Tree of Savior Forum

Broken Drop rates!

I am not sure why but, I will get items that should be rare more often than “White” common items. A good example is “Blue Windigo” I can get 10 “Hard Leather Gloves” in like 150 kills but, no rare items. However; when I kill “Blue Dumaro” I get 5 “Red Gem” and 15 “Blue Durmaro Claw” but, no “Crossbow”.

What gives…Is that a known issue? I am not asking for a super easy drop rate but, when I have killed 452 “Blue Dumaro” that would make this item almost impossible to get.

How about instead of offering exp from killing hundreds of one monster you get the collectible from that monster after turning it in to the colletion NPC. Better yet why don’t you just make a flat 10% chance to get the “collectable item” that can’t be traded and, once it is in your collection you won’t recieve it again EVER.

Sorry if this has been talked about but, IMO this is unacceptable.

Unacceptable? Then quit the game.

Drop rates are random, deal with it or roll an Oracle and manipulate those drops.

I appreciate your input…

If drops rates are in fact random then percentages for drop rate make no sense. that means that everytime I kill a monster I would have a 5% chance then the next could be 90% then the next after that would be .000000001%. Random isn’t a good option for drops.

Like I said before a system that allows you to get collectibles separate from normal drops would be great. Heck it can even be a quest where only that item drops from the monster and it is not trade-able.

I don’t play this game to spam a ■■■■ ton of one monster to horde a market. I just want to collect all the collectibles in a reasonable amount of time.

I really like this game it has quite a bit of potential but, when myself and others have been thrown into a frenzy of market manipulators and bots. desperately fighting for the handful monsters for a random chance at an item we don’t give to craps about other than game completion. It can really make you set down the controller and, just eat the money you gave Nexon to support their game.

[UPDATE]

I have been busy with work but, in the time I have managed to play I have completed most of the collections I was hoping to complete. including ones I mentioned above.

That however; doesn’t mean I didn’t take hours of grinding on some lower spawn count and long spawn time creatures. I was fortunately able to play during off hours and it took to several hours to run around and complete just one. The example I will provide is “Firent” there are roughly 6 spawns at any give time. I was able to hop around channels uninterrupted spending about 3 mins in each channel then about 1 min on the loading screen. roughly 39 mins of switch channels will get you if your lucky 60 kills but, we all know that isn’t going to happen so it is more like 3 spawns per channel putting us at roughly 30 every 39 mins. I killed about 190 of them to get “Firent Skin” which put me at about 4.11 hours. This was uninterrupted gameplay with no one else on running around trying to kill these things so realistically if you can only play during peak hours your chances of getting one of these items is going to take you 6, 7, 8 solid hours of gameplay.

Try to avoid getting all defensive about this post this is my opinion. Do feel free to share yours. I love this game and I am glad it has escaped most of the bad mechanics that tend to plague this style/genre of game.

Thank you for reading.

500 Tanu = 6 Ubuko Staff / 8 Acolyte Robes / 100k silver / 0 Tanu Flower
(Broken drop rate) 4 hours total time

151 Doyor = 49 Valrijones / 4 Doyor Leaf Branch / 1 Doyor Claw
(Working Drop Rate) 1 hour total time

Not all drop rates are the same. They range from 0.01% to 50%.

Most collections have at least one really rare item so it’s hard to complete it.

And yeah sometimes you need to kill a monster 10000+ times to get the item and in the worst case the monster is a rare spawn that only spawns every 5 minutes.

I wouldn’t call it an “issue”, though. You don’t need to finish collections if you don’t enjoy the grind, the loss isn’t that bad.

Actually there is an item less than .01, that is the white boater hat.

People in the thread about it have over 400k kill between them, 0 hats. If we are generous and say someone gets it within the next 100k kills, that is a

0.000002% chance at the drop

I know small sample size, but koreans have reported 1/100k which is 0.00001% chance

4600 saugas and 0 sauga motor engine… and we need 3 of them for collections

1 Boater per 100k kills is actually 0.001% drop rate.