Tree of Savior Forum

Bokor Advice Mega Thread

Thank you! 20character

@Sixaxis Can you give me a opinion with my bokor part?~~

Bokor C2: I know there is 4 points left, but the Zombies from 5 to 9 don’t do much, and that 4 point are going in Damballa when hit Bokor C3 (or effigy, but Damballa look like more usefull to rush).

Bokor C3: a question, with divine might Damballa will affect 18 zombies? Think about that is what caused this Zombification 15.

Samediveve is awesome, well for me that played a Cataphract the movespeed is lovelly, but Bokor have so much to grab.

Oracle C1: not the best choice of course, I tried playing Diev C1 > Bokor C3 (Effigy + Zemyna did marvelous) but how can I say, without Carve owl Dievdirby look a miss hmm… And I’m going to Kabbalist and Ein Sof make Zemyna lackluster in end game, + my only huge cd come from Oracle C1, if I get Diev the Oracle don’t ever exist.

Kabbalist C1: PD is so wew, a to good class, but I want to give a chance to the Kabbalist child (if the rank 8 hits and there is none more to they, Ein Sof by itself is worth).

I’m think to make something close to 4:1 Int Con (SP potions make the trick and seriously, what I’m gonna do with SPR when I get Ein Sof?

PS: I saw you in so much threads, nd one of them made me change from diev>druid to bokor.
PSs: My english is to far from perfect, good luck with it D:

Sure. \o

• Cleric C1 - C2

• You should move 1 point from Cure for Safety Zone-- I prefer Safety being no lower than Lv5.

• Cure: -1 points
    • Safety Zone: +1 points
  • Bokor C1

• This is fine.

• Bokor C2

• Other than the 7 unused points until Bokor C3, this is fine.

• Bokor C3

• Zombify doesn’t need all those points into it, even with the Damballa Lv5 + Divine Might play. At most, have it at Lv11. Preferably Lv10 (15 Zombies with Zombify C2 attribute + your Divine Might). The Zombie explosions from Damballa have a chance to spawn a new Zombie in its place, so you’ll still very likely hit that 18-target limit for the first Damballa use (Maybe not 18-hits for the Damballa explosions afterwards). Soooo:

• Zombify: -5 points
    • Samediveve: +5 points
    • OR
    • Zombify: -4 points
    • Hexing: +4 points
  • Oracle

• Should place 1 point into Arcane Energy. It’s not notably useful, but, doesn’t hurt to have it at least Lv1.

• Change or Prophecy: -1 points
    • Arcane Energy: +1 points
  • Kabbalist

• You have 6 points remaining for this Circle-- not going to place 1 point into those level skills? They’re slightly useful when used on a Boss monster that has a higher level than party members, which will lessen the level-penalty.

Yes, it will.

SPR is used mainly to make your leveling experience easier. It’s fine if you don’t want to get any SPR, but you’ll find yourself hitting near 0 SP often even with SP pots.

Glad you’re interested in Bokor. Welcome to the club! \o/

A little off-topic of course, but about the kabbalist C1, there is a lot of problems with the math skills that I want to understand eventually.

Like where Gematria or Notarikon is better (actually you don’t need both, but I want to think about). The leveling of them and Reduce Level have the old problem about “what exactly one more level do”, Gematria and Notarikon make they sound like a overheat skill like level = uses (I don’t think it is the case), Reduce level have a +1 level per level reduced after the calc or what.
I’m readind that wonderful Kabbalist thread, but this questions remaing,

Btw there is only 4 unused, about the extra points from Zombify, well:

• Hexing with +4 AOE is a little overboard in the most situations, but in dungeons will be awesome, after all Bokor is my main source of damage.

• Samediveve has a problem, the same case of Arcane Energy, they WILL use a buff slot (a problem only in dungeons and party grind)
    Arcane Energy really make me think why, even in 5+ don’t regen the sp only increase the max SP, well yeah this can be used with Ein Sof for that low mana poll class, but that is in the case of a High level Arcane Energy, what will +3% do? (I still reben the STA buff). If you can explain or show me something I missed, I will be really gratefull.
    Samediveve is good, even for this +4 move, but again the slot problem.

Two interesting options in Bokor and one confusing for Oracle (a shame that I did’t found a good thread to this forgotten thing).

PS: I didn’t expect a reply so fast haha.

This differs from target to target since Gematria could give you the number 2 while Notarikon could give you the number 9, but it doesn’t matter much since it only lasts for a little bit with a long cooldown and would be used on Boss monsters only to lower them towards your party members levels for a bit. The more levels you have in Gema/Nota, the more targets you can (potentially) hit with it. However, the AoE range for this is terrible even if it was worth using on regular monsters.

And yeah, Reduce Level additional kicks in after you do the Gema/Nota skill on them.

Yeah, I was referring to the 7 unused while you were still Bokor C2. And yes, more AoE ratio for dungeons is an even better thing for you since you don’t have the benefit of Pandemic.

Not an issue. Did every dungeon except Earth Tower and max buff slots aren’t really a problem even without Daino for you. You get 7 slots, and 8 with the Cleric Attribute. If in some rare situation you’re able to get 9 or higher, simply right-click the unimportant buffs on your buff bar to get rid of them.

