Tree of Savior Forum

[Build] Marsh's Monk || GvG/PvP/PvE || Do it all and do it amazingly

@Sandstorm @Loztchild @Sciguma

Take a look at this video:

It’s a PvE content but we can see all possible mechanics between Sadhu and Monk. Couldn’t find anything about this build on PvP but I have spoke with this player and he said he can do good on PvP with it too. You lose the Heal lvl 10 and the Safety Zone lvl 10 but from what I see and have tested, you gain in mobility and little DPS.

Not saying this is the strongest build, but it works.

Don’t like this build… with all this dex you will die from one magic missle probably… gl.)

dont understand what his saying lol

but sadhu and monk kinda interesting.

Note on ironskin. Makes you immune to knockback and knockup, However everything else goes through. So I’m playing you know a cool down or animation you can simply tap the button and give yourself a quick advantage. Also works in missions and in bosses.

It can work in PvP but the build will suffer.However,with patches going on Ktos things may change.But as for now imo Monk+Sadhu is decent at most in PVE and will do poorly in GvG/Duels/Battle League.

The mobility part is good to get away but to chase people in PVP that’s another story.Have you look at the OoB delay + the Monk skill delay?The enemy would be long gone before you land anything.There aren’t much gear in TOS right now to have both Magical and Physical Damage at the same except for some weapons.So you either going to good damage as a Monk or good damage on the Sadhu.

1 Like

I got your point, like I said, you will miss the Heal and Safety Zone lvl 10. For PvE, since your not supposed to be the main healer, you will have a increase in DPS with the Sadhu, even without INT (like in this video, you don’t invest any point on INT in this build), and don’t forget you will have a 30% decrease def debuff on the enemy while attacking with the OoB and a 30% evasion buff…

For PvP you can use the OoB to get closer, pretty sure it will be faster than running, or to get away (in this case you can only get away while in the Safety Zone). You can knock the enemy with the Astral Explosion, but this should be really difficult.

In the end all comes to playstyle, if you want a safer build, go for Cleric 2, otherwise you can go with the Sadhu.

Your right it depends on what play style people want but I am curious in pvp how this build will win against anyone.

I saw your build before you remove it, and I think Diev so boring but can’t deny it is really strong haha’

I’m not a fan of INT builds/Magic classes, but when I saw Sadhu I had to find a way to to put it on my monk build xD

It works for me and I think it is pretty fun. Maybe later I will create a Monk with Cleric 2 just for test, for now I will keep with my Spirit Monk =D

Sorry I removed it because I felt it’s not fair to the OP.The OP is base on Monk and not Sadhu and I felt I was going off topic,that is the reason I remove it :smiley:

Can you tell the options?

What do you mean by “tell the options”?

i make a cleric 2 + priest 2 + monk i am really low level 160, but i feel that i have a great survival, high heals, goods defence skilsl (saferity, aspersion, monstrance), maybe i have not great damage but i feel that can do everithink

This is a nice build and guide, thanks for sharing. I can definitely see the sustain with Priest2/3.

Question, though: how are you going to deal with CC in PvP? The pvp meta is very CC-oriented right now, if a build can’t deal with it, it doesn’t sound like it’ll perform well… and what about gap closing?

Personally I’d go PD in rank 7 (and maybe Cleric1->Priest2?) to solve that… but it’d heavily compromise your support before r7, and I have no ideas for getting around the gap closing issue.

Hi there, lets see if I can help you with something. =)

So, if your main focus is PvP, you should go for PD at rank 7. As you already said, the meta now is CC what that makes PD a must, however I will keep my monk 3, thinking on the rank 8.

About the gap closer, the only cleric class with some kind movement skill is Sadhu with OoB+Prakiti. It isn’t perfect but it’s what we have right now…
If you really want to go with Sadhu, I recommend this build: Cleric 2 > Priest 1 > Sadhu 1 > Monk 2 > Monk 3 / PD 1.

It isn’t the best build, probably the Priest 2 or the Diev 2 are better/safer options, but it works… We were talking about this before in this same topic, just take a look at the early posts.

I hope IMC will give us a rank 8 classe with focus on Str and that have a jump/roll/flying kick or anything like that haha’

1 Like

my main doubt about monk is about the cost of the class. I mean the monk has to buy Holy Water and Stamina Pills.
How much this cost affects the gameplay?

[quote=“raphaelcmacedo, post:35, topic:283766, full:true”]
my main doubt about monk is about the cost of the class. I mean the monk has to buy Holy Water and Stamina Pills. How much this cost affects the gameplay?
[/quote]The cost might affect gameplay slightly if it’s your first character. But if it’s your second and beyond, you’ll find everything really cheap… and even if it’s your first, it’s manageable once you reach 150+.

I’d recommend a different first character either way, since Monk is much easier to level up if you can always buy Pardoner buffs (Aspersio is only needed if you’re dying too fast) and keep a few Restoration scrolls around for buffing your Heal. Pretty sure Restoration buffs your Heal damage, too, so better AoE.

Actually it’s my 2th char and I’m planning to do a Priest 3>Monk 3. S I believe I won’t need the scrolls. I’m just worried at the stamina. Everybody says that you spend a lot at an endgame dungeon. It’s a little unfair because other classes spend almost nothing, maybe some sp potions.
But I would like to try a strong base cleric, let’s see.

one inch would be so good if it wasn’t resisted by blood letting.

[quote=“batcat, post:38, topic:283766, full:true”]
one inch would be so good if it wasn’t resisted by blood letting.
[/quote]And if Monk had an actual gap closer ;;

i am gettsly (this is my video)
maybe you guys missing some fact. You can attack with dagger (which can crit, which dmg based from your STR/DMG offhand, so we can ignore that INT-building, and our main target with sadhu is not just mobility, this is debuff and some very interesting thing - your mainhand /offhand effects going to sadhu dagger attacks - like VENOM poison or toyhammer ) and you can see it in video. just sayin.

at 14:24 i am use dagger to attack, if enemy have leather armor u can see dmg scales better, i have another video with proofs if needed.

main idea is get +30% debuff from sadhu soul, +crit dmg/dmg and all our dmg/str dex/critrate/critdmg etc etc will help not only our main double punch, but for our sadhu too.

for trigging dagger in OOB, you need before going OOB use dagger 1 time (press “C” for dagger attack > then activate out of body > then press “C” again and soul will attack with dagger, which is phys. pierce dmg, can crit, can be evaded, proc main/offhand attributs like toyhammer etc. )