Tree of Savior Forum

Back to TOS? is it worth to come back

linker thauma is fine as long as you have no money to fund other chars.
Main problems are that swell and link have their cd’s out of sync, you have to jump cancel both swell and hangman on every group of mobs and killing even 1 monster without swell on it may result in incredible rage when an item actually drops from it.
Spider room is good for farming 340hg on thauma tho.

1 Like

Didnt know this but again why is the mage 2x drop buff far superior then the swordy buff?

DPE + Dragoon Jump, enough said.

3 Likes

Vaacum? u know skills have cooldown rite? and what best to kill that time than pulling mobs? is not that hard
what is hard is to get the !"$(!"@# Slick Sap x100 for the shinobi recipe from damn stationary mobs

Actually. Pyro1 Link1 Thaum1 Chrono3 SM2 is great for that. You get 100 in less than 50mins D:

You can 1hit those mobs with any class at 330, the problem is that swell has cooldown and 2 OH, its not that its bad but when u have to farm mobs that won’t move from their place and are too far away from each other to get linked then it takes forever
At least mine did

I lost my will to play this game because of this:

300m / day and 1.5b / week… sigh.
It is indeed unfortunate, as I concur with Rehail on the art and soundtrack of the game.

To add on to rwasknum’s recommendation on “best farmer”, and to touch a little on shenhuehue’s doubt on Thauma’s ability to farm: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g85VflJdHVs
The video showcases stats, skills & gears with some kill rotations.

Although no primus gears dropped in this short video, it feels good when one (double) drops.

u should go party, we have challenge mode, and unique raid, just pray for ur luck, u can get masinios recipes from unique raid, and u can still get 350 gears from challenge mode too, dps is most needed in CM
and if u want solo, u should make linker thaum for cheap investment, but if u have a good gears and silvers for upgrading ur new gears, then its up to you… u can enjoy any build u like

I’m not saying thauma is useless, but the incredible farmer thing is a meme. A lot of physical builds can one or two shot that room with good equips with 1 or 2 skills. For now, for me, until we get the mage rework, a geared mage feels incredibly unrewarding when farming if you actually have the money to gear up.
And tiring too, since you are forced to jump or lose hangman’s knot buff.
The class itself is “good” but pushing that agenda is dumb as hell.
I would still make a thauma as my first char since it can literally leech challenge mode without even transing for how strong the buffs are.

The key points of the side “why I think Thaum FF3 is better”, at least, for me, are:

1. Better weight management because no/less HP potions needed and SP usage isn’t high = Longer farming session.
  2. Less impactful trade off for using Looting Chance gear, physical DPS classes loses around 1k Physical Damage by swapping.
  3. Dedicated Farmer. You can get higher looting chance values by using looting gems on weapon slots without affecting other content nor your main.
  4. Not really sure on this one, luck can affect results: More Primus drops than farming with non-Thaum classes.

But even tho I do have a T10 SR3 and it’s my fav class since iOBT, main reason I change to Thaum farmer is double drop vs kill rate. I feel (could be false) that since the drop rate is already that low, in the long run Thaum gives more rewards at the end of a farming session of the same time, but in this case, Thaum can also farm for longer before heading back to town.

With the loss coming from swapping to Looting Chance set, at least for me Thaum FF3 is a far better (goal: more Primus drops, FF gets more) farmer for HG when it comes to solo farming Primus Gear.

@mathias_cronquist P.S.: I meant about chrono thaum due to reincarnate and Pyro has FB’s cheap AoE.

1 Like

Its just a joke like always thauma is a R4 cls.
Gives you a buff that give you more dmg then some lvl of trans on your weapon.
On top of that more exp/2xdrop.

Other “farmerchars” like Corsair a R5 cls dont even get the new gear droped and Doppels skill let you eat up more dmg and has a cap?
And this as a R6 cls?

Just another reason why at least 3/5 on low lvl duns are wizs.

I enjoyed my corsair when pillaging worked on boss cards in Mission.

From what I heard, it no longer works.

Reincarnate: 120 seconds cooldown
Fire Breath has AoE, cool, but that wont help when u farm SLICK SAP

Are u even listening? I agree with linke thauma builds are capable of great PVE farming, but not for that specific reason when u have to deal with the bs of shinobi quest

Fire ball. Also, I forgot about Pass. Like I said, 45-50min = 100 Slick Sap with a character like that.

what has Fire Ball to do?
Do u know how far from each other are the Ravinelarva from each other? sure call it baits when u can’t recognize ur fault :haha:

Let’s refresh ur memory about those mf mobs

that thing at the right :slight_smile: even with a 1cd meteor wouldn’t make a difference from normal auto attack, they die from 1 hit, its just ■■■■■■■ slow and the rate doesnt help

Gave an option, suggestion, personal experience and total farming time. If you really need to do shinobi pre-quest that many times for it to be an issue, give it a try.

Treat the advice in the way you want, have fun o/

Didn’t u see the rebalance? we are becomming ToS (Tree of Shinobi) for any swordie build except mounted or some special TBL oriented one, so yeah, proly doing all that crap another 2-3 times more

And also talking from own experience + the people farming those too that day who said that were on the same task for about 2+ hours

Now that we become mostly Shinobi oriented, just imagine the ammount of extra people taking the sap from you, hahahha all hail mighty IMC and their pointless quests to promote the TP sales :haha:

I farmed my Slick Saps with the same character I turned into Shinobi. It wasn’t that bad. Also got two of those colored armbands. I actually like the farming steps in the unlock quests for hidden classes. Better than having to wait for something to spawn. Because of that, I hate the Rune Caster quest the most, even more than Miko and Appraiser quest.

1 Like

PVP must be unbalanced and you pick the class you want to win. There is no balance in PVP unless you want every class to be the same, boring as heck.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.