Tree of Savior Forum

[Build - SorcerKino] Psychic Guy Who Summons Evil Spirits to Kill His Enemies While He Distracts Them or Vice Versa

Hello! If you’re interested in combining Sorc + Kino and you like micromanaging, then you could maybe look at this build I’m running with. My character’s currently Lv.227 so obviously I haven’t done ET with it yet and haven’t grinded much.

Skill allocation is pretty standard.

#The Good and the Bad

##What’s good:

• The damage gap from [Psychic Pressure] and [Gravity Pole] when compared to a Wiz3 - Kino3 (since they have [Quick Cast]), is somewhat mitigated by [Templeshooter] hitting the monsters you’ve gathered with [Raise - PP] or lined up with [Gravity Pole]

• Kino3 alone isn’t very good for bosses, but the rest of the build is sort of an answer to that.

• [Cryo1] Ice Pike: deals 5 hits to bosses if you target it right. It has 2 charges, a 20s cooldown and the Enhance attribute is cheap. It’s a pretty okay filler.

• [Cryo1] Ice Wall with Audra: lets you burst down enemies with the [Ice Wall - PP] combo. Normally you’d want to let your [Templeshooter] take agro first so you can setup without the boss being annoying.

• [Sorc2] Summoning, Ride, Morph: sometimes lets [Templeshooter] take agro if you use it at the start of the battle and if the other DPS aren’t too strong. Templeshooter’s [S] skil and [F] skill seem to deal pretty good damage against bosses.

• During boss battles, this build doesn’t really have time to auto-attack since it’s too busy cycling the [Riding] cycle with the [Ice Wall - PP] combo + [Familiar] + [Ice Pike]. I often take agro after using [Ice Wall - PP] but that’s alright since bosses can’t seem to hit me when I start to use [Riding]. After Ice Wall has cooled down, ideally the other people in the party would have already taken agro from me since the Riding skills attribute the agro to the Templeshooter, not to me.

• [Servant] works wonders for [Magnetic Force]. I’m also used to swapping weapons so I switch to [Five Hammer] when casting [Magnetic Force], and this allows it to turn into a good CC with 15 AoE Ratio

• When you’re lazy doing field quests, you can just let [Templeshooter] do most of the work. You could also use a macro and AFK farm if you don’t mind risking a ban.

• Get to do a shitload of stuff. WOO MICROMANAGEMENT!

##What’s bad:

• This build drinks up a lot of SP, but I try to negate it by reducing my Max SP since my main skills consume SP by a percentage of it.
  • Needs a high-INT build for it to be effective in PvE. Going full-CON or heavy-CON is probably a bad idea for this build since [Ice Wall - PP] is highly reliant on Magic Attack, and [Summoning] is INT-based.

• This build can require you to act quick and be careful at the same time since it does not have Surespell or Frost Pillar.

• This build isn’t very future-proof.

• It does not have the amazing damage boost coming from Quick Cast.

• It does not have the amazing instant utilities from Cryo3, Linker, and Chrono3.

• It does not have the two greatest (imo), fast damage-dealing spells in the Wizard tree: [Frost Cloud] and [Flesh Cannon]. I put Dark Theurge in a close 3rd. I don’t rank Dark Theurge over Flesh Cannon due to its dependency on links to deal AoE damage, whereas Flesh Cannon highly benefits from links, but is not dependent on it as an AoE

• [Psychic Pressure] and [Gravity Pole] are channeling. If the new classes end up being channeling-heavy or if they make use of skills with very short cooldowns, having a channeling base is not very good.

• It’s not clickbait. No Chrono3? No Ele3? No Linker? GOODLUCK GETTING PARTIES. I haven’t had any problems though. Just advertise yourself as a Kino3, DO NOT ADVERTISE SORC! I repeat with slight changes! DO NOT ADVERTISE YOURSELF AS A SORC UNLESS IT’S FOR DINA BEE!

#Stat Point Allocation

• STR / DEX : the only reason there is to put points in STR / DEX is when you want to delete the character. It gives you the added reason of “my stat points are all messed up anyway.”