It really doesn’t do much for you to be honest, other than letting you run longer without the need of a Tree Root crystal. A Monk may appreciate it though. I only suggested 1 point into just for the sake of having it, and because -1 point from Change or Prophecy is unnoticeable.

Remember that if you get Samediveve, it has to be at least Lvl 5. Any less isn’t really worth it.

Oracle is more of a ‘gimmick’ class than it is a battle one (Except for PvP-- it’s pretty good for PvP). The only battle use I’ve seen for Oracle in PvE is that Paladin Zoo build in the Cleric section.

Somehow I have luck:
https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/class-i-foresee-an-oracle-thread

And now we have some information. Seriously I didn’t know that Counter Spell actually can do it, Oracle can be a alternative to Diev C2’s Divine Tree, less powerful but a possible choice.

Some changes, only posting for other people reference (if they want haha)

Still sad that one left point in Oracle, Arcane Energy and Change 2 are unappelling, I will leave this point alone, someday IMC can give a nice attibute to AE that don’t have a use only to PD, but a party with one can make me put a point there someday.

Sidenote: Bokor’s Zombies look like the natural enemy of Counter Spell, anyway, after Damballa or with cautious positioning maybe will do.

And thanks for the explanation about buff cap, I already knew that “dispelling-rightclick” function, but for somereason I’m expecting to a buff above the cap to overwrite another one err.
When I talked about a +4 move in samediveve its about lvl 5 player half effect. Missleading.

And wait, maybe Counter Spell can block Mackangdal cumulative damage afterall it block even dot damage from PD incineration, but Mackangdal is your own damage, proved by the strange interaction with Revegend Sevelfold. Hum…

There are literally about a thousand posts to read between the separate Bokor threads, and I could only be bothered to read about 200 of them before giving up (in @Sixaxis’ Bokor thread) , so I apologize if these questions have been answered before!

Here are a few questions I have regarding Bwa:

• As it is a physical damage skill, can the damage dealt crit?

• Is the source of the damage from the player or the zombie that triggered the hit? (i.e. a high STR value does impact the base damage for Bwa but would a high INT value + Ogo, giving the zombies more STR, scale better for total damage rather than just sinking points into STR? If the zombie has no bearing on the damage or calculation, and only acts as the skill’s area of effect for delivery, then this sub question kind of answers itself lol)

• Does zombie type (i.e. larger types via attributes) have any bearing on Bwa damage?

Do enemies impacted by Hexing create zombies upon death when ran over with Bwa? I guess this relates back to the source of the damage being via the zombie or the player, as an enemy under Hexing that is killed by a zombie AA creates another zombie, but, still worth asking xD

• If the character has increased move speed beyond that of the zombies (i.e. Chrono haste that hit the player but the zombies were out of range) will the zombies still catch up and match the player’s speed if they use Bwa, or will they fall back and be outran?

• Does each zombie that runs over a target apply damage or is this restricted by an interval limit and, if so, what is that interval? (i.e. if an enemy is standing still and you run 18 zombies through them, will all 18 hit, or will there be a limiting tick that only applies every .X of a second causing, say, only 10 of the 18 to register?)

I’m sure I’ll think of more later but this should be a good start! lol thank you!

I think that only the last one already been answered.

Bwa Kayiman function like a “one huge aoe that take a time to tick again (each enemy hit has a independent delay between each hit), even if more than one zombie pass through”

Hope that you will understand D:

1 Like

Thank you! One down more to go lol That helps though because it dashes the thought of running one giant train around a single boss (situation permitting) to get some nice numbers popping

Yes.

The source of the damage comes from the physical damage of your character. Zombies currently make no difference in the damage dealt with Bwa in our version, but in kToS, they do. Who knows when that will come here though.

Nope.

Nope, has to be directly by a Zombie AA.

They’ll stay caught up with you.

Restricted by an interval limit of 1s per hit. So even 4 Zombies touching the same enemy will still only apply 1 hit per second.

Feel free to! \o We can never have enough Zombie Summoners.

Never. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

1 Like

Hmm. It sounds like it is very difficult to make a zombie Bokor viable based on these answers lol

I’m curious though; what was the KTOS change to Bokor in relation to the zombie Bwa calculation? And, in KTOS, would you happen to know if the interval is different (or if it can be lowered) or is it also stuck at 1 tick per second? Man that’s rough as it stands lol

1tick per second is sufficient enough, since they take ~1second to get up from bwa’s knockdown

I believe bwa is just for the close to perma-CC, you can count on damballa if you need any dps tho

That’s for C2 though. C3 Zombie Bokor is more viable. Once the Damballa issues are fixed, it’ll have both the highest and most consistent DPS in the entire Cleric tree. Bwa Kayiman, in an INT build, is only for CC and not DPS. If you were to make a Physical Bokor, you’d usually stop at C2 and then pick up Monk or Paladin.

Their attack is applied to Bwa Kayiman’s damage. Also no, the interval stays the same.

