Tree of Savior Forum

Briquetting: Select Appearance

Great now I want to do it to, but I didn’t even know this was possible until then, gonna be good…

So how you do it? Just reskin wanted skin with any weapon then you can use it for main weapon regardless of star?

just say its hidden advance skill mechanic huehue like resetting skills and keeping the skills attribute

My gut feeling tells me this is unintended, I want to try it too though. I don’t want IMC to just suddenly nab my gear if they came back and said: “Nope, we didn’t intend this!”. :sweat_smile:

I guess it’s a do at your own risk type of deal.

@redwea I believe it’s the way it’s coded. The game only checks against what you put into the [Sacrifice Slot] and not the [Retained Item Slot]. So in this case, you put in, say a Lv75 Rod in the Sacrifice Slot first before you put the Lv315 Rod in the Retained Item slot. Essentially allowing you to take the skin of the Lv75 Rod while disregarding the supposed “stars must match or be greater” requirement.

@Di3rn Did I get that correctly?

1 Like

Guys they might ban you for bug abuse! Don’t do it!!!

Imma try it later :1234:

Briquetting Service = 10 BS

Server: Varena
Teamname: HeavensEnd

Thats exactly like it!

1 Like

Can you guys try using the totally legit weapons for Briquetting?

2 Likes

Nawp, my Alchemist 3 friend immediately tried it as soon as he logged in and got one. Shouldn’t work, didn’t work.

1 Like

Sooo didn’t work :worried: ? 2 hours to be in game…

Edit- not the event gear, I mean the lower star skin

Err my reply right above yours was for @tampon’s inquiry.

Please see: [quote=“DiMeowgio, post:24, topic:352442”]
The game only checks against what you put into the [Sacrifice Slot] and not the [Retained Item Slot]. So in this case, you put in, say a Lv75 Rod in the Sacrifice Slot first before you put the Lv315 Rod in the Retained Item slot. Essentially allowing you to take the skin of the Lv75 Rod while disregarding the supposed “stars must match or be greater” requirement.
[/quote]

For your question. As well as the examples shown by @Di3rn here Briquetting: Select Appearance

TL;DR - Can you use event weapons for Briquette? NO // Can you use low stars for [appearance] on high star items. YES, very likely a bug and not intended.

1 Like

nuuuuu make it 5 BS :smiley:

I finally said f*ck it and did it anyway.

Karacha Dagger -> Small Crystaras (Re-Skin) -> Short Duelist (Re-Re-Skin)

Venier got Min~Max now. :stuck_out_tongue: (Used to be flat 199 at +10)

1 Like

Briquetting works separately for Min attack and Max attack. In Rapier’s case, min attack = max attack. Also if you ever Briquet again, it uses the original value of the equipment, not the briquetted value.

1 Like

looks gud now

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/U2a99QTm

Briquetting:
- Fixed issue where the materials fused couldn’t work on lower grade ingredients/equipment.

What?

Maybe they’re declaring that it’s intended. Because right now, if you wanted to make a high level item look like a lower level item, you’d have to specifically input the lower level (appearance) item first, before the higher level (retained) item.

This sounds good then :stuck_out_tongue:

OR it could also mean that super low level items can’t be briquetted at all, which is not what they intended?

Is it broken? Tried to make a Small Crystaras (6 star) look like a Short Duelist (5 star) and didn’t worked. This is what my Alchemist friend was getting

@STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Letitia This should work like before, just for the Skin purposes. Like this

Can you guys please, check? :'3

3 Likes

In one of the last patches the bug was fixed, it allowed items with less stars to be used as materials. It was a bug triggered by putting the material item first then the higher star weapon on the top slot.

Despite the patch notes giving the impression (even on the translations of korean patches we got) saying it would be allowed to use weapons with less stars it actually meant the bug was fixed.

Why isn’t it just simply allowed for us to use Briquetting on weapons with any number of stars?

It also have the problem of Lv.315+ weapons. If people don’t like the Hunting Ground weapon skin they’re stuck to Practonium weapon >.<

7 Likes

we need alchemist to have value in being what it is. there should be an option to only change the appearance of a weapon and not modify the stats.

Briquetting weak weapons with strong ones would mean using crap weapons to attempt to empower stronger weapons. the need for the same amount of stars makes the sacrifice more meaningful.

the new free dungeons will probably be a place where briquetting to empower a weapon has more of a use since you can probably farm those weapons a lot easier. so the current system that requires you to use the same amount of stars has it’s use because it is another way to possibly empower your char that does not involve pract; farming for a multitude of items to craft a weapon; or highest level content raid farming.

this will perhaps become more important of an option since the attack stats of weapons will increase with the major update.

5 Likes