Tree of Savior Forum

Average damage of twohanded weaponry

Am I the only one that feels that the damage values of twohanded weapons are all over the place and seemingly not very balanced?

Why has e.g. Twohanded Lance such a huge damage margin, while Twohanded Sword such a small margin, even smaller than Twohanded Mace?

I think it’s extremely unbalanced and unfair that Twohanded Maces are the worst of all twohanded weapons, this needs to change.
There are two reasons:

1st: Clerics can only equip Twohanded Maces and have no access to other twohanded weapons to boost their attack value, while all other weapons Cleric has access to is also accessable by Swordsmen and Wizards. And let’s not forget that maces also have a range disadvantage in TOS.

2nd: Blunt weapons are by far the most symmetrical weapon types of all that are ingame, meaning they are supposed to have the highest average effect on hitting the target. They also have the highest performance against all types of armor since they are usually just using weight and acceleration to create highly energetic impulses.

How the system should be:
Maces should have the highest average physical damage in the game, given the lower attack value and attack range.

Let’s take a look at Skull Breaker, Regard Horn Pike and Sarkmis values right now and how it should look like:

Sarkmis: 1303-1592 patk
Regard Horn Pike: 1333-1803 patk
Skull Breaker: 1172-1433 patk

should change to

Sarkmis: 1303-1592 patk
Regard Horn Pike: 1333-1803 patk
Skull Breaker: 1387-1450 patk

As you see, the overall damage capabilities grew a lot closer, because Twohanded Maces were originally designed for physical attack Classes (Monk&Paladin) but perform atm very badly compared to other twohanded weaponry due to their low minimum and average patk values/damage for no apparent reasons.

2H blunt weapon are balanced by 2 reasons:

1.- some class have benefits by both physical and magical damage and some build gets a bonus of damage based on both physical + magical for example sadhu or druids.

2.- i dont know how exactly this work but every weapon have a hidden perk base on the kind of weapon (like the kind of damage pirce/slash/strike) but its about the AoE and the RoE for 2H weapons both, swords and pikes have theyr hown “hidden” perk like +5 AoE base for 2h swords and +10 RoE (range) for pike so i think that 2h mace will be some between both and that make a loot of difference when u try to balance a char.