Hi guys new bokor here and i need some advice.
I didn’t go for the usual zombie bokor builds but so far I’m liking it and I am looking forward to getting it in rank7 since that would be the time my build will shine with hexing + pandemic also with incinerate however I’m placed with a dilemma on what should i get for rank 6.

First here’s what I’m planning to aim for.

Ok as you can see the rank 6 on the skill simulator i linked is bokor 3, the dilemma is whether sticking with bokor 3 better than going diev 2 or pardoner.

The things that are weighing on my mind on what to get on rank 6

1.) As a pardoner, i get to extend my incinerate damage and hex debuff time, as for the hex i can just recast it so going pardoner is mostly to extend incinerate debuff for more damage and I’m not sure if that would do more damage compared to the other 2 and also I’m not sure if Indulgentia is a good damage filler skill for the cost of 500 silver per cast.

2.) As a diev 2, i get to have an owl which I’m not sure if it will contribute more damage because for the fact that the owls can be knocked back and can be useless that I am questioning whether to go diev2 because as you can already tell, I’m weighing heavily on the damage for the choices but still this is +1 damage skill for me as you can see in my build I do not have a lot of damage skills.

Also going diev 2 will help with my sp pool recovery/consumption because of the additional 5 levels of Statue of Goddess Zemyna which will help when casting effigy but I am not weighing on this too much because i can just use pots lets just say its an added bonus plus i get to have Carve World Tree which i can be useful in some cases

3.) As bokor 3, okay by now you can tell that i just went for bokor 3 just for the max hexing and effigy, also the added movespeed from samediveve is great.

You can say I’m a hardcore gamer and a perfectionist that is seeking advice with what I’m planning, I’m also more of a pve player that is why I made my bokor full int and with the dilemmas I listed above i’m not sure which of those would most likely give out more damage and make my bokor more fun to play.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Emb - Varena Server

Noooooo!! We almost had this thread killed off and all Bokor traffic moved to the [Class] one, and now it’s revived again. Curse you Necrohioventor! ):<

So Rank 6 is currently a filler Rank for choices between Pardoner, Diev 2, and Bokor 3 correct? Since you’re using this for PvE, we can cut Diev 2 out right now for the following reasons:

• Statue of Goddess Zemnya won’t do you much good even at Lv10 on anything except Boss fights, since you have to stay within range of the statue to keep the -SP cost benefit.

• Statue of Goddess Laima won’t do you much good since Hexing already has a low cooldown (10s) with a longer debuff duration, and Effigy has no cooldown at all.

• Carve Attack is physical damage. It can still put out some DPS with a Mace equipped, but it won’t be impressive and Effigy overshadows it.

• Carve World Tree is nice. But Bwa Kayiman is nicer, has practically 100% uptime, and in dungeons allows you to lure and CC an entire room with constant knockdown. Between the 2, you’d be using Bwa far more often.

That leaves us with Carve Owl, which is a great skill, but only on immobile targets-- which is mainly Bosses. The downside to this is when they’re pushed back by Boss AoE’s, but they’re useful when that doesn’t happen. They could be used for damaging large groups of mobs in dungeons, but you’ll usually be in and out of the area that you place them at in under a minute.

With Diev C2 cut out, Diev C1 will definitely follow since the only notable skills were in C2. So you have 1 extra Rank free.

That leaves you with Pardoner, pretty much for just Discerning Evil, and Bokor C3.

• Cleric C1 - C2

• Safety Zone should be set at Lv5, even with the Block Count attribute. You can move 2 points out of Cure to accomplish this.

• Cure: -2 points
    • Safety Zone: +2 points
  • Bokor C1 - C3

• Hexing doesn’t need to be leveled past Lv10, as it’s unnecessary because only the AoE Ratio (Targets) will be increased-- not the range. So it can be lowered to Lv10, and those extra 5 points can be used for Zombify/Damballa.

• Hexing: -5 points
    • Zombify: +3 points
    • Damballa: +2 points
  • Plague Doctor

• Beak Mask isn’t necessary as you won’t be in the front of your party at close-range of monsters often so you won’t be getting hit by dangerous debuffs often. Recommended that Healing Factor is Lv3 minimum, so that point from Beak Mask can go there.

• Beak Mask: -1 points
    • Healing Factor: +1 points

With your extra rank after removing Diev C1, you could go for Krivis (Early on, before or after Bokor C1), Druid, Pardoner, or Oracle (Oracle being used for the gimmicky monster interaction spells and Prophecy / Counter Spell).

Counter spell (oracle c1 skill) can block accumulated (mackangdal)* dmg like safery zone?

Are you asking about Mackangdal?~~

Yes sorry I forgot to say =p

I asked it in the Oracle thread 16 days ago, and I almost sure that no one test it yet :"D

I will ask there again, lets pray D:

hmmmm i am curious about the new patch on the bokor zombie capsules.
so will those zombies last longer now? or better still ,not die till they are killed by monsters/players(pvp)
as in they wont die off from self hp reduction like before?
(sorry i dont play a bokor,heard that zombies will die off once their hp expires as it decreases over time)

or is it just a “early zombie summon” thingy so that u can at least have some zombies to use