Tree of Savior Forum

Boosters P2W or not?

#Boosters p2w or not

^title your thoughts?

since its obviously is giving advantage to leveling. and some of this boosters are drop rate increase.

im on grey area. so begin!

be mindful as to provide a TLDR in your wall of texts.

1 Like

Boosters, like exp boosters and drop rate boosters, are definitely skirting the edge of the p2w line. I think the most effective and least detrimental way to handle a cash shop for a game like this is only include a vast amount of cosmetic items (hairstyles, dyes, outfits, pets, etc) and convenience items (inventory slots, bank slots, character slots, etc).

Almost every game I have played has these boosters so I’m used to it. Easy money for devs as well. Devs can limit the p2w aspect by making these boosters have a long CD with acceptable effect (e.g 50% exp boost for 1h, 8h CD)

1 Like

These are some of my thoughts on boosters and P2W.

Really liking the forum features btw, makes posting very convenient.

Seriously? Do we really need another topic about P2W and cash shop items? I feel like I’ve been reading a broken record lately and it’s just sad.

4 Likes

Well you can’t blame them, there have been no new info about the game at all and it’s not like there are many better things to discuss… :sweat:

It can’t be quite as p2w if you’re too lazy to actually gain any exp at all.
Many people seem to look for many reasons to consider stuff p2w, I do understand how the concept of your work can feel getting undermined by somebody elses credit card but if you’re really so invested in the game I would expect to fork a little bit of money over for the convenience stuff. The developers will need money naturally!

It’s just sad when payment becomes the obstacle in theorycrafting cause players could then try mathing around the paywalls, and eventually will reach a point where they get too frustrated at some mechanics and give up. A lot of these players will probably maintain wikis and contribute a lot to gameplay guides, you don’t have these and you may create a revolving door f2p community. Those aren’t fun. I really hate seeing good players quit f2p games for stupid reasons like that.

after I watched noxiousGLHF’s video for hearthstone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK9NfAyoi4g
I feel like its not directly pay to win, its just pay to accelerate, which brings you just faster to end level, but it doesnt mean you have to pay to win at the game.

I am still not a big fan of boosters, but there will be always people who are faster than me leveling, just because of freetime, so booster will make no difference for me, but help imc. So I would be okay with it, even I would like to see it not.

also as we know: the path is the goal

what is more important for me, cosmetic skins that doesnt destroy the atmosphere as I loved black desert for the atmosphere, then they started the cosmetic skins and destroyed the whole wanting playing it. just don’t care anymore about it.

that wont also stop till the game is out, because most people are too lazy to scroll or feel that the question wasnt answered in a specific thread, also for me, I am nearly clicking 90% of new threads away, because they are actually just nothing else than talking about stuff we dont know yet.

P2Wing XD

When is too much cosmetic!?

^ :grin:?

3 Likes

No, definitely not p2w, depending on the booster.

EXP booster, is just progress. People have work and real life, so exp boosters keep them caught out with the larger crowd. The hardcore group… well they were going to be ahead anyway.

Gold booster. That’s literal pay 2 win. You pay to earn more currency in-game at a faster rate.

Drop rate booster, similar to gold booster, but it feels less p2w? Either way, not needed. That’s not really pay to progress faster as you can earn money selling drops and indirectly pay to earn gold at a faster rate.

2 Likes

I hope there won’t be any “wings” in ToS. Honestly they just look ridiculous :weary: . And if you can flap your wings around then why bother saving those angels when you can just ditch them and be their replacement instead :smirk:

There are wings! But you wear them on your head :smile:

Seems legit to me. >_<

1 Like

Ah…booster… I debated a lot about this thing on the other forum, so I’m too lazy to say it all here again.
In short, I’m lazy and exp/drop booster is P2L (Pay to Lazy), not P2W.

1 Like

THe amount stupidity on all this p2w discussion is too damn high. Seriously you people should realize that not everyone are NEET like you, not everyone can play 12 hours a day, Why can’t you people understand that there are people who are legitimately working and need those cash shop items.

6 Likes

What Kiyoshiro meant is the amount of similar threads in this forum is too damn high.
Gaming setups + ToS machines, No IP block threads, P2W threads, and so on.

Someone already explaind about boosters in another place.
Exp boosters aren’t p2w as long as it has long cooldown - maybe 24 hours. This booster is for those people who can’t play 24 hours everyday, so they will use it once in a while, per day.
Drop boosters are said to be p2w. People will keep killing those bosses and get higher chance for rare quality drops. Stat boosters are absolute p2w.

Then how are people with a life supposed to get equipments on par with people who has no life?

5 Likes

I haven’t found the best solution yet. But there is always another way. Join a strong PvE guild or group, party with them, conquear bosses, collect your equipments or probably there are some people who kindly give their unused but quality equipments.
We are actually worried about those people who have both the time and the money, the best abuser of p2w concept.

Join a guild, Join a party what? Obviously the suggestions on this forum are heavily biasedtoward people who has all the time little to no money to contribute to the game.

1 Like

there is no way to stop those that have lots of time and money from getting more out of the game than those who don’t. >_< Good on them I say. You get out what you put in.

Urm… P.S. I have more money than time, I am literally banking on the hope that IMC will have cash systems inplace to help me not be penalised for having a life. But I’m not sure what you are hoping for.