Tree of Savior Forum

Buddha and Jesus Follower Guide

Hello,
Today i found this build:

And i also wanted to know from you if it is viable to do or not.

Although, what i wanted to do was Paladin C2, Monk C2. But in this topic:

I saw that maybe it isn’t very good.

I have both a paladin and a monk. And these are my suggestions:

Monk C1 isn’t that great. Double punch is nice to have but it’s mostly a filler for auto attacks if yours are weak enough (they probably are unless you’re a chaplain). Monks get a lot better when they get to C2 with one inch punch and energy blast. Therefore I wouldn’t recommend taking monk C1 at rank 7.

Like the guide mentioned, it’s recommended you either go monk or paladin. Paladin is more support-ish with restoration increasing heal effectiveness and resist elements providing a nice % chance to completely avoid magical dmg. Monk is straight out damage and all supportiveness from you will come mostly from your lower rank classes from before becoming a monk.

If you REALLY want to mix paladin and monk, I’d recommend paladin C1 and Monk C3 rather than pally 3 monk 1. Pally C1 gives restoration and turn undead which are both good skills only as low as level 1.

All that being said, if you don’t mix up paladin and monk, you end up with a build which is very popular for both paths - Priest 3 then Paladin 3 or Monk 3. Both builds are good because priest 3 gets stone skin which is quite strong against physical damage mobs provided you have enough SPR.

The Priest 3 -> Paladin 3 path is straight out VERY support-ish and you’ll have some difficulty to solo at higher levels. Especially considering you’ll only get conviction at rank 7 which is quite essential to help you level as a paladin. It has less DPS but it’s also one of the most tankish cleric builds you can make due to stone skin + resist elements. For this build I recommend you accept the fact you are a support and focus more on SPR/CON rather than STR/DEX. Your healing capabilities should be fine as long as you keep restoration up (even if it’s only level 1), it boosts your heals by a lot.

Now the Priest 3 -> Monk 3 is a rather common monk build. It’s pretty good as a Support/DPS hybrid but you might have a little bit of trouble with your healing capabilities. For this kind of build you can either go STR or DEX or both. But High Dex builds prefered in PvP. Also keep some points into SPR as well to increase the efficiency of your stone skin. Like I mentioned before, your healing capabilities will be weak so I would recommend a reasonable amount of skill points spent into mass healing (5 or more, but personally i’d max it).

If you need more information you can surely seek out the monk or paladin megathreads in the cleric section:

Paladin:

Monk:

Btw I thought this “Jesus Follower” build would include bokor zombies for some reason… Oh well

EDIT:

Sorry I didn’t pay attention to the part where you mentioned you wanted a Paladin C2 Monk C2.

I would suggest you to not stop at Paladin C2. Paladin C2 gets conversion which is a skill used only on very specific builds and if you don’t get that you’ll have tons of points leftover because Restoration and Turn Undead both don’t usually need many points. Smite from lvl 5 to lvl 10 is okay, gives you some more damage, but it’s certainly way less damage you can achieve than if you went Monk C3 instead. Smite gets a lot better if you debuff the enemy with conviction before and you won’t have conviction as a Paladin C2.

So as Paladin C2 Monk C2 you’re losing on both support and DPS sides and not really gaining much of either side.

1 Like

They’re both junk.

Not enough healing, and monk with pala3 may only be good if r8+ doesn’t offer spammable dmg options. (And even then it’s not very good.)

Likewise stay clear of pala3/priest3 builds, it’s a shoddy attempt at mixing the worst cleric pvp class with a pvp centric class that has to to much overlap in skills. Also has inferior healing/support compared to the cleric2/r7 pala variants.

Thanks very much for your answer.
I read a lot about those builds and i alreayd realized that mixing them was such a big deal.
I guess i would have to make another character to be a Monk, cuz my current one is already at Paladin C2. And i doesn’t really want to mess his builds just for have two cool costumes. Haha

I’m noticed that Priest C3 > Pala C3 is made to have Chaplain for the Rank 8. Also, maybe this build cames ok like you said to get Monk C2 in Rank 8.
Either way, i prefer to wait to see if rank 8 will come one more Battle Specific Cleric Class too.