Tree of Savior Forum

💣 Shinobi Skills suggestions 💣

and i think there more like 80’s movie ninjas. no magic, just gunpowder.

1 Like

Aphonia reference directly comes from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance ‘Assasin’ class in flavor text is suppose to attack a target’s vocal cords thus inflicting silence.

Not to sound too much like an ■■■■■■■, but is your plan to constantly post things you would like in a class based off things from anime or some game you like and then maybe put some slightly researched data until they notice you one of these days?
I mean, it was enjoyable and kind of endearing at the begining, but nowadays it really gets worrysome when you make a topic for
 this.
Just save your best efforts to when they have all 80 classes implemented and if they put up a contest for new classes as they most likely already have the base concepts for all of them and their skills done already.

@Gunnr besides it being mentioned that Rogues have Lachrymator, Mijin no Jutsu has an atribute that makes the user enter the ‘‘Stealth’’ status after using it. No idea if it’s already implemented tho.

Shinobi should be archer’s hidden class.
It would fit them more, especialy if someone want to make some ninja-like class with punji traps, scatter caltrops and cloaking. Imc make this happen please!

@Jariu

thats not really the best time to suggest implementation of fancy skills. you need to influence developers design as early as possible before they take any stance and stand to stick on.

IMC has probably worked on the 80+ classes planned their launched for years ahead they are just tweaking stuff right now. thats the best time to give ideas as their trying to think of one.

If there are new player made classes it would be 3+ years from launch date to gain back hype for the game, like an anniversary event. It took 6+ years for IMC to held and make player designed character contest in GE(japan).

The best player content IMC would offer are player contest are costumes and weapon design as they have been annually doing for their publishers mostly in SEA and Japan servers.

I’d say that things may get diferent for ToS givent he fact that they are publishing it themselves in most of the world, the whole KToS situation right now it’s obviously a contract thing that happened with Nexon after all.
And if it takes that much time it’s for a goddamn reason so so be it, making an MMO takes AT LEAST five years, they probably have saved ideas in folders for a while, anime/manga is clearly pretty far away from their sources of insíration if you ask me, a few missinterpretations here and htere sure, but still.

1 year after LoL’s success

pink hair swordwoman on the year of ff13 launch

multi weapon swordsman during a new ff13versus trailer

sword and pistol soldier girl during the year of bayonetta launch

5+ years after launch finally maid character

year of bioshock infinite launch

also some Assasin Creed stuff

litterally STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT costume

last year has a goth-loli with scythe(spear weapon in GE)

#IMC likes to give Fans what the Fad was within year or following year.

ther are literally more new Male characters (handsome not manly) than Female ones in the recent updates probably because of more fujoshi/fudanshi (yaoi fans) demographics. before there were just female after new female loli/fanservice character.

Literally two of those examples can be trown into ‘‘from us for the fans’’ (one of which due to the lack of a timestamp) while the rest is ‘‘clever marketing if sometimes a little on the late end of things’’, as you said, what the fad is/was while it lasts so it helps keeping the money flowing so the game keeps runing.

look your bored and im bored waiting for ToS. ill be making these threads for weeks to come until it launches since were both going to be no lifers in game during those time. until then i will irritate @STAFF_John with multiple flags on unrelated remarks.

my next thread will probably be Matador or a multi-class classes example: Hackapell to be allowable class progression for both swordsmen and archers. Same as Taoist Priest/Daoshi for both Clerics and Wizards as allowable class progression.

If your suggestion is accepted, I’ll be damned if Templar also ended up as a multi-class progression because most Templar users are complaining about how underwhelming it is.

I would oppose it though. I am one of the adamant users who agree with Templars being exclusively Melee. but maybe i have some little lee way for it be accessible to clerics as Templars were historically also a religious organization.

My reasoning with Hackapell is that

Its a pistol and sword focus class, a swordsman base will use 1H sword/1H spear/mace + pistol while a archer base will be a xbow + dagger as originally designed. Hackapell skills would be another or weaker Schwarz Reiter 2.0.

Now for Taoist Priest/Daoshi is a religious based class on Taoism. Surely all religious based classes are under the Cleric Tree. but strangely Daoshi are in the Wizard Tree. So i was thinking why not the 2 base classes share it instead.

You have a fair point. I admit I was also surprised that Taoist is placed under Cleric class.

However, IMC already have their own idea about each class. They won’t fully make each class to be the exact same as reality. In real life, Hackapell may use sword and pistol. But in ToS, they don’t really have to make it like that.

With your logic, Paladin should’ve been a Swordsman class too based on this

Despite the fact Paladin uses a sword in real life, Paladin is not treated as a Swordsman here.
Paladin is a Cleric in ToS.

With your logic too, Scwharze Reiter should’ve been available as a Swordsman

They use both pistol and sword.
But just because they can also use a sword, that doesn’t mean they are pure swordsman.
That’s why IMC put them at Archer branch.

I appreciate your suggestion and the logic behind it.
However, just because Taoist is a religious based class, that doesn’t necessarily make them a Cleric.

You can also look at Bokor

Bokor is not a Wizard despite this fact :
“A bokor is a Vodou sorcerer for hire who are said to serve the loa ‘with both hands’, practicing for both good and evil.[1] Their black magic includes the creation of zombies”
What is a sorcerer doing in a Cleric class? But it’s there in ToS and I can’t complain about it because that’s the way IMC have designed the distribution of the class.

Just don’t tell me you also want to make Bokor available for Wizard, Paladin-Reiter for Swordsman.

With all respect, even though you have explained that IMC is a good developer who listen to their community suggestion, I don’t think they will implement this. But of course, I still appreciate your ideas. I know you have a good intention. :smile:

why not, before we have a very limited class progression since the untaken classes will be lockedout. IMC manages to loosen the grip with the class progression that we now have.

Fair point, but I’m sure they know what they are doing when they decide that.
In fact, most players, maybe all players are happy with that change.
And it actually makes sense if we think about it.

As long as you are playing a Swordsman, you can take all Swordsman class you want in any rank.

Not as long as Paladin has relation with Swordsman, Swordsman have to be a Paladin.

With that multi-class suggestion, I don’t think Tree of Savior will be Tree of Savior anymore.
Tree of Savior will become Eden Eternal 2 instead.

But of course, if they think that idea can work with most players, they may implement it in the future.
So far, I can see only you are the only one who support the idea (because it’s your idea in the first place).

They could limit the skills for example a swordsman paladin is only by name but not by skill to a cleric paladin. This is a lazy/efficient (depending on mindset) to recycle a ‘new’ class with the same name and costume but slightly different skill set and playstyle.

seriously one of the best costumes in game belong to the paladin but it really sucks as a cleric.

First of all, I’m sorry that the conversation ended up far off-topic from your original post about Shinobi skills suggestion. I just want to give you an understanding and insight (considering I’m a developer myself).

I can explain all day about how good Paladin is especially for those who haven’t played it at all, but that will be way far off-topic so I won’t bother.

A developer can do everything to their game. But the question is, whether all the things they want to implement have “direction” and “vision” for the game or not, and will be loved by a lot of players or not.

As a player and a part of community, we can throw any suggestions at them. But, they won’t mindlessly taking everything in and implement them. Even if those are positive suggestions we are throwing at them, if they think those suggestions won’t work for their game and their fans, they won’t implement it.

They are experienced professionals who want to make a game for a lot of people, not for a few individuals or one person. Just because a few players thought “Oh! I think this will work! I think they must implement this!” doesn’t mean the developer will implement it. I’m very sorry if I sound rude, but this is my honest opinion about your suggestion. You can keep your suggestions about multi-class progress because it’s your rights to do so.

Who really knows? If a lot of people actually agree with your suggestion, then it might work and the developer will consider it. But as for me, I disagree. And if they actually implement it, that won’t change the fact that I will still keep playing this game. :smile:

This would be my last reply. Sorry for disturbing this thread. :confused:

Dude it isn’t a @Karjalainen thread unless it gets super derailed lol, don’t worry about it.
The problem with cross class progression is that while you could say they could make diferent skills depending on the class tree you get it from it goes against the main desing philosify IMC has for this game: Create your own unique role based off your archetype of choosing and the options it has.
If there where shared classes a good chunk of said uniqueness would be lost no matter how much you change its skills, it’s just how it is.

ALSO, for you two and everyone that goes ‘‘Religion related classes shouls all be in Cleric and Taoist has nothing to do with Wizard’’, this is you people not paying attention the the worldbuilding of the game.
When you have the time and access to the ame do yourself a favor and go to the Pyromancer Master’s house/office/whatever in Klaipeda and read the books there, it’s the earlier point where you can read about the fact that all magic in ToS is based off the blessings of the goddesses. Basically Wizards use them just as much as Clerics, just in a diferent way.

comment of the year right there

I dont mind derailing threads infact i am notorious for derailing threads.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.