Tree of Savior Forum

Build help for duoing

Hi everyone!

Looking for some advice. My cousin and I are coming back after a break and have seen that there has been lots of changes recently. We like to duo most content except dungeons and are looking for input on our builds.

His build so far is cleric1>diev3>druid3>X
He’s not sold on druid yet but he is going with diev3 at least.

I reset my character when I logged back in so im a blank slate atm. What build would do well with this cleric build? I prefer having some support~ish abilities and these are the builds i’ve been looking at:

Wiz3>ele3>warlock3
wiz1>cryo3>chrono3>sage2
wiz3>cryo3>thaum3>sage2
wiz1>cryo1>linker2>thaum3>sage2

The first build is almost all damage with no support which is why im slightly hesitant to do that build, but with a mostly support cleric I could see why more support isn’t very needed. Also with the builds using cryo3, from what i’ve seen cryo3’s tree is getting nerfed which would make this less effective.

So with all that in mind, any advice? Is sage even plausible as a dps and is it worth waiting til almost end game to get any real damage?
Also very much so open to new builds ideas.

Thanks!

You have a powerful ally with his/her statues here, but it’s a full support character, so I’d go with a magical DPS character. Don’t go cryo/chrono/sage or any of the support builds you proposed, your duo would probably not be able to do enough damage for the higher level content. The ele/warlock combo is awesome, it’s my main character and won’t suffer much once the wizard update hits the road. I can propose more builds if you want to try something different:

• wiz/cryo3/chrono3/enchanter2: the DPS counterpart to your sage, it still gives amazing support while dealing huge damage at high level with a quick lightning enhanced auto-attack
  • wiz2/link2/thauma2/featherfoot3: buff yourself and suck life from everything… and levitation is cool too
  • wiz2/cryo3/ele3/RC (rune caster): my ice witch, totally annihilates everything in the early/mid-game, very versatile, still got good crowd control and will probably be even better with the new wizard update, since cryo and ele will be complementary (frost cloud -> frost pillar, new earth based skill, buffed runes…)

I agree with draconis. Just would recommend the classic ele3w3 specially due the wiz rework, which will affect enchanter builds for example, and it is very easy to play IMHO.

There are good farmer builds, usually with link and thauma which can be desirable as you main want to get some items for you or to sell. As it is your main character, that would probably be best way to go.

The support wiz build will not benefits the party so much, as wiz are more focused on aoe matk DPS

By the way, your cousin is probably cleric ? Diev3 druid3 as diev is no available on rank 2 . I would recommend other builds for him , unless he really enjoys Diev3.

The wizard side was already answered, but I also wouldn’t recommend Chronomancer for a duo like yours (unless you go Enchanter, which then you could have more use of it). Sage also won’t bring much, although you put it in 3 of your builds.
Anyway, for your cousin’s build though, he wants to be a wolfy, thus the Druid 3 ? For Diev 3 I’d recommand to go Miko because it’s basically Diev 4, Miko can extend statues indefinitely.

Agreed. Your cousin should go cleric2 diev3 miko druid3.

Awesome, thanks so far guys! I’ll pitch C2>diev3>miko>druid3 as that definitely makes sense for his build.

I’m now interested in two builds: The warlock build and featherfoot build.

I did linker before and really enjoyed it so that’s a plus for featherfoot, but i see a potential issue here. Since his build is mostly support, and featherfoot has most of the damage for it’s build, would the leveling process become an issue with the little damage we’d have? And What advantages does warlock have over featherfoot? Just pure damage?

Also for both builds, how SP hungry are they? My cousin thinks the SP totem is mediocre unless I need it, so if I can get some clarity on that, that would be great!

Thanks everyone!

As you level, make sure to take the Sacrament and Blessing buffs. The buffs and your auto-attacks are enough most of the time to level.
Also as a Cleric his Heal 10 is one of the best ground damage skills (Heal hits double with the Blessing buff on, it’s a hidden synergy), then he’ll also have Cure. I doubt we’ll have the wizard updates any time soon though, so your Wizard 2 and Linker 2 damages changes won’t be here :confused:
But overall, you shouldn’t have any damages issues as long as you keep your buffs on until you reach your damaging classes.

The Zemyna statue for SP is actually pretty nice, especially if he goes with wolf transformation at Druid 3, Lycanthropy, because it consumes SP per second.
For FF, it’s not unmanageable. Usually as long as you got SP pots most classes can manage their SP pool. So for your own wizard build, Zemyna isn’t a must have.

Elementalist-Warlock build would be pure damages, yes. Link 2-Thaum 2-FF 3 works as a self-sufficient build with good buffs, mobs grouping, good damages, self-healing. So it depends on if you want to be pure damages or a little bit more versatile.

regarding the Balance patch and the nerf of frostpillars “suck” ability u also could consider pyro/ele as Support/DD.
FIREBALL will get you almost trough everything eraly/mid game and ele is good for aoe - lategame u still have firepillars hidden “stun” to lock enemies so your comerade can use aoe spells along with you like carnivory.
it is up to you to make a proper build around that like
W2/3-Pyro2/3- Ele2/3 - X/Y
i recomend at least W2, RC or Shadow (halucination) to have a setup for your casting time spells.

Since we are discussing duo here, may I ask a question?

Wiz-pyro1-link2-chrono3-enchant2 and cleric2-priest3-chap-PD3. Can linker2’s spiritual chain share self buffs like aspergillum, healing factor, beak mask, methadone, enchant fire (soon), lightning hand…etc? If it can, these 2 builds should be an easy-to-control duo.

Methadone is already shared across the party even without chain. Enchant fire will be shareable through link once the rework hits. The rest of what you said can’t be shared. Basically spiritual chain will mostly be for the bonus magic damage attribute that comes with the wiz rework (and also for casting lifeline ofc)

o.O?! So what is the definition of spiritual chain then? Since most of the buffs I mentioned are not shareable. The skill description only says “share buff effects”…

It shares some buffs. Here’s a list from 2016 that includes the shareable ones. List is basically cloaking, guardian, gung ho, restrain, quick cast, and running shot. It also shares the reworked daino and the updated enchant fire. Not sure what else I missed out on.

1 Like