Tree of Savior Forum

Best 2h spear build

Hello, i want to know what would be the best 2 handed spear build atm. I’m aware that Dragoon is doing very poorly right now and so is Cata, but i still want to try a 2h spear build. Barbarian is a really strong start for any DPS right now, but i’m not sure how to go from there.

Sword-hoplite-cata-lancer is a quite standard 2-H spear build.

Yet, Cata is clearly not a good choice right now if comparad to Barbarian or Naks for example. Aren’t there anything else that i can go with other than, maybe, barb-hop-lancer?

EDIT: Also, i may be wrong, but i think the hoplite-cata-lancer build should be mostly working around bossing, right? If possible i want some AoE at my kit. If its not possible to do with 2h spears, i would reluctantly accept using a 2h sword build or even as a last resort, a 1h spear. Please, help :c

Well trot is convinient, and acrobatic mount helps lancer skills I think.

Barb should be better than cataphract. Cata is just more thematic with the mounted 2-H spear wielder.

you can go pelt and take the OP buffs, just put a spare shield and sword on the weapon slot 2 / Or maybe put your 2H on the second slot, to be more tanky who knows

I’ve been wondering… ignoring Dragoon’s obscene mana SP cost, would Barbarian-Hoplite-Dragoon work well together? Cata and Lancer don’t work well with Barbarian, since they cannot make use of some of its skills while mounted, but snce Hop and Dragoon are not needed to mount, i thought maybe that could work? IMO, i could keep Hop and Dragoon’s def ignoring features, while mantaining Barbarian’s buffs and AoE potential. Does it work?

Just like HL, Barb also fits well into any dps oriented swordie builds regardless of weapon or mount restrictions. Yes, Cleave and Seism demounts you, but no big deal. Cleave enhances Rush damage, Pouncing is great for a second channeling skill, but Frenzy and Warcry is the best. As a cataphract, skills like Eartwave and DoomSpike its not hard to get max stacks for Frenzy.

I am unsure what you are describing here but anytime you switch from a shield, the Peltasa buffs are removed. Is there a way to maintain the buffs without a shield?

I have try both Barb Cata Lancer and Hop Cata Lancer, Frenzy and Warcry alone make Barb worth it and it help Cata Lancer weak in AOE but cleave dismount is quite annoying. Hop Cata Lancer, give me less overall dmg output but with 2 extra skill, I melt boss like cutting through butter

Seism also dismounts you.

The buff is not removed with 2H sword as long you have a shield in the secondary weapon ( alt + Z ), my build now is Doppel - Barb - Pelt. With 2h spear though I cant confirm.