Tree of Savior Forum

Beta Leveling - The Complete Guide or, "How I learned to stop worrying and love the grind"

Your guide teaches nothing but how to conform to grinding, it’s basically like a religion, mostly in the not good part.

They are already creating game guides and I still do not have a key.

be happy lographa1 lol one some of the things we had to deal with were just terrible.

1 Like

you are right. now I just have to deal with it and wait for the release or new keys to the game
1 Like

The guide is interesting, i didnt noticed the +5 levels thing tbh, but hell i was having fun playing and finding bugs so that doesnt matter much anyway, i do agree, yesterday when i finaly got a friend to play with me (after her work was all done), we have a blast, she was enchanted with the game graphics (i think all of us are lol) and explored a bit of the level 45-90 areas (me at 38 and she at 33).

One thing that i did miss (and discovered yesterday because of her curiosity) is that in the mine city there are 2 dailies in 2 npcs there, one you can do 5 times and the other you can do 10 times, if im not wrong they give 2 or 3 exp cards, and tbh, even at level 35 (when i started with her yesterday) i got a level and almost 2 class levels at the end of it, and she got up to level 20 before we started the mines quest lines.

And as you just said, solo and doing different things will distract you from the boring long grinding, but if you have a friend with you (even if its just 2) you can have some hours of fun without getting bored.

Well, most of this might change on the next beta, we have to wait and see.

This guide is very general and can be applied to anything with grinding in it really. It has a few tips for ToS specifically (weapon weaknessess, enemies over level 5, using lowest level pots to gauge good spots), but most of it is applicable anywhere. Even if ToS changes a lot before release, the general approach to grinding will hopefully help a few people. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh but i meant on the ToS related mechanics, but yeah, its applicable to any grinding-type game.

So, you were playing swordsman. Your atacks did aoe damage like a wiz, hitting double what the archer hitted. Nice. My friend got circle 3 in his first day too and got a higher level than you, ended barbarian 65.
While i’m not here to blame you, and your guide is really nice (hope a lot of people reads this, honestly), swords is much easier than any other class to level now, and thats a big point (actually linkers gets competitive).

I think Archers have a huge advantage in grinding with Kneeling Shot. If you find a good leveling spot you don’t even need potions and you kill quicker than anyone. Of course they have to be stab weak, or otherwise weak enough that you kill them quick.

I personally found most classes do around the same damage with similar gear against mobs they are good at. Cleric lightning rune thing kills everything way faster than I ever could, unless the mob is lightning element. I didn’t play with too many wiz so I can’t speak to them but I’m sure with the right gear and on the right mob they would level pretty fast.

The hard one is weird builds that stat against their skills for later classes, like monk. Also builds that are full support or full tank are hard to level.

Good guide. Too bad you seem to have missed a good part of grinding in party. Because I think this is one of the most important thing in ToS. Everytime I saw someone coming where I was grinding, I would just invite him. I once spent 6 straight hours with the same party grinding and questing later (went from 44 to 54). We had a lot of fun and it is a more relaxed way to grind because you don’t need to maximize everything you do since there is a limit to how fast monsters will appear in a spot. You can also allow yourself some down time without really losing efficiency.

Archers don’t have a huge advantage. Archers are single target. Do half your damage because they have penalty against almost everyone, and can’t change weapon class or damage element. Archers have slower atack speed, spend more sp and aoe skills splits damage. Also, archers skills have huge casting time (the only exception is barrage from Ranger). It feels pretty weird for a class that can only dps.

About kneeling shot, it gives a huge boost to dps, around 50% when archer 1, but still less than swords. I used it for a while, skill level 5, but soon it’s not viable anymore unless in party. Even then, people want’s you to use skills to kill faster, which you can’t while using kneeling shot.

1 Like

I agree. I mostly focused on solo play, since that is 95% of what I did. However a lot of it can be applied to party play. However amount ofareas you can choose to grind in are both more and less. More, because you can worry less about potions/sustaining and weapon damage types. Less because you really need to go to one of the super fast spawn spots. Solo, you can go to the less populated areas that have lower spawn rates and still level fast.

One thing I found in parties is that people tended to zone out and not pay attention. Once I went to a party leveling area (Pantos and Birds in Garden) and sniped 2 to 3 blues within an hour or two while playing solo. Some of them I killed right next to another person, who was closer to the blue than me, simply because they weren’t paying attention.

Make sure you absolutely get those blues!

