Tree of Savior Forum

Best armor for a dps wizard?

Hi there, I’ve heard that the war mage set is the best budget set for a dps wizard but I did some researching and I found that the alpra set gives slightly more dps. Furthermore the total cost of a set of alpra robes is a lot lower than the war mage set.

However, not many mages use this set of equipment and I’m not sure why. Is the drop in physical/magic defense really that significant and consequential? Overall, which set should I use?

Any help or advice is deeply appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Alpra Pant + Alpra Glove + War Mage Top + War Mage Boot

These are HG gears but not a set.
Elkosh/Virtov/Grynas are better gears for surviving since they have more HP and def/mdef

May I know why only pants and gloves are replaced with alpra but not top and boot?

Also out of the 3 gears you mentioned for survivability which one’s the best that I should aim for?

Thanks for your advice btw!

1 INT give 2 Matk
Every 10 INT bonus extra 5 Matk.
Or, every 10 INT will give you 22 + 5 = 27 Matk
Consider this, the set i suggest give you highest Matk.

I think HG315 blue/purple give you best def/mdef for survival, so those grynas/elkosh are only intermediate. But HP 30k is what you need actually, and it isn’t that hard to achieve

Actually I think alpra robe will still do better than war mage robe in terms of magic attack.
Best case scenario for Alpra robe (Assuming the 8 int it gives surpasses the 10 int mark) :
Magic attack by INT = 8*2+5 = 21
Raw magic attack = 10
Total magic attack = 21 + 10 = 31

Best case scenario for War Mage robe (assuming the 10 int it gives surpasses the 10 int mark):
Magic attack by INT = 10*2+5=25
Raw magic attack = 0
Total magic attack = 25+0 = 25

Using this same logic, every single piece of Alpra equipment gives more magic attack than their War Mage rivals.

I agree with you on the HG lv315 armors though.

anything is fine

u can just use cheap 315 plate

just focus on weapon

don’t waste million of silver on those low level armor

use that silver anvil/trans weapon instead

Solmiki full cloth set :smile:

this, but not full imo :slight_smile: chest legs boots and gloves solmiki and wrists with neck new set from field bosses ;x

But yea, weapon & headgear 123 is what you should focus.
When you have 6k-7k of Matk, 10-100 Matk from armors is seem a bit obsolete.

Actually is really the full set, because with 7 pieces you get 571 magic atk and 69 magic amplification , https://tos.neet.tv/items/534109 , on the description is written phys attack but is actually magic :yum:

Weapon is ur main source of matk. I wouldn’t spend a dime on warmage or any thing lower than level 315 gear. A blue plate top and bot get u covered in having enuf pdef and the rest of gear slot dont matter at all. Rather than spending millions of silver on these temporary gear, id spend on getting a pevordimas weapon as short term and start farming for orange 315 weapon.

You do not need to use the whole set, you can use the best piece of each tier. War mage boots are better than alpra boots for example. The rest of alpra is better MATK wise. You should also get wizard bracelets and agny / animus. Agny gives 120 property attack, which is pretty big and dependingon the class, its better than 33 matk.

the drop of pdef and mdef is quite important which is more of a problem later in the game.

What r u talking abt. Elemental property damage is shi.t 33 matk is definitelt better than 120 property

unless the skill has 350% MATK scaling or more, 120 property attack is better in this case.

With atttibute level u need even lower threshold to be better than property atk

oh good too know :slight_smile: but still solmiki bracelet are so bad imo ._.