Tree of Savior Forum

Boss respawn bugs... Maybe fix this before implementing draconic "anti-monopoly" measures?"

Hi IMC. @hkkim @STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ines

TL;DR for busy folks: How about actually fixing boss respawn bugs before implementing a 8 hr debuff on them? Let me explain below.

Boss respawns work weird, at least here on Fedimian. There are basically several types of bosses if we try to classify them by respawns:

1. Bosses that respawn on timer, more or less. They are Cerberus, Ellaganos, Fire Lord, Mineloader, etc. They usually respawn in 4 hrs, but… they may “skip” their respawn timer, for example - and respawn some 4 hrs later. Or they can simply STOP BLOODY RESPAWNING AT ALL till the next maintenance. It may just happen at some point and you will not see that boss until the next maintenance.

2. Bosses that… well, respawn however they please. Like Archon (rare, but you may still bump into it), Earth Canceril (almost nonexistent, never respawns in time, seems to respawn once in several days AT BEST, I’ve spent quite a lot of time bosshunting, but I’ve only seen him three times during all my time on Fedimian), Marionette (previously respawned on timer, but now it’s somewhere in between Archon and Earth Canceril level or rarity), Necroventer (a bit better then archon level of rarity), etc. Most of those also don’t give any respawn messages making it even worse.

3. Event bosses, like Cubas or Dullahan, that respawn OK.

Are you even aware of this problems, while going to implement those draconic measures?

Because In between the stupid (yeah, it’s stupid, because there are better ways to prevent monopoly, and if your gamedesigners can’t figure em out…) 8 hr debuff and unbearable bugs there wouldn’t be any reason wasting time on bosses at all.

Cuz you go there, you waste even more of your time after you’ve waited for 8 hrs and then it doesn’t even spawn at all. How do you think the player will feel in such situation?

PS. If you ask me, standardizing boss respawns would be a good idea. Make em all ch1, all 4 hrs sharp, all show “soon” and “spawn” messages before going for 8 hr debuff. Or make them all switch channels and locations like crazy, randomize respawn times BUT don’t implement the 8 hr debuff. Harder to find, more unpredictable respawn => less monopoly. Current bosses are not “hard to find”, they are simply broken.

7 Likes

Bumping. 20 characters.

Hello @sttr413 Savior !!

First of all, I would like to say thank you for great suggestion.

We are already in progress to make “anti-monopoly”

by using a debuff as KTOS’s patch.

Thank you for your suggestion and cooperation.

Your faithfully, STAFF_MAX

1 Like

Hope you fix the bugs as well. Thank you.

and what about the normal monster spawn timers? The maps are empty, will this ever change? Preferably like it was in closed beta 2

HI IMC @hkkim @STAFF_Max, the main question was not about that useless draconic “anti monopoly” nobody care about it,

when you fix respawn of world boss?

" Earth Canceril (almost nonexistent, never respawns in time, seems to respawn once in several days AT BEST, I’ve spent quite a lot of time bosshunting, but I’ve only seen him three times during all my time on Fedimian),'©

• I have seen him only at the start of Fedimian server… and that’s all, i have spend many hours (about 40hours) try to find him… but there is no earth Canceril at all, there is no drops on market from him (we can make a conclusion that no one killing him) . No one will compensate me a lot of hours i have lost in useless searching.

what i want, maybe you can every 4 hour give us a some kind of report like
Earth canceril - respawn confirmed (for each world bosses) , if no respawn confirmed make him manually? if 1-2 days respawn goes properly then stop reporting, if it is really bugged - spawn bosses manually until you fix the problem?

PS in that game not so many content but even that content not working properly, and you didnt try to repair what suggest to be,instead you working on some additional stupid limititans of players.

PPS sorry for my english, and sorry for a little rage, but it really dissapoint to spend so many hours for nothing.

Did you even read the post?

Your reply doesn’t even address what is being discussed here.