Grinding isn’t solely about speed. It’s about sustained speed. And kneeling shot is perfect for that. If you choose your leveling spot appropriately you will level at least as fast as anyone else, but you will sustain easier with kneeling shot, from what I’ve seen. Archers are more restricted when it comes to leveling, but there are lots of stab weak mobs. Personally I suggest birds in southern Garden for soloing from 30 to 40+. 40 to 46 might be harder. I suggest pushing through chapel quests with a group and going to the Gorge place with the beetles and kobold-type archers, before the mermaid boss. They all stab weak and very dense. They’re way easier than Chapel mobs too. If you can’t get a party to push through Chapel quests, then skip it for now. The dungeons are harder for how much EXP they give and not exactly the best grinding locations. But they are doable if you have the right damage type.

In party, your classes matter less, and it’s more about your approach to the grind and your efficiency in targeting and pathing around the map and so on. But yes, in parties kneeling shot is no good.

Sometimes you can’t always secure blue monsters too. I got over 10 blue monsters during my play time but when you are a Pyro and your fireball is on cd during 10 seconds you can’t do much but spamming all your other skill and try to do the most damage you can possibly do.

Anyway, the more people realize they have to focus to get those blue, the more it is going to be random when trying to get them because at some point, it will be all about luck.

Yep! nice guide “How to stop crying about lowExp card” C:

I know that, but kneeling shot is just not viable if alone. Soon you can’t kill monsters in less than 3 shots anymore, meaning you take some hard damage. And you still do less damage than swords with kneeling shot.
Also, birds in garden are great but we don’t do double damage on them. Oh yeah, and archers are a nightmare as we can’t dodge them. And again, we can’t change damage type, so unless you find good options of flying monsters, there are not much doable options of dungeons as you said.

I got to level 7x as a hunter, had some time to explore as I played since the first day, and believe me, its much harder to level. You can always try for yourself in the next beta, i’m pretty sure we will be in.

Oh yeah, and did you know there was a bugged crossbow doing double the damage than intended? Some archers were using it, hope you didn’t compare with it.

1 Like

I didn’t know about that, so I have no idea if my comparison is valid since I don’t know what they were using… I was planning on sapping next beta if I get in anyway.

Birds should be stab weak though.

Its an ok guide but you should not be confident about your ability’s until you have actually tried other classes, its alot harder for wizards in terms of exp from grinding even with a high spr build and equipment, sp pots, keeping up sp is a problem not only that the only way to kill mobs is with skills which all have long cooldowns, you can try your hardest to autoattack to kill mobs but it has no splash so its still slow.

excluding blue mobs you would probably get to lvl 30 within one day as a wiz but getting to circle 3 is a dream.

It appears to have a small increase on damage, 25%. What I mean is these birds don’t count as flying monsters. Usually you see archers hitting 1xx there and swords 2xx.

Just like DanielS said, you can’t compare swordies with archers, and I can even say that you can’t either with clerics or wizards. Right now swordmans are the 1v1 PvE characters but the truth is they are more AoE than any other job. Right now the hitbox of melee weapons is huge, easily you can mob 4-5 monster and kill them with auto attacks like it’s nothing, using just low/mid red pots when needed and all that playing solo, thing that mean that you can get more experience in less time than a full party. This also applies to bosses, where you can kill them in 1minute easily, while archers, clerics and wizards need to wait for cooldowns to get lucky 1/3 of the boss hp when you already got it killed on solo.

Kneeling shot as you say is an awesome skill that let you kill in 3-4 shots (2 if crit) one only monster, while on the other hand you kill 4-5 with those 3-4 hits with more aspd that the archer and probably without the party getting the monster from hitting you. I can’t count how many blue mobs i lose to swordies while i was in kneeling shot that i got the first hit but sword appeared and ripped them off in the split of a second, getting all the exp for themselves. The truth is I feel not just barbarians, but swordies need a nerf on the range of weapons or the dmg output, cause both are outstanding with no sp problems.

I really can see the love for grinding that you have and that everyone on the game should began to understand, as maybe we have ppl don’t used to the grind mechanic, but that doesn’t mean you got a star cause you got to top 100 on the server, you just used the easiest branch on leveling/soloing on the whole game. If you used the same amount of time getting wiz or archer to the same level, that would be a guide I would read and re-read to learn how the friggin fnck you did it, cause i would have serius issues in my leveling if you reached that kind of level with other class that isn’t a swordie.

kCBT Fletcher (1) 130
iCBT Archer (2) 38