Tree of Savior Forum

BOT Information

They are the same thing, your method of thinking is just different. Instead of solving a problem you are looking for holes.

Christ these bots are taking over humanity lol. What is left that we can do but that they canā€™t.

I work a lot on automation, and itā€™s quite amazing what you can ā€˜teachā€™ a computer to do. I once joked with my PI that we donā€™t have to hire new research technicians because I could simply program a machine to do their job.

Itā€™s funny because now we have machines that can do exactly what a standard research technician can do. The only upside to a tech is that they can think through complications with protocols and they cost less upfront than a standard pipette machine lol.

Anyway, as long as the captcha or bot detection makes it so that the botter thinks that itā€™s not worth the effort to bypass then itā€™s enough. Doesnā€™t have to be too extravagant

I agree with this. But the implementation of a captcha that is difficult enough for botters to decide itā€™s not worth solving, but is still not detrimental to gameplay is ā€¦ difficult to say the least. Iā€™m sure some of the bigger companies would be using it if someone had figured something like this out.

Still worth it for the bigger companies since theyā€™re able to rake in cash I guessā€¦ I remember some game banned countries with high bot population from playing on their servers tooā€¦

ā€¦this seems like a bad idea butā€¦ autoban when any suspicious packets are sent lolā€¦

I wouldnā€™t want to restrict a countries access because of a small subset of the population. Not to mention this is easily by-passed with VPNs.

I donā€™t want to comment on the second suggestion, iā€™m not familiar enough with network packets to pretend like this is a good or bad idea or if itā€™s even feasible.

Gold farmer bots would go away if people just stopped buying gold. All there would be left is bots belonging to players.

This is correct. Take away the demand and the supply will go away. But why is the demand there in the first place?

If thereā€™s a demand, why isnā€™t IMC providing it?

Iā€™ve been thinking about this bot issue the whole day. I came to the conclusion that if you can program a captcha, you can also program a captcha buster. Thereā€™s absolutely no easy way to tell over the computer if the action originated from a real flesh player or a bunch of computer codes.

Therefore the only way to fight the bot problem is to fight the incentive to bot. Presumably the main motive of botting is to acquire ingame goods to sell for Real life money. I think the problem isnā€™t that players want to acquire in game good with real life money, but that a method for them to acquire it through the game devs doesnā€™t exist (or is too expensive).

So the solution has to be that IMC provide an official way to RMT, and make it so cheap that itā€™s not worth the botters time / money to bot. At least low enough to exclude the really complex and expensive bot systems.

Edit:

Since Tokens seem to be a subscription substitute, Iā€™m going to suggest that Tokens should be made tradable with silver between players. So IMCā€™s official method of RMT would be:

Buy Token from IMC games ā€”> Sell Token to other players for silver / items

This would set the price floor for RMT and anything less cost effective than this will be competed out.

What do you guys think?

what you said is true it is very easy fix
but what if scripters doesnt know about it they wouldnt do such things
If you were the scripter would you normally put delay everytime you input a string

Anyway just an idea, Iā€™m sure imc has some thing in their pocket

I like the idea, it means it would be possible to get token bonus by playing the game. But in the same time Iā€™m concerned it can impact the token real value, which isnā€™t a good thing for IMC.

As a long time user and (somewhat new) creator of botsā€¦ I can tell you guys there is absolutely no way to stop a bot.

Thereā€™s nothing a player can do that a bot canā€™t.

My favorite is how advanced the big game bots are. WoW/GW2/FFXIV. The AI is amazing and surpasses a majority of normal players. Iā€™d take a bot in my party over normal players in any 3 of those games. Even in raids.

I may or may not (COUGHCOUGHCOUGH) have a FFXIV bot running on my second monitor as I type this. Making crazy gil.

If youā€™ve ever played WoW/GW2/FFXIV I guarantee you that youā€™ve partied with multiple bots for dungeon runs without ever knowing it wasnā€™t a player.

Yes, there is even plugins to allow basic chatting for bots. Including answering those basic math equations you give a player to ā€˜check if itā€™s a botā€™.

Itā€™s much simpler if you log active game time. Active game time defined as time outside town along with movement. Factor in the capabilities of extreme human activity, and you can set thresholds for flagging accounts for possible botting. You donā€™t need to bring down the ban hammer, just have them on the list and it they start appearing on the list constantly, then you have a good starting point to which you can consider banning or possibly applying debuffs (I wouldnā€™t recommend this route as itā€™s not only an easy cash grab, but bots have already found their way past this).

Tokens are tradable on ktos. Theyā€™re often sold in the marketplace.

That is good to know. Thanks for the info.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

This was exactly what I was thinking as I read your post. It would take people expert in behavioral science + computer programming to accomplish. Not an easy task to do, if implemented, it would be a really high end anti-bot system.

Maybe young people here should study / develop it, then commercialize it.

I think youā€™re the idiot one and to be honest, yup, it is hilarious how deep you buried yourself :blush: !

By the way this post was something, thanks for the enlightenment mate, it was truly interesting !

I wonā€™t argue with you. Donā€™t ever reply to me again because you will receive a report, and ToS staff will block me from you.
Have fun

It has about 20k more likes on facebook than tree of savior (100k+). Itā€™s actually a very popular game. Iā€™m surprised when people donā€™t know about it, honestly. I played it a lot.

As you can see.

I think captcha system with 15 minutes to respond is a good way to go. So that itā€™s not intrusive on your gameplay.