Tree of Savior Forum

[builds discussion] Linker 2 synergizes better with Thaumaturge or Chronomancer?

I’m planning to make the PvE support wizard, would like to make dungeon runs/grinding easier for my teammates as well as be a desirable party member for world boss hunting (I mean here boosting DD’s damage).

1. I have no knowledge on wizards, therefore my skill distribution might be completely faulty, chose the spells I found most useful just by reading the description. Please correct me if I’m wrong.
  2. Which stat distribution shall I choose? Full CON for both builds? Or maybe some mix with SPR/INT would be better?
  3. Wasn’t sure about 2nd rank, chose Cryo because it’s Cryo. But maybe Wiz2 or Pyro would be better? Why?
  4. I’m not sure about skill choice at Wiz1. I’ve heard that Reflect Shield becomes useless later on. What shall I replace it with?

These are the 2 builds, I’ve thought about.

Cryo > Linker 2 > Thaumaturge

Maybe Thaum3 is an overkill and I should pick something else?

Cryo > Linker 2 > Chrono 3

And please don’t recommend me Cryo3, I’m definitely not going it, 90% of wizards are either Cryo3/Kino3 or Wiz3/Ele3. Would like to try something different :slight_smile:

Thank you in advance for your help!

Cryo > Linker2 > Chrono3 isn’t that much different. It’s like the top alternative to Cryo3 > Chrono3, which is the top choice for support

Both Thauma and Chrono are very good but generally, Chrono might be better. There are some situations where a Thauma becomes crazy good though. Here are some examples:

Thauma2 > Necro1 or Thauma1 > Chrono1 > Necro1

• crazy good for Fletchers since their top dps skill is a multi-hit skill with only 5 seconds cd. Thauma2 is only good if they are subbing a dagger, so Chrono1 could be better for the crit buff and crit resist debuff. Necro doubles missile damage (doesn’t work on bosses though)

Thauma3

• great for DPS Clerics since they gain double effects from INT for some of their skills. Not too sure if this would outweigh having Pass though.
1 Like

I ran with a Cyro3 -> Chrono3 yesterday and omg it was wonderful. However if I made a wiz I would want to go Linker2 -> Chrono3 as well. Only thing I’m worried about is the lack of damage skills we’ll have if we go that route. Pretty much a pure partying character.

Thank you for the answer! So to prescind from my initial build choices, what would be a nice build for world boss partying for a support wizard?

I don’t think linker 2 is worth it if you aren’t going linker3. Anything else is better right now. Linker2’s main world-bossing ability is that they can share Quarrelshooter’s running shot. If you KNOW you’ll be with a QS and a bunch of auto attackers, linker2 is probably worthwhile. Otherwise linker is a dead circle in a boss fight.

Thaum2 is probably the best all around buffer wizard has. Chrono is maybe better for swordsmen and archers, but thaum works well on everyone, including yourself.

Chrono is the best support class especially in PvE. Thau buff have very little aoe… You need to stay so close with your party members, and they effect are decent but not very good. For this reason Chrono>Thau.
If you don’t want Cryo3… A good support build near your playstyle are Wiz>Pyro>Link2>Chrono3. Cryo 1 are not so good in your build… Remember, Pyro Flame Ground can do damage on stopped (Chrono skill) mobs. And flame’s buff are good for add a little of dmg more. But remember, Link skill are nerfed now… And you can think to Pyro2>Link1 (+gem for add link).
Wiz skill> Sleep 5/ Energy Bolt 3/ Earthquake 1/ Reflect Shield 5/ Lethargy 1 (for attribute) or you can avoid RS if you don’t want play pvp and add more point in dmg skill… but remember, EQ break link. With this build you can go full Con stat… Because your dmg is meh…

So what would be the proper world boss build including thaum? Which other classes shall I include? Cryo offers CC which is nice in dungeons/farmin but pretty useless during boss fights.

Well if you’re going to build specifically for world boss, you’re not even going to need Cryo3 or Linker since those classes are for mobs.

In that case, Cryo (icewall) > Kino (swap, PP) > Thauma (swell) > Chrono3 might be best. However, I find this to be kinda silly since missing out on a lot of good CCs

Just theorycrafting for now :slight_smile: thanks guys @tampon @sweetromantico93 @dmhamilt @Sukiyomi

Thau3 has a very nice perk that people tend to forget: Chicks dig the SD skills

This is the main reason I’m going Thau3.

To me Cryo C1 is not worth for party/solo up.

Pyro C1 is way better. Pyro C1 / Linker C2 / Chrono C3. You should test Pyro and Cryo first to know better.

Between Thau and Chrono, Chrono for sure, C3 skill Pass is great!

Funny, I have the exact opposite opnion on Pyro1 vs Cryo1. I guess Fireballs are good to be used as extra link targets, but I love Ice Pike and freezing stuff.

On topic, I have to admit though, dat Chronomancer dress is hard to beat…

@tampon @sweetromantico93 @miyasaki003c @xinaiger @dmhamilt

Hey guys, calling you again. And what do you think about something like this?

Wiz3 > Thaum > Chrono3

1. Is wiz3 useless in this composition? If it’s fine, please check the stat distribution and let me know where to add the remaining 35 points. If wiz3 is a garbage in this build, shall I go pyro>linker instead or maybe something else?
  2. Would Thaum1 be enough?
  3. Where to add the remaining Chrono3 spells?

Wiz3 is good only for a long cast time class and only for a dps class.
Thau 1 is good only for ppl who want transpose to switch Int and Con. Poor buff and buff’s time. You need to refresh it ever :confused:

God, that’s so complicated to make a proper build, no wonder people are going cookie-cutter :frowning: Thanks for help!

The DOT from fireball, do so much more damage than ice pike. I don’t think the CC from Cryo C1 would be worth, due lack of dps in early lvls. A possible CC (cause it’s not guarantee that all the mob will freeze) don’t justify the pain to lvl up with Cryo C1.

Basicaly with this build you’re a dot dps class, link mobs, fireball, flameground and auto atk to kill them all.

One thing that people tend to forget when making builds and organizing their priorities to form their rotation. It’s not just adding good spells on top of each other.

For example, Thau1 has Swell Left every 50 seconds. Swell and Shrink bodies are situational but they each have 25 seconds CD with 2 Overheats.
Chrono3 has Quicken every 105, Stop every 100, Slow every 35, Haste every 80 and Pass every 50.
On top of that if you had gone linker you have JP and HK every 22 seconds.
If you were Pyro you’d have also 2 Fireballs and Flame Ground on 25 seconds, and Enchant Fire on 110.
And Sleep every 25.

Now you figure out which spell takes priority over the other in a normal situation. A optimised rotation is when the CDs and durations line up and has no downtime. But as you can see above it’s not aways the best to just keep adding more and more spells. SKILLS YOU DON’T HAVE TIME TO CAST ARE USELESS.
(sure there are these “emergency” or “reactionary” spells you save up for the right time, like Blackmasking for example. But that’s not included in the rotation)

I didn’t actualy do the math on the example above, and maybe it works. But I also aways keep in mind that the game won’t stop at Rank7. And rank8+ spells are most likely going to take priority over Rank2-3 (flame ground, fireballs, ice pikes, etc), so much that these will most likely be dropped from the rotation.

Thus I believe Wiz3 is a good fit. Sleep is good. MM has very fast cast animation. QC and Surespell are aways there if later ranks have crazy cast times.

Sorry for the long post.
TL;DR: Go Wiz3 for da future!

1 Like

Thank you for the answer :heart_eyes: