Tree of Savior Forum

Back after hiatus, what to do now for equipment?

So i decided to try play the game again and see how it goes. Got kicked out of guild understadably for being inactive for so long.

Question now is what should my gear progression be like now? Here is what I have

T8 +11 Savinose Rod (no Ichor)
T8 +11 Event Savinose Gear (Top/Bottom/Gloves/Shoe) all with Moringponia Ichor
T5 +11 Event Wastrel Zvaigzde Shield
Solmiki Accessories (2 Ring 1 Neck)

I only play Wizard (in fact I even made a Wizard Class Build Guide long ago but it is outdated now, maybe if I decide to invest into the game I’ll update it who knows), so my gear is used throughout all my Wizards. Ideally my gear progression would cater to every single build.

How should I progress from here? And how important it is to be max level? I have quite a few 420 but some still <410. Also what is the best way to level up now?

1 Like

Depends on your wizard of course and what you want to do with it. I’m the kind of player that has like 10 of them and no real main, so the +11 t8 savi stuff with decent fixed ichors is enough for me. This allows me to finish the main story and participate into moderate party content like CM, but nothing more. Especially, this puts me out of everything else that the game provided recently, because it’s a real step-up in difficulty:

• Misrus
  • Dimension Collapse
  • Weekly Boss
  • Legend Raids (Skiaclipse is fine if you get carried, Lepidopera is out of question)

All those endgame challenges are aimed at the “top gear” players. I should include everything else that requires DPS (Moringponia WB, Bernice, Boruta…), because bringing Savinose equipment now makes your contribution to those negligible.

If you want a capable wizard, you will need:

• switch rod/shield to staff/trinket (unless you’re playing alt with bonus to rod)
  • full Varna set, enchanted to +16 and transcended to +10 (+11 is probably fine, but top DPS have +16 and even +21 on the weapon)
  • full fixed ichors on the Varna set, and if you’re lucky a Vaivora for your staff
  • farm CM/market for Dysnai parts, reroll with Sandras and powder until you get all of them with high int/spr/con/critical rate and equip the resulting random ichors on your Varna set
  • 5-piece set effect for the resulting Varna set, Ataka or at least Smugis (Ataka if you have high crit rate, Smugis otherwise)

Accessories have always been underwhelming. My wizards have Drakonas Lynkki or Carnas Majiya even Solmiki with +60 or so int/con are fine), but I’m sure the top DPS already have Legend Moringponia accessories by now.

Just check top wizards on your server: they probably have 1800 int and over 1000 con, matk of 25-30k and can clear Bernice stage 120 and deal 2 billion damage on the weekly boss while you with your Savinose equipment you clear stage 60 and struggle to do 60 million on the boss because you get oneshotted with less than 90k hps.

Now the bothering part… Getting a competitive set takes time and resources. It’s easy to get a Varna item… but a +21 t10 Varna weapon with level 9 gems, a +200 int/spr/con +700 crit rate random ichor and a Vaivora ichor will take a long time to acquire. I’m still wondering how my guildmates show every five minutes the perfect ichors they get while it takes me forever to get one because my resources are limited and there’s so much RNG involved. Sometimes when I play the game a couple hours in the evening I have the sensation I’ve accomplished nothing, because I spent too much time connecting chars, checking stuff, browsing market, sorting stuff in storage… If you want a competitive set of equipment, there’s nothing else to do than focusing 100% on it: do the raids for raw mats, farm for silver and basic resources, try RNG, repeat if the outcome isn’t successful. Nothing else.

Now there’s the problem of the future of the game. Planned is the release of Legend Dysnai 430 equipment. Basically these will be the Savinose casual stuff of episode 12. For now they’re not even released in kToS, which means there won’t be any for months at least, and we don’t even know what will the random stats look on them. Will they be competitive vs Varna? Better? Worse? Is it worth waiting for those with Savinose equipment? Many unanswered questions. So up to you to see how far you want to invest in Varna equipment now.

2 Likes

Leveling up to 440 is the same as before: you do the main story quests. Episode 12 will give a “ton” of level 16 exp cards, which is probably enough to level you up to 440-445. If your characters are old, you’ve probably not even done the previous quests. My last alts were already 435 or so when I started to do the episode 12 quests.

Note: in some recent patch, the devs added rewards for each episode starting from episode 1. If you claim all the rewards on your main character, you will get:

• a ton of exp cards (probably enough to level up to 435+)
  • a ton of AP (probably enough to max a few skills)
  • a set of accessories (+15 to all stats and +100 to patk/matk)
  • and much more (cards, …)

Once you’ve done the main story line, there are more ways to get exp:

• repeatable quests (green): kill mobs on each of the new maps (3-5 quests repeatable 10 times) which will reward you with 2 level 16 exp cards per quest (so 60-100 per map)
  • Gemstone Feud uniform mode (first session): 7 level 16 exp cards per day
  • Emergency quests: kill 30 mobs on the new maps will spawn a quest to kill 30 more mobs (gives you a small amount of xp + a random reward that is usually 1 talt, 100 AP or a magnifier)
  • and of course spamming CM7 with friends/guildies on the popular Vienibe Shelter map

Note: leveling up to 440 is fast. After 440, the experience curve becomes more exponential, and it becomes really hard to get from 449 to 450 (you will often do stuff for +0.3% of a level if not less). The good thing of leveling up from 440 to 450 is:

• 10 stat points per level as a reward you can claim at Magic Association NPC for a total of 100 points
  • 3 skill points you can invest in any class in your build, including your base class (also claimed at Magic Association NPC), so if you left a skill at 14/15 because you couldn’t invest the last point, it is time to do so

I think that’s the thing about the game. A part of me understands that I obviously don’t expect to easily get top tier gears but there seem to always be a constant need to continuously upgrading and when you finally reach a certain tier of equipment, the equipment cap increase again. As much as I enjoy the customization of classes (I have like I think 7 wizards), the grind is a bit boring even though there are various classes to try. Have’t even really tried those raids and stuff, the only one was guild raid but now I got kicked out (understandably due to my hiatus).

i Play Warlock/Shadowmance/FF.
Should I aim for Stuff or rod?
Plate/leather or cloth?

Always for all* : 2Handed + Trinket and Leather

*(Healers: Cloth and 1HandMace + Shield)

2 Likes

what’s the benefit of taking leather over getting cloth/plate and taking the leather enchant on repair shop ?

The leather bonus dmg stacks with leather enchant from repair shop, so you get 30% more dmg instead of 15%.

1 Like

hahaha what the heck, thanks for the answer