Tree of Savior Forum

Boruta - out of touch with the community

This statements made about Boruta and its success or relative functionality are disingenuous. To suggest IMC has been trying hard and been ‘relatively successful’ in providing ‘a stable environment for large-scale PVP’ is way off the mark. IMC has been fighting an uphill battle to improve server and client stability since 2016. While we may have gone from an unstable 5-15FPS to an unstable 30-100FPS in town, this improvement doesn’t hold up in Boruta. It is right back to unstable 5-15FPS and that isn’t even the largest concern regarding the content.

Another statement was made earlier in the same Popolion Post regarding Boruta. “GVG raid has been altered…to prevent… as much as possible, the larger guilds from monopolizing the content.” They go on to say “new Seal equipment will also be available through features that will be added later on.”

In the meantime, everyone can just suffer I suppose as there is no way to obtain them if you are not willing to buy from the guild that has held rank 1 for 10 weeks straight. ‘This will be addressed eventually’ is not a good answer to people who are suffering now. Letting substantial changes take the already 10 weeks plus the 6 or so weeks we are behind Ktos means a minimum of 4 months from the time Boruta landed to seeing what might, and probably won’t be an adequate fix.

pulltheeplug2

Removing contribution from PvP doesn’t incentivize PVP which is an already failed part of Boruta. Only thing that changes is Rank 2/3 can’t afk anymore; they might actually have to pay Rank 1 for a chance to whack the dragon once or twice.

IMC since you claim to be listening and receptive- the forums have spoken without end since week 1 about how it was a ‘private instance.’ Nothing has changed and nothing is going to change. Rework the content from the ground up or scrap it as it is not achieving any of its goals; gvg, pvp, rewarding for individuals (within x% of contributors). Do not waste half of your 2019 resources/time trying to fix this when you could put it towards new and better content.

~Azura Skyy

I believe Boruta in general is just a huge sandbox experiment for player & monster interactive gameplay.

Neither was Boruta directly designed to be challenging (he’s basically a big sponge) nor were the rewards designed in a way that they would be beneficial on their own (i.e. you need to gather Magic Stones and old accessories to craft the new 380 legendary accessories & “safely” upgrade the Class tree specific Boruta Seals).

I just hope that whatever data IMC is collecting via Boruta will help to create better content from Episode 11 onward, when the games difficulty is supposed to increase a lot more.

i wish they can prevent the mindset where guild members from moving to a stronger guild because of it…

it just doesn’t feel right when members leave the guild because of it…

2 Likes

“individual rewards extended to 1000 players”

When? Is that even a thing in kToS?

Or just wait for rank 1 guild getting bored of having to do all the job themselves because as it is it’s a PitA…

The guild afk’ing for rank 3 could not outdamage Boruta’s HP Regen.

when a lancer one shots you with a +11 spear on you full plate +11 velco set trans 10 you know theres no balance on pvp, when you get CC for 9 seconds and if you somehow survive you just get cc again another 9 seconds you know theres no balance, when a Mage not a warrior ( who is suposed to be a tank ) tanks 10 ppl you know theres no balance cc should last 9 secs they are korean they play the ■■■■ out of league of legends, dota, overwatch, they know how to make a game competitive, but they seem to think that giving CC abilities low cd and huge duration is the way to go

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.