Tree of Savior Forum

Beyond the tooltips: Mechanics of skills

#Introduction
This guide details the hidden mechanics or the use of skills beyond what the tool tip describes.

Mostly archer stuff because I’ve been playing archer the longest, but other classes are from experiments with friends.

About me: I’ve been playing TOS for 2 years since KCBT3, my entire playtime since the beginning was me testing skill interaction and finding the mechanics behind everything.

More experiments here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15LKtwWQbTGxiYDoYSBc6Ve5q7rxatF0AGJqoEl4UGCk/edit#gid=0

#Archer
Multi Shot is affected by AOE ATK Ratio. It can hit multiple enemies at the same time if your AOE ATK ratio is high enough.

Heavy Shot’s knock back can interrupt an enemy’s casting animation (not to be confused with cast bar) and put their skills on cool down.

Using Feint (Rogue skill) before Barrage will double barrage damage.

Deplay Pavice can block floating magic like Magic Missle, Joint Penalty, etc.

Deploy Pavice has a knockdown effect that can be used to knock people out of Safety Zone.

Scatter Caltrops Can be used to proc enemy heal tiles.

Conceal can be used to hide Dievdirby statues and Sorceror summons.

Rush Dog can bypass immunity buffs such as Ausrine and Safety Zone.

Cloaking can avoid Psychokino’s Raise.

Circling will let single target skills like Snipe and Multi Shot hit multiple enemies.

Jincan Gu can be proc’d off enemy traps such as caltrops (PVP) or boss traps.

Using Flu Flu on a monster and then cloaking will make them attack each other.

Captured magic traps will scale off your physical damage.

Captured Cure from clerics or scrolls can deal critical hits.

Camouflage will block ALL physical attacks, including Energy Blast. It will block Revenge Sevenfold if you autoattack inside the barrel.

Hanging Shot can go into Scout’s Camouflage barrel while flying if you time it correctly.
http://imgur.com/J5kTMTu

Cannon Blast has enough AOE to wipe Warlocks’ Dark Theurge.

Cannoneer attacks are considered Missle AND Pierce so it will get bonuses from Spear Lunge.

#Cleric

Sadhu’s Out of Body spirit can proc traps and count for hits for skills like Punji Stake and Zaibas.

Turn Undead works on Necromancer summons.

Decatose’s instant kill can be spread by Breaking Wheel.
Counterspell will negate ALL magic including hits from Sadhu and Dievdirby Owl Statues.

You can mount Merkabah and ride over traps without getting hit.

#Wizard
Back Masking can revive players in Team Battle League, including allies and enemies.

Reincarnation can bring back world bosses if you time it right after.

(I got lazy and stopped halfway)

6 Likes

Quality post for those of us who dont know it all.

Excuse me, can you check the number of targets hit by electrocute (elementalist). I’m pretty sure the tooltip is wrong.

am a little disappointed on how Capture works…

tooltip is kind of misleading…

but that’s common on this game :pensive:

thanks for info TC