Tree of Savior Forum

Best solo class?

Hello guys, im a new player here and im looking for the best classes/build for solo PvE/bosses with this new recent changes…

can some one help me?

thx alot.

It depends on what you want to play :smile:
I know mostly Wizard and Cleric, and for a first character, I recommend a Cleric : you will have a very good sustain (because you have a Heal), which will allow you to easily discover the game. Once you know it a little more, you can see what you like more (dps, support, ranged or melee) and see what build can fit you :slight_smile:
What do you play usually ?

hey, thx for the help…

im use to play any role… i was thinking about a wizzard or cleric build as you say… but there is so many ways to do that… so many combinations and there is that thing about be a STR or INT or SPR build… that is the hard choices…by first i think about a monk/inquisitor build, but i dont know if i should be STR or SPR… and now a im looking at the wizzard for nice spells graphics… who would be better?

Well, it really depends on what you want to play :smiley:
For example, a Cleric can play some support role in group only by taking Cleric2 while Wizard has more damage options !
I’ve never play a monk, so I can’t advise you very much on it, but I know it need STR to do damage. Some popular choix, as far as I know are Priest for the buffs it provide or Diev who provide sort of buffs and a physical skill.
For the Wizard, I think that Pyro, Cryo and Elemantalist have probably some really nice looking spells ! And Featherfoot for the blood part :slight_smile:
But, if you have the time, don’t hesitate to take this week (until 30rd may) to level up a cleric and/or a wizard and test what you like ! Right now, we have an event where we can reset every character once a day, be their stats, their skills or their class ! It’s a really nice event, so if you can, try to go as high level as possible to test, just be sure to take what you want the last day :slight_smile:

Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > Plague Doctor C2

Wizard C2 > Linker C2 > Thaumaturge C2 > Feather Foot C2

Both of these are really nice for solo gameplay, Cleric build would go full SPR or some CON if you want a little bit more health, while Wizard one would go full INT or some CON if you want too.

Wizard build would yield you more money in the long run because of the joint penalty > hangman knot > swell body combo but can be a little annoying to wait for cd’s to do your combos.

Cleric build is more new player friendly in my opinion, quite simple yet effective for solo gameplay, since you’re using SPR as your main stat and you’ve lots of ways to heal yourself you won’t need to spend money on HP or SP potions making it cheap, this build can also get a little bit annoying because you’ve to cast your buffs every minute and it’s about 5-6 of them.

I noticed that some Priest buffs requere holy whater or dust to use… dont it make the classe expensive to?

and can a thaumaturge stack the buffs at himself? like the STR buff + the int buffs?

Hm, I haven’t yet tested this Wizard build, but it’s probably a pain to leveling :confused: You have 2 damaging skills with one breaking your link ? Seems like really an end-game build, and ideally, I would made a reset for this one.

Honestly, I would recommend the Cleric as first character, or something easier for a Wizard, like Wizard1 > Cryo2 > Elementalist3 for a build (or Pyro for leveling and eventually switching later during this week)

Just by leveling, you gain easily the money for these items, but you can also buy these buffs to some players in town, making them cheaper.

At rank 3, a Thaumaturge can have his 3 buffs on him, yes.

The items required to use Priest’s buffs are cheap, 20 silver each, 30 silver each, depending on the item so it’s actually really cheap.

If you mean Swell Left Arm and Swell Right Arm, yes, he can use them on himself, one of the main reasons to use it, also Swell Body, you want to max all of those skills alongside Joint Penalty and Hangman Knot to max from Linker that way you can link mobs together, put them in front of you with Hangman Knot, use Swell Body and kill them, that’s the combo giving you lots of more rewards (silver).

It’s still somewhat of more advanced character so if you want something more simple I’d go for the Cleric one, however, keep in mind that build is an Auto Attack based build, so you’ll be auto attacking 99% of the time.

if u want to play solo the best that u can get is a farmer pj. try some like falconer 3 and quarrel 3 to do the dung 179 and get silver untill u wanna play with other char or u can try a SW farmer build

thx for the help… do you think that this wizzards builds with thauma buffs are the high damage builds compared to clerics???

If you want to go with the PD Build I’d suggest this setup:

Keep in mind that the skill distribution is MAINLY for SOLOING, you definitely don’t really need Aspersion at lvl 15 but it gives you more damage from Aspergillum from Chaplain (scales with Aspersion’s level).

Another option you’ve if you want even more dmg is getting your Sacrament to lvl 10 getting rid of Revive (you’re quite tanky with Healing Factor and Safety Zone alone, shouldn’t die) and reduce a few points from Exorcise, once again not needed and only for soloing purposes (even my lvl 1 Sacrament was giving me MORE damage than the lvl 10/11 from pardoner shops).

The main reason we get Aspersion and Sacrament at lvl 1 minimum is only if your Aspersion and Sacrament from the pardoner shop runs out and you’re in the middle of a dun or somewhere without a vakarine tp so you just cast them in the meantime until you can go back to town to get them.

that is nice… this PD deal more damage than a wizzard?? and dont i need to be a SPR or INT build to damage as a PD??and PDs are easy and better than monks for pve?

Javier… what is the deal with the falconer? i didnt enjoy it much by watch a video with falconer skills. can i chance the fal3 for schwarz 3 ???

What about Cleric 2 > Bokor3 > Diev > Plague Doctor2 Full Int.
For example:

Is Cleric C2 > Priest C3 > Chaplain > Plague Doctor C2 Full Spr better for dmg? I know Priest3>Chaplain is very good for Inquisitor because Blessing scales very well with a lot of multi hits.

Why do people replace INT with SPR for inquisitor??? SPR SPR increase the buffs effects and bring more damage coming from buffs??? why some casters do damage with INT and others with SPR??? like PD use int and inquisitor are uding SPR, im a bit confused

Spr increases the dmg from Priest Blessing, high level full spr adds ~1800 dmg to each hit and line of dmg, which makes a nice combo with Inquisitor Breaking Wheel