Tree of Savior Forum

Bug abuser or just indulge

eh? I seen people using [Stop] w/o attribute to stop boss gimmick since Legend skiaclipse, and I taught it was normal, no one report about the skill back then. The chorono’s skill imc nerf was [Pass] to reset long cd skills.

So, Chronomancer’s skill Stop is not supposed to stop bosses … who would’ve thought?
:thinking:
RIP Chronomancer, that skill of yours had one job.

I mean, the skill is supposed to stop mobs until you turn on an attribute which is supposed to make it affect bosses a single time. Emphasis on a single time here.
Aside from this unintended use, the skill is pretty outdated. Worked well in ET though.

3 Likes

when the recording goes wrong
feelsbadman

Ive ever recorded about bug and report to imc and i didnt get ban, but yeah, different vid title and intention.
Then how about ppl who used it secretly without show it to everyone. They are more deserve punishment than ppl in vid. But it also cant because no evidence. So if this vid never exist, you guys wont know if they used this feature and this thread will never exist also.
I bet 90% ppl who mad about the guy in this vid for using this feature, they also use it afterward and feel “wow this is much faster, i shouldve use it earlier”, because previously they didnt know. This is not the first time it happened :grin:

The sad part for me that skills like these could pretty much be adjusted to be useful in raids and make it an actual feature in a way. ( 1 time stop won’t rly make ppl want chrono in their parties I guess )

For example I still don’t understand why thauma’s Reversi is simply disabled in raids instead of letting that poor class have some use.

Exploit is not good but I also want to point out as a sidenote that some skill descriptions in the game are still wrong or inaccurate… Also I think there are still some hidden synergies…at least I found some not too long ago…but they pretty much could be bugs too idk.
Anyway this rly seems like something unintended…I’m just saying sometimes it is not obvious with mistranslations, bugs and actual hidden features…

1 Like

Then how about ppl who used it secretly without show it to everyone. They are more deserve punishment than ppl in vid

Are you serious? All they did was use a skill. If they found something others didn’t that gave them a competitive advantage, why on earth would they be obligated to share that with everyone.

This is Tree of Savior, not Communist China.

Tree of Savior’s ToS explicitly states that if you find any irregularities you should report the error and not abuse it to your own benefit or else you will be facing sanctions on your account.
But you’re right, ppl are not obliged to share with everyone, in fact, they are forbidden to share with others but IMC.

Botting is against the ToS too, and we all see how much they care about that.

1 Like

Is the game ded then? Should we all just cheat?

No. But devs and mods dont care.

1 Like

an abuse is an abuse, you only made yourself more funny here by making up for them.

In most normal games when you exploit bugs, you are just straight up banned for a predetermined amount of time, based on the severity of the bug. It doesn’t matter if it was “just using a skill” but in this case it’s “just using a skill which also is not working based on the skill description and also letting you do content which is hard by design and letting you bypass most of the mechanics.”

Like 3 exploiter crying threads ago wasn’t it you saying that you were impressed with the culture of exploit/RMT-shaming on your server? Issues of this nature are pretty black and white.

In this case, it seems to be using a skill as intended that had an unintended interaction. I would not class that an exploit. Just poor coding

Hmm
I disagree with this slightly.

Normally the [stop] spell should not affect raid bosses at all unless you have the [stop: control boss] attribute on.

When you have the attribute on - it should only be able to affect boss actions exactly once per boss in the raid by time locking them for some seconds.

However it seems what is happening is that:

1. [stop] without the [stop: control boss] attribute is interrupting moring’s casting bar which makes it possible to bypass certain mechanics.
  2. The effect of [stop] itself isn’t even happening.(it does not time lock the boss) - because the [stop: control boss] attribute isn’t used.

Basically - stating that using [stop] as intended is abit incorrect considering:

• It should not affect the boss at all unless you have the attribute turned on.
  • it should not affect the boss more than once if you have the attribute turned on.
  • using [stop] without the attribute in that raid should only affect the gribas as they arent bosses. So using stop to affect the bosses; especially without the attribute is definitely NOT intended.
6 Likes