” in the place where equipment requirements are. Some people have also been able to bypass the restriction somehow (maybe some of the costumes didn’t have the requirement applied, no idea), which makes it even easier to assume they’re wearable by non-c3 characters.
  2. I’m glad to hear that! Any idea when that change is due?
  3. I actually assumed they can only be bought by c3 characters, but any of the same base class could wear it (saw a person wear a c3 costume they shouldn’t be able to), so I bought mine off the market. It could still be sold, but I’m just holding onto it and waiting for the reset event.

I think at one point there was a bug or something that let people equip C3 costumes they weren’t supposed to. Even when it was fixed, if they had the costume on still, it’d stay on.

No clue when the tradable medals will drop, I’m hoping it’s imminent since all of mine are stuck on an archer I’m trying to toss.