Tree of Savior Forum

Best card for grimoire (Sorcerer circle 1)?

What would be the best card (Marnox excepted :wink:) to use as summon for a build with only one circle of Sorcerer?

Currently I have:

• Netherbovine
  • Dullahan
  • Templeshooter

They seems to do roughly the same damage. Anything better?

Some players use Frost Lord , between the ones you have I like TS because of his range.

Among those you have, Templeshooter is the best one. Froster Lord and Gorkas are also good choices for Sorc C1.

I like gorkas due to its wide AoE. Is it strike attack? It may work well with wiz3’s lethargy.

Personally, I prefer Netherbovine. It’s very fast, has a good basic attack, and has a good AoE. Partner it with a Linker and you got a farming machine.

C1:
Popular: Templeshooter, Netherbovine, Gorkas

• Templeshooter by himself can be dumb (he won’t tank well for you since he’s ranged and has not the best AoE, so you will get hit more), but he has good synergy with some missile-enhancing spells.
  • Netherbovine can be a bit difficult to position and mess up your enemy placement sometimes.
  • I never used Gorkas, but from what I heard he’s really solid, but his stomping sounds annoy people.

Not popular but still excellent:

• Helgasercle. A bit slower than some others, but excellent AoE range. Will hit a lot of enemies at once. Good for huge groups.
  • Harpeia: I only tested her for a day now and she’s surprisingly decent at C1. I can’t give a more in-depth description yet, but she is on C1(!) superior to Froster Lord.

Froster Lord is the best C2 card for riders by far - I find him better than Marnox - but his auto-attack is very, very slow (slower than Helgasercle’s) and also very prone to missing some hits if the enemy isn’t right in front of him. As such, he’s not a good C1 choice.

But yeah, a lot depends on your class. Good AoE summons go very well with Linkers and Cryos. Those who like to enhance strike summons with the Wizard skills should pick a strike one (most are slash-type) like Marnox. Templeshooter is good for those who play with missile stuff.

My personal preference for C1 is Helgasercle > Marnox > Harpeia > Froster Lord. But I have been told I’m weird. Even weirder: Depending on where you are leveling (it’s not doable well everywhere, but in Sausys, for example, it is), a stationary summon can be good as long as the monster spawnrate is high enough that you wouldn’t move around much anyway. It does take some getting used to, though. I’ve experimented with Merregina since I randomly got her card and it’s been weird, but successful.

I use Netherbovine for my Wiz3>Thauma3>Sorc1>Onmyoji2 sub. Gorkas have a really huge aoe but for my build, Onmyoji AOE is so huge that I don’t need another summon with large AOE. Netherbovine is great for me to take down 1 or 2 mobs that I failed to clear, since it has really good attacking speed.

If you have necro, templeshooter would be great because of decay.

Gorkas for Level Up, but is bad for boss, and Lethargy debuff work in his atk, so great for cm, util the boss come. Netherbonive too.
Froster lord, for me, is desapointing, he is too slow.
Necroventer is pretty good for boss.
Succubus for Waifu Material.
Helga is decent.
Flammindus and Harpea are cheap option, decent.
TempleShooter, now? No, thank you, you can get better cards.
But save your money and buy a Marnox card, probabily the best card(in my opnion). Lethargy c3 atribute work in his auto-attack and he attacks fast, decent AoE and great damage.

@thagoevil1118 temple shooter is still best if you have necro c1-3 though. double damage because of shoggoth’s passive decay debuff.

Marnox is top Sorc summon, but cheaper, a bit slower, but more popular is froster lord.
You can lvl up and use Gorkas as cheap version of aboves hes AoE is amazing
there is still good old temple shoter, but when i have marnox, i dont rl care about other demons

Well I did a little testing in a high level area and the result are:

• best raw damage: Templeshooter (because 2x attack)
  • best tank: Netherbovine
  • best AoE: Gorkas
  • Jack of all trades: Dullahan

After some more testing inside dun 300, I decided to go with Gorkas.

With Necro, yes, Without necro, no.

Bumping this one by curiosity. As far as C1 card usage goes, how much of a damage difference is Marnox compared to Gorkas/Netherbovine? I rather be sure the 20m the card goes for is worth it more than just min/maxing, compared to what I got right now. Do Marnox also spawn in the Mine mission, or is he the only demon lord that can’t spawn in missions?

Anyone Have a boss stat table like the old one? time ago the boss was or phisical or magical, top P. Damage was the temple shoter only because it Have the top crítical rate. And the top M damage was the the necroventer but everyone chose a off summ with more Wide AoE

I though that the dps now depend on the animation delay. Maybe the top dps for A.A. Could be some with a faster animation. Imo maybe sucubus can do a lot of damage faster with more AoE than the temple.

I Will test that but i like to make a build with sorcerer and alche 3 some day when the homunculus get an improve :sad: