Tree of Savior Forum

Bought the founders but worried about too much diversity etc

I played this game back in the Beta. I was really happy that I got a key to play it and it was nice to see the chat filled with ‘mostly’ English text and to meet really cool people.

I for one actually really like region locks. I think that they keep a lot of the garbage out of the game, and by that I don’t mean people. I mean the kind of behaviour that they bring to the game. I don’t want people to start hating me and I don’t want to start blaming certain demographics but I definitely believe that some people are just not meant to play together.

I’m worried that when I play this game, there’s going to be simply too much diversity. Most games have ‘realms’ or worlds that are ‘country specific’ but I don’t know if ToS will have this, and of course that won’t stop a lot of people from just all joining one world or another.

The point is, I really liked this game in the beta and I sunk hundreds of hours into it. Enough for me to happily support the developers in getting the Founder’s 1 pack. I honestly can’t wait to play it again.

Does anyone else have similar worries? Games like BDO are so ruined because of too much diversity and too many people from different cultures and backgrounds abusing each other. It’s impossible to read the chat, or to find people who are even slightly similar to yourself that you could be friends with. The game is basically just a gigantic melting-pot/clusterf**k of people and that really drops the atmosphere in my opinion.

Anyway great to see that a game like this exists. I hope I can honestly find a good new home here and really come to enjoy this game.

2 Likes

Your reasons (if i can call that) are invalid on the internet, you will always be bound to find some kind of people you don’t like, even IRL you are bound to find the same people you hate, if you, and of course others, don’t like to deal with this kind of people, stay away from online games.

In summary, or you adapt and ignore what you don’t like, or don’t play, i myself hate most of my countrymen due to their ridiculous behavior and lack of education and culture, but it is not all of them, same goes for other country people.

This kind of topic and discussion is useless imo.

Well everyone have the right to put up what they worry or think, but in this subject in particular is sort of a waste of time.

5 Likes

It’s honestly not a waste of time. You’re entitled to your opinion but really, have you ever played any MMO or any large online multiplayer game before? WoW, CS:GO etc.? When you just allow EVERYONE to play together, you start to lose a good amount of the essence in a game. The atmosphere drops, the amount of help you can get for something drops. Ergo sum, if you increase the scope of something too much, it’s harder to focus on (or even notice) the detail.

We’re not all children here. I may have even been using the internet longer than you, so I know all about finding ‘undesirables’ online. That doesn’t mean that voicing concerns about a lack of region locks, or an overload of diversity isn’t an legitimate issue that will affect the game’s reception and equally the amount of enjoyment someone can get out of it. The community/playerbase of a game is honestly one of the most important things. If that aspect sucks, no one plays.

I could argue it until the cows come home that it is not always a ‘choice’ to ignore undesirable players when you are forced to play with them like in CS:GO, and WoW. Or simply not play. Obviously no one wants to do the latter. But this is precisely why Asian MMOs have region locks and seek advice from western publishers. It’s in order to cater games to a certain demographic because let’s face it, you can’t just throw everyone into one pot and expect that we’re all just going to ‘get along’ and that everyone will enjoy the same things.

Anyway, I for one hope that this game is heavily region locked. People from other continents should get content and players that better match their own playstyles and interests. We shouldn’t all just be thrown together to suffer a mess of languages and disparate expectations.

1 Like

I played lots of MMO’s, lots of MP games so i know where i came from.

Try say that to someone younger than you, specially if they are under 20.

I am not discussing about that really, i am talking generally and the behavior of the human being itself. If you think that even if you have region lock will solve that kind of behavior, think again, the world is not a fairy tale, even withing your countrymen there is toxic people, you will be pissed at someone sometime because of some stupid behavior.

I do agree with you there, but the game company have nothing to do with the community behavior, what they can do is try to contain the really bad behviors (racism, xenophobia, hacking, etc…) and that is it, if someone come up to you and say they don’t like you and start some childish behavior IMC have no real motive to intervene.

Can be in part, but the real reason is the market, Asian market is much different from ours, we don’t want P2W stuff in the game, Asians tolerate it because in some cases, they don’t have time to waste in the game and can pay for a boost or gear which allow them to be competitive when they find the time. At least is what i think.

You can say that all you want, but you don’t see the main point on doing that, it means more money wasted for new servers, not only that, it means that IMC will have to give up on managing the game here and pass to a publisher, which leads to the main fear of many, will it end up being P2W?
You talk about mess of languages, but you forget that there are immigrants in any country you go, who will know if they won’t seek for their own countrymen using their native language?

We can stay here all day long arguing about it, but in the end, what really matter to the game company is profit, if it will cause headache then it is better cancel all and move on to the next project that will give money.

We are here to play something we like, we demand some stuff, but in reality we don’t have much right on what to demand, even if we pay for the services, because as i said, the company need to make money or they wont eat and live, same goes for us. I can pretty much play the game without paying, but i chose to pay to support the company that make a game that i really like.

I will end this text wall and my comments here because i already know where this will end up since i saw many threads like this in the past.

Good luck here and have fun when the game open.

8 Likes

God what a condescending load of nonsense from a real procrastinator!

I’m going to summarise everything in one sentence.

Region locks aren’t a perfect fix but they DEFINITELY help in reducing the issues of overcrowding and cultural indifference.

As for the rest of what you wrote. I have neither the time nor the desire to reply to such a post, especially one as big as that. The game needs an EU server with region locks, otherwise I just see it becoming a problem for both US and EU players.

Honestly before I bought the founder’s I actually expected an EU server.

4 Likes

I agree. There is a lot of hate mongering towards those from the EU lately. It’s difficult to try and have to post about it and then be assailed by 6 posters claiming it is whining. I expected there to be a EU server from the start too.

I will be incredibly disappointed if there isn’t one and I’ll withdraw from the game entirely.

I already am not liking some of the practices in the game like trade locking, class balance and that it is still in beta and we are already seeing a cash shop in the game with possible pay to win elements and Founders Packs put on Steam while still on beta.

If they don’t even give a EU server it is just the last straw in a big pile of hay that used to be. I adore this game, but there’s so much.

Not to mention a topic I spent maybe an hour this morning writing was pinned by @Staff_Julie but only 10 hours later it was unpinned, especially since it’s now prime time for Europeans to start posting.

I can already see that and I’ve only been on the forums here for about an hour. I honestly don’t understand the hate to be honest. It’s not like we’d stop them from having a US server if they wanted to bring out only a European server and then block Americans and Latin Americans from playing etc.

Craziness. Anyway I’m not here to grab my pitchfork but I will probably refund if us Europeans don’t get our own server. I mean really, it’s crazy we even have to ask. I’ll definitely be following the system in the close future and whether or not our wishes are heard will heavily influence whether or not I refund and jump ship, or stay.

1 Like

I’ve been here ever since the Founders Packages were released, last week and I’ve been advocating a EU server ever since. I’ve kept to only topics about them and never made multiple topics, but every topic gets these trolls who only spam the same thing. They drone the same reply and it’s honestly frustrating to read.

I’ve even been flagged by them, as they, as a group will abuse the flagging system. The thing is they think it’s a good thing to do but it only shows the public that this isn’t an open forum for discussion, but a place where you can bully and silence people.

It’s a clear abuse of the forum mechanic by a lot of posters.

3 Likes

I hope that something is done about it. Every single EU player that joins expects an EU server. I mean seriously, like this is such a given that most of us probably bought the pack without even realising that there wasn’t going to initially be an EU server because that isn’t explained on the steam page at all.

Now that I am looking at the stats though. The amount of people holding off from buying a founders because there’s no EU server is huge though. That’s a lot of money that the devs and publisher aren’t getting, and it would take a long time to make that back with the cash shop.

1 Like

how exactly do you know the opinion of every single EU player?

i have no problems playing on a na server.
i’m not even going to transfer should they ever make an eu server

5 Likes

Oikeasti? I wonder how you will feel when your ping is so bad, just for starters. Have you tried playing CS:GO on NA servers only? What about WoW? I kind of doubt that you’ve ever tried to play a game that’s hosted on the other side of the planet.

Heck, even playing Runescape on US worlds is insanely bad.

If you don’t transfer then ihan sama, good for you! I for one don’t want to play on the NA server and I shouldn’t have to.

Most if not all negative reviews on Steam for instance are from EU players disgusted by the discovery of no EU servers. I’m sure IMC will make it happen. They have this week to do it and if they pull through it only means good fame and fortune for them so it’s a no brainer.

They haven’t ruled it out and they most likely want to do it, but weren’t even prepared for it. That’s kind of what worries me the most.

I’m hoping good news till Friday as I know the main staff doesn’t work through the weekends and the release is set for next week Tuesday. I will wait till Monday before I do a refund if no news.

dude what are you talking about BDO has a nice comunity, world chat is nice at least at Jordine server where im playing. (and expected to quit to switch to ToS but its starting to seem that wont happen because ToS screws)

There can be 1 disgusting joke every now and then, and a bit anti spoon-feed, but thats just the status of the net at the moment, dont ask if you didnt google first!

and of course, its really ******** that IMC hadnt planed a EU server from the start, its obvious they expected us to play on US server and pay for it happily, then maybe get a pay2win publisher for europe.

Somehow this events are remembering me the EuroRO server closing because gravity didnt like the p2p model, and the arrival of p2win FranceRo (current EuroRo), someone on korea must think this was a “smart move”, lol.

Hmm maybe I should go and leave a negative review for no EU servers on Steam then too. I can always change it back of course if they deliver.

Well of course, I don’t see any negatives coming out of releasing an EU server. Anyway let’s see how it goes. I’ll take a leaf out of your book and wait until Monday as well, but follow the topic closely.

Peace!

Ssrsly… a nice community and world chat is nice? World chat is just full of

WWW.OMGGOLFDSFDSHJGFDFS.LOL - CHEAP GOLD
WWW.OMGGOLFDSFDSHJGFDFS.LOL - CHEAP GOLD
etc.

and about a billion requests for guilds/members in 30 different languages. I’ve played in a few different servers and it’s all the same. Maybe your server is nice, but I highly doubt it. Have you logged in lately?

Anyway this isn’t the topic.

2 Likes

Ootko tosissas? Why wouldn’t you want an EU server? We get terrible ping for the NA East server. Do you have friends there or something or just clueless how much ping affects the gameplay?

I don’t mind people from any country, as long as I can understand their English.

All I really need is for global chat to be restricted to English, so I don’t get annoyed by the things that I don’t understand.

2 Likes

o true, goldsellers are anoying… you got a point there, hope they do something, im blocking like 20 daily, it was ok at the begining, but its geting very anoying.

Here we go :smiley: suomi mainittu. Anyway let him play in NA if he chooses, but he should let us play in EU if we want to.

I’m from NA and to be quite honest I’m shocked to hear that there isn’t a separate EU server…

I for one don’t like multiple languages in my world chat for a number of reasons. Most prominently how it alienates anyone who doesn’t speak whatever language is flooding world chat at any given moment.

On a somewhat related note… Is there a post with server count/names somewhere? Call me blind if I missed it. <_<