Tree of Savior Forum

Burst/Tankish Conversion Mage

Burst/Tankish Mage. 3 Int / 1 Spr
Pro -
1.Int Multiplies Per Rank (So High M.Dmg)
2.Transpose:Equilibrium Would Benifit From High Int Conversion (More Con)
3.Swell Brain:Enhance Skyrockets Your Int For Boost In Above Pros
Feedback Of Cons Or Improvements Of This Class, Thanks

This looks really nice statistically, but what skills do you have to actually make you a Tank beyond HP or a Burst DPS beyond INT and the 2 damage skills from Rune Caster?

Also, why Rune Caster? That forces you to go Wiz 3 when you don’t especially have to. You could just as easily go Wiz 1 > Pyro 3 > Thaum 3 and get the same crazy INT and CON, but now you can apply that crazy high INT to all of the multi-hit skills in the Pyro tree, likely adding up to close the same damage on one target that you could have dealt with a Rune Caster skill, except for something like Fireball having around 1/4 of the cooldown of your lowest cooldown rune.

Final question, why Swell Body 15? It only gives 4 more seconds of the enemy buff in exchange for only being able to take rank 6 of Swell Left Arm, which gyps you out of the +34 m.Att that you could have if you went rank 10 (keep in mind, that is essentially the equivalent of missing out on 34 INT!)

Anyways, those are my thoughts on the build! I don’t mean to be over critical, I just want to help you make the best build you can! (Not saying my build is inherently better, though, I am just throwing suggestions out there that may or may not be the best option!)

WIz3 is fine.
Trauam 3 is fine too.

But except magic missle, you lack dps.

I would suggest getting an DPS rank 7 (featherfoot or warlock).
Or another support heavy rank.
Runecaster jsutice is multi hit… google a video of it.

Magic missles are good.
And +50% matk is really nice.

not sure why i went runemaster, probably for the massive hp and def boost and synergy with CON, but i think featherfoot would be pretty good for hp regen/gain, and if i do that i can change my first 2 classes to like cryomancer for cc

(oh god i cant wait for this game to come out, i really want to try these builds!)

The build is just take wiz3 for that Quick Cast attribute and hope the future opness rank8 class will help.

You know even you have 40k hp but no Swash Buckling you are not a tanker.

it also makes my entire team have high hp & def

What about an arcane knight build? I tried it for a bit on cbt 2 and it was preety strong (and ridicously resistant, seriously that thing was almost immortal) also it never had any low sp problem, the main problem was that even if your using a sword as a wizard itll still use the light bolt thingy on atack. On the other side it was huilariopus to se people freaking out and spamming the chat with WTF when I dueled and rushed with a wordf as mage beating swordsman without
non-buff spells

Want me to post it here?

yah show me the build

explanations:
wiz 1
youll focus on hit and run with lethatrgy or beating the crap of your enemies with sleep. keep reflect shield up all times. put 2 int, 1 spi (for the shield), 1 str or dex depending if you want crit or raw damage i like the crits more, but some people prfer raw dam for some reason). use heavy armor, unescessary money should be used on the shield enhance attribute, but before that save some money to buy a silver falchion recipe and silver, keep at least 3 falchions on the bank. Also keep a shield all the time.

wiz 2
the same as wiz 1, but take surespell to prevent people from stopping you buffs/cc. youll want to craft you falchion as soon as you can, it deals lots of damage because of the +20 strenght it gives, itll be your weapon untill level 75, save money for a gold falchion recipe and a gold bar (or try to find one), youll also may want to fgo back and kill some weak mobs for more 3 falchions).

wiz 3
same as befor, but youll max the shield asap and have some attributes on it, at this point hif someone hits you with it on theyll take more damnage than they would give you and youll still be protected. try to craft the golden falchion (it gives you +154 critical) but keep the silver one itll be used as a material for one of the best swords in the game.

thau 1
get swell right and tyranspose first and do not get the equilibrium attribute, itll be your bases for the immortal lets beat people form. start to save money for the trinity sword recipe, use the rest of the unnescessary money enhancing sweel left arm and reflect shield (priority).use sweel body before the last 2 or 3 hits of your enemy life for the extra xp and drop, if the nemy is a boss use shrink body then sweel body, itll meke ot affected by it and give you double xp and loot.

thau 2
youre finaly a magic knight, stay low and use all buffs before a fight, always keep them active (if fighting), now go and beat people on one of the most unnexpected ways possible. also craft the trinity sword, it gives you +4o str, +156 crit and + 32 accuracy, save money for your sword final form the bendras sword (buy or get the recipe).

thau 3
the same, but use sweel brain use the bendra sword now, it deals 134-163 dam and gives + 24, str, con and spr also it has 4 sockets so you can put 4 gems or make it +4. craft a shield of you choice acvter you get all the attributes I said and the sword (shields have lots of unique “perks” so I cant reccomend one, depends on how you play)

that was my cbt 2 arcane knight, I changed some things for this build to be used on open beta and be even more powerfull, but I still need to decide the equips itll use so I wont post it *(also I want to keep this little mosnter build of mine for the iopen beta as a secret untill I get all ther ranks, it would suck to create the build an d someone that saw it become the first to use it beacue I have a life outside the computer)

2 Likes

have you ever tried 1 Str / 1 Int / 1 Dex, (Int Acts as Con) and get 1 point in earthquake for little more cc, i think wiz 2/3 is alittle excessive, why not crymancer 2 for that frost shield for freezing them while taking hits (not to mention the freezing chance with other crymancer skills) would be able to switch modes like starcraft siege tank (Int burst when want to deal dmg from far) or transpose for melee range battle vs swordsmans(this where frost shield comes in) but other than that i think its nice build i just dont think u have alot of utility with wiz 2/3

Ps: or better yet 1 Int / 1 Dex, more tanky and can dish out crits with nice dodge to compliment the Con, now that i think about it this would counter swordmans but wiz shield is good for magic defense substitute

even with sword the mage atack dont change, so you use a sword at long range, also the reason for the sorc 2 and 3 were the shield, the cc is secondary.
If you get reflection shield to 15 its already a ridiculous the ammount of damage you send back at your level, focus on spi and use the attribute that you may deal over 5 times the damage they would have given you if you werent using it (When I got the attribute to 100 i dealt over 10 times the damage more than once).
attacking you is suicide

wow i had no idea wiz shield was that good, think when open beta comes out ill have to max it out instead of sleep for sake of defense

Its really good, most people dont know but the math on lvl 15 is: 75 (flat) + spr +attribute level. with your huge int and heavy armor youll rarely receive over 200 dmg unless its a skill…
Sadly i just went to Tosbase and looks like reflect shield was seriously nerfed…
its not so worth anymore :neutral_face: it used to have more levels on the attribute and you could take it earlier, youre better with pyro enchant fire nowadays…
I understand it was a briken skill, but this nerf was too much

When was Reflect Shield that good to begin with? 1st and 2nd KR betas? Cause since iCBT 1 and the opening of KR test server it was the â– â– â– â–  we know today.

:confused:

I could do some nasty stuff with it, on other side I had the animus necklace that got terribli nerferd (well it was the most overpowered equip in the game).
It gae you +260 spr and took 1000 hp, now it increases sp intead, but is still a good equip.

thats how it works now (kobt)