Tree of Savior Forum

[BUG, EXPLOIT, HATOCALYPSE] Scout Scan + Hundreds of hats

This screenshot was posted on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4q1qjw/hat_exploit_over_100_hats_accumulated_overall/
(deleted right now)

and this comment explains what happened:
https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4q1qjw/hat_exploit_over_100_hats_accumulated_overall/d4ptp1n
(I am going to post a print screen in the next post to save it case deleted, btw IMC, new accounts here can only have one image per post, seriously?)

It seems Scout Scan has a bug, considers objects/summons/skills/stuff as players and gives hats to anything.

2 Likes

The comment.

1 Like

I was actually in this guild not too long ago,they’re good people and I believe what they’ve said concerning this. They’ll probably fix this since it’s been made public but I don’t think it’s a major concern.

4 Likes

so bokors, necro 2’s, sorcerers, cryo 3’s, sappers(maybe?), dievderbies and probably a bunch of other classes get to be the pineapple lords huh? neat.

edit: if it’s one hat per entity, then that means a particularly greedy cryo3 sorc3 could spawn close to 34 hats by themselves

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s not a bug… so there is no need to fix it.

I spend like 2-3 hours in demon prison and get more fallen angel wings than that.

4 Likes

Assuming it does work in the way the comment screenshot states, that’s definitely a bug. Not that it matters much since you can’t NPC hats for Silver, but summons/objects shouldn’t be giving extra loot.

@nuclearmissile Lmao “Guild of bug abusers”, you’re hilarious; reading your other posts, I wonder if IMC or anyone still take you seriously.

I guess I should clarify; after our guild event, we went to find the 3 scout hats, and for the most part, that comment is true (aside from the exaggerated 100+ pineapple hats. i wish). By the time we got to the last hat scan, we wanted to test exactly how Scout’s C3 ‘Scan’ works, because we had a few extra from our 2nd hat scan. Sooo just to note, icewall and caltrops don’t seem to count? I think its because they are seen as enemies? …I’m not too sure, we only had 1 real test xD

Nevertheless, I didn’t think this was a big deal, as a lot of people have mentioned, but we sent a ticket anyways (as opposed to making a forum post for a lot of people to see), you know, to stop aallll those people farming Scout c3 classes to abuse Scan! haha. Though, sadly someone did leak that picture from our discord with that tasty bait title, that reddit fame was too good to pass up I guess?

PS. awwwhh ^^ ty @Melon that was sweet of you to say~ I hope all is well!

6 Likes

I am the scout who was running this thing (seen in the ss with the white Tiger hat) I personally sent a ticket afterwards explaining fully what happened. But as bryan said, we didn’t post it on the forums to try to prevent others from abusing this flaw in the game programming. Also as he said, we were testing the mechanic to see what would happen. We arent replicating it, and we aren’t even selling the extra hats, so we aren’t really gaining as much as you all think. We all are keeping them and giving them to friends or just passing them out freely to new guild members etc. We arent benefiting in any financial way from this at all.

3 Likes

All I see is someone that can’t do math.

2 Likes

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue have brought. We highly appreciate your inputs and insights regarding to Tree of Savior. We will forward this problem to our proper department for further review