Tree of Savior Forum

Building a Full Dex Shinobi, First Timer, Pls Help

Hi! I’m new to ToS, but I’ve been on and off watching some streamers. What I’d like to do is build a Full Dex Shinobi. I wanted to get some guidence/opinions on the ratios (2Dex:1Str?), class skills, circles and everything. Sorry for being a noob, but I thank you for your time. :slight_smile: v,

I would move this post to the swordsman forum. You can edit your post and move it there yourself.

You are more likely to get a serious reply there than the General Derp forums.

Oh, thx! :slight_smile: v, I got it.

All you need to know should be in there.

Thanks! I was looking for something like this but couldn’t find it.

I skimmed over this guide, but I’m not really seeing the ration for stats. Like how many points do I put in Dex before I put one in Str.

im going on a shinobi route to… i have yet to reach c6 but im going 1con:2 dex … since clones health really depends on the amount of dex you have…

I’m jsut theory crafting though…

But what are u looking at… are you going towards pvp/pve and how are u gonna build ur shinobi

More towards PVP, I thought I’d have to go 1str:2dex. Why con if you don’t mind me asking?

Str wouldnt do good as much as con and dex

Dex works wonders since it helps with ur acc and helps evasion… it also affects ur shinobi clones if ur planning to utilize the skill

Con increase ur hp pool… which u will need in pvp as u will need to close quaters to deal dmg… so you dont want a low hp…

Also magic is a bane to us… they cant miss and we dont really have much magic def as a swordsman

In my opinion , str is more towards PVE… but its really up to u to decide on it…

Read up some builds and guides on attribute allocation…

Ive rerolled a few times and this is my 6th char =p… this game reallys requires alot of theory crafting to be honest

Thanks for the input! I after reading this Con does sound like a better choice over Str. I do know that the Dex and the Crit based Weapons will be our main damage. So I guess I shouldn’t worry about Str too much.

Np… just trying to help a fellow shinobi wannabe XD

Str is only good for classes that rely on their meele skills… like wugushi or sapper (which skills cant crit) from what i know of… or maybe cata since they have a crit buff which helps alot

1 Like

Some good points here. I just want to add that CON also increases your Crit Resist which is very useful versus other high DEX builds.

@currydawg56

Since your focus is PVP I’d recommend something alone these lines:

Sword3 will provide lots of mini stuns with Restrain and high uptime on Pain Barrier, perfect for PVP. Plus Double Slash provides big damage with your clones.

Barb will provide another stun and CC, and Cleave will help you level up faster. You can choose Peltasta instead if you like shields. You’ll have an easier time leveling up with Swash Buckling, plus you’ll get +18% evasion which is nice with high DEX but IMO it’s less useful in PVP compared to Barb. Also if the KToS changes ever come to us, Cleave will change to provide 50% bonus to Slash attacks, meaning Double Slash clones burst will get much sexier.

Corsair will provide the best CC for swordies with Iron Hook, a good CC with Dust Devil, and another big damage burst with Hexen Dropper. At C1 you can choose to max Dust Devil first if you feel like you won’t be doing as much PVP during that period.

For stats I still think some STR is a good idea. Maybe something like 1 STR: 1 CON: 2 DEX since you prefer high DEX. You get 10% bonus to STR per rank so that’s +60% when you reach Shinobi. You should have enough DEX to reliably hit most peeps and going more DEX for evasion is not necessary because you want to sneak in, CC, and burst with Shinobi, not stand toe to toe with someone. You could argue that those points could go to CON instead of STR and you probably wouldn’t be wrong but the idea of Shinobi is to burst, and STR will help you do that.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Heavily reliant on landing Iron Hook in melee range. When that happens you can burst down just about anyone. Stealth also helps setup your attacks or get away from danger and the range and short CD from Kunai is very useful so we do have some nice tools for PVP.

Anyone know what Attribute skills we Shinobi should focus on? Examples?

Start with Bunshin Decreased Damage and Kunai Enhanced. That’s your bread and butter and what you’ll start with at first. After that if you want to PVP then get Stealth and Bind asap. If not then continue pumping Kunai.

Do I need any attributes from the classes before Shinobi?

Can’t say without knowing what classes they are lol but generally you can’t go wrong with getting enhancements to your main damage skills.

Oh, derp, lol. I’m going Sword, Sword, Barbarian (current), Sword, Corsair, Corsair, Shinobi.

Double Slash and Hexen Dropper enhancements will go a long way. It’s inexpensive to get them both to 30%.

1 Like