Tree of Savior Forum

Boruta seal for clerics

Someone knows how this seal works? Does it add 10% dmg to everything or where?

Without Guardian Saint ( all attacks shown are basic attacks ):

With Guardian Saint:

It’s pretty much a +10% boost in final damage.

2196+10% = 2415

Thats really good, thanks

afaik it’s not final damage but +10% additional damage, like a card adds to your total damage output, so it’s really insignificant on a geared character.

how does %10 output increase is insignificant?

1 Like

it’s easy. If you already have 3 cards that boost you damage by 30% and add the Seal with another +10%, your total damage output increases from 130% to 140%.
That’s already down to 7.6% total damage increase.

If you add e.g. a level 11 fully attributed Death Sentence and a Prophecy on top, you’re at +30% from card, +88% from Death Sentence and +30% from Prophecy, in total 248%.
With Boruta Seal, it increases to 258%.

Now you’re down to +4% total damage increase.

The more debuffs/buffs are stacked on the enemy and/or you, the less significant the overall increase of Boruta Seal becomes,since it’s additional to the overall multiplier and not its own multiplier.

Yeah why bother attribute 100 for 88% when attribute 90 is 77% for 50m worth, 11% difference. But why we still 100 it?

Consider the requirement is close to 0 (Guardian Saint can skip animation), extra healing, can be keep in shared storage. Don’t do halfway effort and say only 4%. Not every situation you will have such buff/debuff.

But enemy received extra damage vs self buff damage is same calculation? You made your test?

Because it’s growth. That’s about it. Character growth is possible in this game even with full equipment as long as you have attributes left to level to 100.

If you read my post carefully, I said it’s insignificant. Not that it is useless. It is better on some builds/enemies if you don’t have a high damage boost against them, and significantly worse on others that provide high damage boni.

I made a test about it early on and it behaved that way.

I tested just again on Masked Executioner. my base attack damage without weapon is 744.

With Guardian Saint it increases to 773.

Since I have equipped 3 Unicorn cards, the base damage is already 130% of the original damage since Masked Executioner is a dark property monster.

This means without the Unicorn bonus, my base damage would be 573.
Now, if we calculate 573 * 1.4 (since 3 * Unicorn +Guardian Saint should add up to 140%),
we get 802 damage.

But as you can see, the damage boost only amounts to 773 total damage, which is in fact only +5% additional damage (573 * 1.35 = 773).

For reference, I also tested it on Gazer, just to be sure, since it doesn’t have dark property.

758 is 100% base attack damage without weapon. It is boosted to 796 damage with Guardian Saint on. That’s exactly +5% damage (758 * 1.05 = 796).

I also tested together with Prophecy and Death Sentence and was shocked to find that the complete damage boost of all buffs and debuff together amounted to only +65% additional damage vs Gazer.

The only solution to this is that in HG all damage buff&debuff values are halved.

I tried again, this time on Spions in Nahash Forest.

They are dark property, so I got a base damage of 130% (due to Unicorn cards) which equals to 1045 damage. 100% of that damage (so without Unicorn Bonus) is 804 damage.

If I activate Guardian Saint, I get 1125 damage, which is exactly 1.4 * 804 base damage, so 140%.

This means that the damage bonus of Guardian Saint via Boruta Seal is additional to all other damage multipliers, similar to how cards work now.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.