Tree of Savior Forum

Beefy DPS : Did I go wrong?

So I have just started up Tree of Savior for a week now.

I did tiny amount of research and decided that I would like to play as a frontline DPS that isn’t squishy, so I picked Peltesta, which was a tank class.

The funny thing now is that I decided to go C3 Peltesta, put 1 point in High Guard just for the Status effect, and proceeded to max out Umbo Blow’s High Guard Mastery for a total of 250%(+20%x4) damage during High Guard Stance.

This gave me a weird on and off power state where I do 0 damage with my Autos and other Basic abilities, and do higher damage with Umbo Blow.

The way im using Peltesta skill kit is to use my spells to tank for me instead of directly tanking the damage (Guard and High Guard)

Is there a better way to play Peltesta as a DPS? Did I mess up already?
Should I just inflate my Str and smash enemies with High Guard Umbo Blow?

Yes, you cant play peltesta as dps. The whole swordman tree has hardly any DPS enabling skills to start with and peltesta is probably the worst out of the bunch.

Unless they add a way to remove your own buffs, or to cut the duration of High guard down to like 10-15s and CD to 20-30s, i think you pretty much answered your own woes. For decent damage output you could use Umbo Blow and Rim Blow, but then you’re stuck for a good 20+ seconds with no damage.

i suppose another way to use High Guard would be in bossing or something where you’re worried you’re about to get decked? but yeah its definetly not worth the trade off if you’re seeking to dps.

1 Like

You can remove all buffs by right clicking the icon.

If you want to increase your normal attacks’ damage. Get Ledas Shield, use Cafrisun set and make sure you buy the 1 hour Sacrament buff from Pardoner. That should increase your normal attack’s DPS a bit. Still isn’t that much, but it helps.

The Ledas shield ice damage will apply on your Normal attacks +Cafrisun set + the Sacrament buff. So it’ll get applied 3 times. 4 times if you have the Pyromancer buff and 5 times if you have the Chaplain Last Rite buff.

Blessing also applies to each additional damage.

1 Like

Weapon swap to something without a shield and it’s gone :slight_smile: this is what I do!

Pop high guard, expend umbral and rim charges.
Swap to sword without shield, swap back and continue. I’m going cat3 to swap to two handed spear.

2 Likes

Ah well in that case its not so bad. i mean a 60s CD is still cruel in the long run of things but i guess it helps you can do that

Thanks for the tips guys!
I’ll continue playing with what I have following these advice.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.