Tree of Savior Forum

Aussies need to be offered a transfer please. SUPER DISAPPOINTED

It should be in the same location. Singapore is very small.

Asking him to show traceroute is cuz I suspect the server is simply unstable. So if the traceroute still shows the same path(just worse ping due to overload server), then OP can’t say IMC cheated him.

IMC never once said they will provide players with non crowded server lol.

testing the ping with the given IP they provided was suppose to give us an idea, comparing to an NA server, even if the servers were crowded in SEA you would expect a better ping overall compared to a crowded NA server, well it was a complete opposite.

Even funnier… they basically did :smile:

“pleasant gameplay”
Theses guys jokes never end.

thanks for useless input

Those are just standard PR bullshit. Commanderloadfail is basically badly translated korean error which says fail loading.

On march 28th with relatively few EA players, you alreadn witness how the server was hammered. Come may 10 f2p release, I bet you first 3 days everyone will be screaming at the freaking queue.

1 Like

The ping overall is definitely better.

But what many fail to understand is ping is a measure of data travel and distance is but one factor that affect the speed with which the data travels.

You ping the echo server is just to double check SEA is indeed nearer then US east. But if the nearer server can’t handle all the request, then obviously your ping is going to suck no matter how near you are to the server. (ie a fast food next door with 100 ppl in queue is going to serve you slower then a fast food 15mins away with just 10 ppl in queue)

I bet IMC feel SEA population is low and thus uses less servers for Telsia and now Telsia can’t cope. Which is why the commanderloadfail strike back again.

Just be glad your “country” hasn’t been overrun by snakes and spiders yet. You have bigger things to worry about than ping, like kangaroos.

If an advise to educate yourself before calling people ignorant is what you call useless, then you’re welcome. Now compare 2 images and see difference. Try finding Singapore on yours while you’re at it.

But as I’ve already said 700 ping isn’t normal in any case. Still doesn’t mean issue is on server side, because a lot of people are getting good pings, including players from Australia.

go to school man haha #20char?

That’s all well and good. But considering most of us complaining on here did actually test it, I myself gave it a multiple ping -n test a few times, and my average was 140ms over about 100 pings, about 10 or so time (I like to make sure of these things).

However, in-game the reality has been much different, typing //ping in game shows that the actual response server-side to client while playing is anywhere between 400-700 for me, where as back on the NA servers I was getting 330-380.

This may simply be a server capacity issue for the initial switch over or just the extra load being delivered and their server in SG not being big enough/configured properly for it’s initial rollout.

If it isn’t something like that, that can be remedied, however, I think it’s more than reasonable to ask that something else could be done to remedy the problem.

There are a lot of people saying “200ms is fine to overseas server” which we all fully agree with, but we’re not getting that, some of us are getting worse than before.

I highly suspect many people saying they are getting 130-200 are talking about the echo IP they gave us, we all got good pings to that. But I suspect they aren’t testing //ping in-game and just don’t know the difference (as many don’t, most having played mmos on NA servers over the years).

As a reference im from melbourne australia and im getting around 450ms on Telsiai. I use WTFast and it drops down to 150ms. I dont know much about computers, but is there some sort of routing error? The way the data is being transferred?

That’s pretty much the case yes. Most traffic, especially from the East Coast is sent out through the trunk that connects to the West Coast US before it goes anywhere else, so the connection goes there then to SG, or even to Europe first. Thus why the ping is higher than the NA servers.

WTFast is a legitimate way to fix it. But there is a chance your account will get banned at current (of which you can appeal and most likely get unlocked), because all the botters and gold sellers use similar services and at current the banning is IP based (of which many share using those services) rather than account-by-account or other means of identification.

There is a Trunk that runs up through into Asia from Australia, Internode (and by proxy now, iiNet) own that trunk, but it’s never a priority for traffic, I believe because it’s far lower capacity than the east coast trunk that runs to the US.

For reference of how stupid this routing issue is, and why no one ever suspects it, here is a simple map of the submarine cables that connect the countries. Logically, our pings should be what out echo pings give us, 130-150.
But even then, when connecting to game server for some reason we end up routing through all sorts of different places and the only way to really fix these types of issues is to pay ISPs and the telecommunications holder to set up better routing application on their network.

It was such an issue that big games like League of Legends had to install their own infrastructure on a hardware level in order to get people within Australia to be able to play on the Australian/OCE region (hosted in Sydney I believe) to be able to connect properly and get the 30-90ms most get now (depending where you are, east or west coast or NZ).
Major ISPs were just uninterested in fixing the issue themselves.

EDIT:

Website for submarine cables if you’re interested.

today got home from work, and its been worse then ever, i never get skill freezes when using pingzapper or without, in NA servers.
But oh man its been worse then ever cant even use me skills properly
in SEA :confused:

thx for that @gloric.galaxy

Basically the thing is for some odd reason ppl are treating Australia like it is a single spot.

No one expect US east and US west to be getting similar ping to any server. Cutting across whole of Aus land mass from the east to the west and uses the exit terminal for a direct connection to SG is worse then taking the long distance to US west and from there go back to SG again.

TL:DR PPL on the east side should go for US west/east anyway.

This whole server transfer thing sucked for Australia. I hated that we were expected to make a decision on where to play before we even had the chance to try the SEA servers. It was not obvious for us because we aren’t a part of NA or SEA, but we were forced to choose which of the two to play on before we could even test them.

I knew of all the potential routing issues and even doing some ping tests I wasn’t seeing much improvement so I opted to stay in Klaipedia assuming it was the safer option. Now that the servers are out and I gave them a try they run significantly better for me, 140ms~ to SEA verses 260ms~ to US West.

Actually it is obvious currently SEA server is having some issue. Could be load balance.

The poor routing is talking about ppl who complain US east ping is slightly better to SEA. For example OP shows that his ping to echo server was 170ms. That would be his normal in game ping too IF he is the only single player trying to access iToS.