Tree of Savior Forum

Best class for casual player/relaxed player

Okay, thanks all for help, so I have 3 classes to chose:
-cleric
-mage
-archer
Now have to decide :D… anyway, great community ^_^! 0 toxicity, that’s great :)!

this forum is no different from any part of the world, depending were you go is the level of toxicity…

am kind of a casual mage, I play only 1H a day and if you want to go slow and chill, maybe mage is your thing…

if you want to kill without a stop in the time you play go archer…

Cleric will fix your needs if you want it…

and swordsmen are always in a hurry with a double tap…

If by casual you mean something that you can use to cover nearly every content in the game with minimal time investment, then W1 Pyro2 X X X WL2 probably.

Pyro is so strong right now with just Agny necklace, an item which is fairly cheap to buy from other players depending on your server (easiest way would be to buy token using TP, sell it on market, then buy the necklace), or you can farm at a dungeon. This should help you breeze content.

Even if Pyro gets nerfed in the future, you still have your higher ranks to compensate for the DPS loss.

For the X ranks, you could go:

• Pyro3 Link2
  • Link3
  • Cryo3 <— Fireball + Frost Pillar combo
  • Pryo3 Chrono2 <— great for farming a whole area (probably the most efficient macroWL build but that doesn’t mean you should bot/macro)

Right now I’m farming… oblique shot is so great :O! Best skill i have seen so far :D.

Sorry to say this but this game is not meant for casual players. Just quit for your own good.

Im casual and so far I have fun… am I doing something wrong?

this will change i can assure you

1 Like

Every game gets boring after a while, but casual players have one advantage over hardcore - they won’t get to this point as fast :D.

try
archer2-ranger1-scout1-rogue1-falcon1-ranger2-mergen
it is a build which specialized at 2H bow. At lv 315 you NORMALLY can only get 1 FREE exclusive material called practonium to craft your lv 315 weapon. If you use xbow+offhand you will feel obliged to craft both lv 315 weapon.
skill distribution:
archer:
swiftstep10
multishot10
oblique shot 1
full draw 7

ranger:
barrage10
steady aim10

scout:
cloaking 5
flareshot5
camouflage4
fluflu1

rogue:
feint 5
sneaking hit 5
capture 3

falcon:
circling 5
call 1

mergen:
arrow sprinkler 5
homing arrow 5
triple arrow 5

Well I didnt recommend pyro linker because it is going to get nerfed very soon. I dont know for sure but its currently too good for anything, maybe its gona be a balanced class after nerf if its not overdone. It is a good choice but not a safe choice.

No, nothing wrong, just that you won’t be able to progress in the end game unless you spend at least 5/6 hours a day playing.

1 Like

tl;dr

mage and archer are probably the classes where you can do the most crucial mistakes by picking circles that have no synergy with each other unless you pick link/pyro as mage.
eg. mounted archers cannot use a large palette of skills from other circles without getting de-mounted

swordie requires a huge currency investment.

you are gonna need this lol. I don’t wanna push you away from tos but it would be a miracle if you don’t fudge your first char. eventually we will get a free char reset event so you could probably endure your mistakes til then.

clerics are very powerful which is why sometimes people call this game tree of clerics. mages are fun to play and some are really decent at soloing. the bad thing about mages is that they really only attack with fire because pyro is the best kind of mage atm. I mean, there are some cryo builds and such…

some good mage builds are:
w1/pyro3/linker3/sage
w1/pyro2/linker2/thamu2/sage
w1/pyro3/chrono3/sage
w1/pyro2/link1/chrono3/sage

pyro linker does more damage but chronomancer gets pass and haste.

oblique shot is great at low lvs no doubt :slight_smile: I think you need to research what is decent and also watch game play videos of those classes and see which one you would enjoy the most. also you have to know that some chars in those videos are much more invested into than others.

[details=this is my c2/bokor3/miko/pd2 vs a lucky red mob (blue pag in timerys)]

I was not maximizing my dps cause I was a bit nervous since I was new to those mobs and that area but as you can see this build has a lot of aoe damage. healing at this level in the game makes you require less skill. I want to see non clerics do this, they probably can and they have to use more skill and more gear too.

1 Like

Hmm… i tested all 4 classes up to level 10, the strongest was sword than archer… mage was so-so and prest was just… uh… 0 dmg :D…
What lvl is needed to actually see the power of priest?

cure and heal do great damage except that they can’t hit flying mobs. you would see the power of cleric once you do the 80 dungeon and hit necroventer with two heal bombs (+the blessing buff) and cure because he is weak to magic and holy.

at lv 50 with my cleric1/krivis2 I have an easy time soloing the 50 dungeon but krivis main attack has a hit count to it so it sucks for packs of many mobs. she would probably clear it faster as cleric2/krivis1. at lower lvs clerics kill things with heal and cure + melee with sacrament buff.

key eq to making your attacks stronger is an 5 hammer with 5 lv 5 red gems, arde dagger, and agny necklace.

even at lv 300 i’m still using my 5 hammer. archers have it easier at lower lvs and mages are annoying at the very first (until you become a pyro or linker)

1 Like

Yeah, true, archer is really great early on :)… btw. where I can find first dungeon, I already have 60 lvl and still no dungs :(.

this dude made a very useful guide.

you can type /indun in game to make a list pop up to see what zones the dungon que things are located in. tenet garden and novaha assembly hall is where you Q for the lv 50. you have to wait til 5 people que for it to be able to enter and sometimes you will be sad to see that no one is queing.

Oh… that would suck :/… can i solo them?

maybe. most of the older players are like super rich elites that have strong eq so we can’t relate to the poor folk no more. I mostly play during off hours so the que situation might seem a bit better if you play during peak hours.

my guess is that you might be able to kill many of the mobs but you will need lv15 healing potions and the boss might still ~coughs~ you. I think as an archer you would have a decent chance to clear it but you are talking to a guy who gives his chars hat enchants that give my low lv chars 6k extra hp and 100 p def and 100 earth elemental attack…

I went through it a few times with my hoplite and the mobs were ez enough but the boss was painful. it was a lot less painful when I let him use 5 hammer and when he could use arde dagger at lv 75. p.s. the exp in the lv 50 dungeon is still good even at 75.

dungeon reset at 6am server time.
if you q between 6am-11am server time, usually the q time is pretty short.