• SPR : since it doesn’t give a lot of magic defense and we’re trying to minimise the Max SP. It would be best to completely avoid SPR.

• CON : not a lot of CON is needed for this build since it uses a lot of CC and it wants to deal damage. You can dodge a lot of AoE attacks with [Riding] and if you want to lure, you can use your command spells with your [Templeshooter] or use [Summon Familiar]. Mobs seem to prefer targetting them. Personally, I have invested 55 CON.

• INT : This is where you should be pumping most of your stat points. This build is heavily dependent on INT due to [Ice Wall - PP] and [Summoning]

Notes:
When adding stat points, I think it’s best if you stop at where bonus points are added.

Calculation is based on base stats + invested stat points. Bonus stat points, rank bonuses, buffs, and gears are not considered.

So if you’re settling for under 50 CON, your invested CON should end in 2 or 7 since Wizards have a base CON of 3.

You can also just use this stat calculator to check whether there’s a bonus point nearby. You’ll know it when the stat point suddenly jumps up by more than a point. In-game, you’ll notice this by seeing stats that are only supposed to go up by 1 point jump for more than 1 point.

#Skill Allocation in Detail

soon

#Addons

Here are some addons that help make playing with this build much easier.

• Input Switcher (@axjv)
    This addon lets you toggle between mouse mode and keyboard mode. This is great for when things are looking a bit too chaotic for you to deploy your Ice Walls on mouse mode.

• Toggle Attribute (@mirarara)
    I use this addon to toggle Psychic Pressure’s stun attribute. Since having the Stun attribute on increases Psychic Pressure’s cooldown, I turn it the attribute off when I know I don’t need the stun.

• SkillCD (@mirarara)
    If you have someone else pulling mobs or another Kino, this addon will help a lot with coordination.

• cwSet (@fiote)
    Looks like it could be useful but afaik, it’s currently broken.

#Alternative Builds

##Alternative SorcerKino Builds

• This build sacrifices the burst from Cryo1 to get [Surespell], for more reliable CCs.
  • This build sacrifices all the bossing abilities from Cryo1 and Sorc2 to get [Surespell] and [Quick Cast] for better mob handling.

• Probably more future-proof than the two previous builds, but this build is kinda bad for boss fights because [Templeshooter] is stupid and channeling spells get canceled often.

• Gets an extra cool factor for being R7 with a Wizard icon

#Recommendations

• Would I recommend this build?
    Not really. I find it super fun but I wouldn’t really recommend it to anybody unless they seem to be specifically looking for something like this. I actually just want a lot of people to play Pelt.

• Out of all the builds I’ve listed, which one would I recommend?
    Probably the Wiz3 > Kino3 > Sorc1. It’s the build that I really want to do but I couldn’t because it looks really boring. It loses all the gimmicks of the build (Ice Wall - PP, Riding, Tanking)!

#More Videos!

2 Likes

I love psychokino and sorcerer, but not in the same character.

Although, I think this build would be awesome if you use a Maga Rod with Blue Gems that are not roasted. Plus SP recovery headgears.

The alternate builds would be better than getting Cryo1 (will drain more SP). However, Wiz3 doesn’t synergize with Sorc since it QC doesn’t add INT.

Oh man, your @ just forced me to update my toggle attribute add on such that it works properly without opening the skill window.

I’m kinda lazy to repackage the update into the ipf before. Will work on it tonight.

Man I wanted to run this build awhile back but… I cant bring myself to relevel another sorc. (Not that leveling a sorc is bad, mind, but having a cryosorcFF is good enough for me…for now.)

Also cheers for the addons, they’re pretty useful. Especially the CD Tracker. People actually KNOW when my ice tree comes off cd now. Yay~

I thought the problem was that you have to switch it once every time you change map or something. But anyway that’s Awesome. I actually use it on a bunch of chars

Ya, I actually fixed that bug. I just haven’t update it.

I didn’t realize it before because I was only using it frequently recently on fire ball burn attribute.