Tree of Savior Forum

Banned for the use of addons, I used no "Abusive" addon

The guy that makes the UI for ToS is at fault, i’ve spent some 35 min on some maps cus it was 97,7% or so, and taking all dat silver from the market 1 by one can be tiresome, if only IMC could’ve made better UI’s

It’s time consumming to do it and no mmorpgs that I know have done it.
What IMC banned today were really out of the “grey zone”.

We’re talking here about abuse of command lines that let you call shop window anywhere.

Up until recently, a number of players were proven to be making use of
addons to modify the game client and allow access to Market, Repair,
Personal Storage and Team Storage UIs outside of cities without
interacting with their corresponding NPC.

BTW, heads up. The creator of cwanywhere, Fiote, has not been banned, let that sink in for a second.

Here’s your answer. But really, you should have been more careful in using add-ons. Maybe you’ve put something that has an illegal content by mistake or maybe you don’t know what you are doing at all when you added them. But hey ignorance doesn’t exempt you from being punished.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It’s not Excurlson but Fiote who made it, here’s the whole story if you missed it:

I agree, that could be the case, except I am very careful at what I have installed.

it’s not really time consuming.
there are 10 addons.

There is way more than 10 addons: https://fanoftreeofsavior.wordpress.com/addons-mega-list/

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_John
I don’t know if you follow the addons dev but I’m so maybe my list that I update regulary will lessen a bit your burden to check what addons have been made so far.

I try my best with my knowledge of long term mmorpg player to not list any addons that go out of the grey area.

Aye, I meant Fiote, not sure why I put Excrulon’s name instead.

1 Like

You’re the dumbass here. I used that addon and many others, and we’re all fine. Your common sense is flawed af, you don’t even know the purpose of that TP icon, nor do you know what the addon even do. Clueless.

It’s not. It doesn’t stop you from buying TP, all it does it remove the button and replace it with /tp lol

If only we could prove he’s telling the truth. Without knowing for sure this is nothing more than add-on fear mongering…

yeah…i know.
it was a figurative speech, it still is not really a time consuming thing.

There are two likely explanations for all these people reporting they’ve been unjustly banned:

1. Something innocuous in one of fiote’s other addons (cwMarket, cwRepair etc) got picked up on because of similar function call patterns or something.

2. People got banned for cxAnywhere and they’re trying to weasel out of it by pretending they did nothing wrong.

Just a heads up too, I’m pretty sure those addons creator have a mule account when trying fishy stuff. You just got rekt by them.

They already said in another topic several weeks ago what addons are allowed:

Addons that do not
-sniff out or modify network traffic
-read or write memory in the games process memory
-automate gameplay aspects
-give unfair gameplay advantages (see hidden enemies, speedhack, etc)
are allowed by IMC

EDIT: not sure if that’s the full criteria list, but it’s close

Stuff like EXP viewer, map viewer, monster info viewer, kill counter, etc should not fall in this category.

I think choice n°1 is what probably happened in some cases. (mistake happen)
I was lucky, I didn’t got mixed up on Fedimian, tho.