Tree of Savior Forum

BEST BOT solution (like and bump this post)

add Invincible high level monster in every BOT maps!
with the following feature:

1: monster got noname or Invincible monster’s name will be name of all kind of monsters found in the map (incase bot program adds monster list of not to hit)
2: not agressive (so it won’t bother real players)
3: got no drops got no exp

optional: -will only attack back when attack by someone
- same map monster lvl only
-small type only like a bee (so real players have a small chance of accidentaly hitting it)
- will stop attacking when hitted by a skill or magic (for as far as I saw, BOTs don’t use skill/magic on battle (so if a real player accidentally hit the invincible monster, player would just use skill/magic.

ps. bump this like this and you can even share this suggestion.
ps again. just a TOS concern player here with a suggestion, make love not bot. (Be like Bill)

It took a grand total of 10 seconds of thought to break this.

Target monsters using model information (the bots already do this, ask anyone who’s done “The Legendary Trick” with bots around) and they will never hit the invincible mob, which is still more likely to kill a player than a bot.

meaning bot program can set what monsters to attack right?
I edited my post number 1, and i think real players won’t die from it for it is not aggressive and will only attack when attack, and also just same lvl of monsters in the same map

Here’s the thing. If an anti-bot monster is designed to be indistinguishable from regular enemies, it’s going to catch innocents regardless of their intelligence, which means it’s going to cause complaints. It’s bad design.

If it cannot be indistinguishable, then it must be signaled somehow. When a signal gets introduced, bots can be modified to see that signal, just like a player.

Just some of the questions running through my mind…

What happens when this thing hits somebody? Are they instantly killed and reported?

What if it’s a flying type and the player doesn’t have a skill capable of hitting it to remove aggro? Does something special happen when it de-aggros?

Does it cause durability damage when it kills you?

Does it have a different monster ID from the monsters around it (assuming stats are pulled from ID)?

Will it have a buff marking it as invincible? A different color? A giant rainbow colored pillar of light announcing its presence?

Uhm… This exact same idea is actually already implemented. Ever saw the “Grimm Reaper” boss? That’s the lvl 280 anti-bot boss we have. I once saw it on one of the mausoleum floors. According to this post, it either disappears before being killed, or gives no loot or exp