Tree of Savior Forum

Ausrine needs a nerf in PVP

Oh boy i cant wait to see people crying over sage immunity.

Revive was heavily nerfed in pvp it has now a fixed duration and a fixed time of invulnerability

Yes it has 30 seconds duration and 5 seconds invulnerability, plus 50% max HP recovered, which is more than enough to end most games if you ask me. And it doesn’t require a ritual like Ausrine.

1 Like

Combined with 5 Nuaele cards you could probably just laugh at DT damage. 1k+ MDEF is reachable if my math is right. Unfortunately I don’t have the gear or fodder cards to make it happen yet.

EDIT: didn’t have my coffee yet and auto correct

It’s not what I was talking about

1 or 2 people can rush to the other side faster than unmount/no swordie classes. So your strategy is to rush into 5 people ? You’ll leave your party when they buff you, buffs you certainly need ? Or do you mean everyone rush without any buff on them ?

It has been a long time I didn’t watch pvp but don’t you have 5 seconds to prepare the battle ?

You have 3 seconds to buff. Almost everyone will buff first and Ausrine later, since they want to maximize Ausrine time.

If you know they gonna do that, you can just use minimal amount of buff (Trot or Haste or Teleport) and rush to CC them while they run around the statue.

An example of a way to counter ausrine is to drop Icewall so they cannot merry-go-round anymore, start of vid - the wall will prevent melee classes of reaching middle map unless they would travel a long way too:

Note the cryo chrono sage uses Sage Blink & haste to rush (slow) ausrine activation, and drops ice wall.

Of course they could destroy the wall.
Everyone uses ausrine weirdly, tip:

1 Like

Yeah, revive and ress is way more powerful than aurisne. Ausrine is fine.

Most of the proposals here don’t really work to fix the problem.

There’s a really simple solution to fix Ausrine in pvp.

Limit the effect to a set radius around the Ausrine statue.

Hellyers isn’t wrong when he says you can outplay Ausrine, the problem is generally that people don’t even try to outplay it. Most people have a specific “tactic” that they use with their build every time and they attempt to do it in every game instead of adapting to the circumstances of the fight they happen to be in.

With that said, certain compositions can be pretty broken. Most of these would be fixed by limiting the range of Ausrine so that players can simply stay out of range of the invlunerability.

I guarantee half of the players in 5v5 will still ignore it and rush to their deaths, but it would be a start. Hopefully when premades are allowed in pvp people will learn more about the correct choices they should be making. The biggest problem wih 5v5 is 5 people all trying to play solo instead of as a team. This is why 2v2 is a much more rewarding experience.

I’m guessing that in testing IMC all play properly together and are also pretty friendly instead of playing by pretending to be the kinds of players that seek out the most broken and trolly tactics they can. Nobody wants to make their coworkers hate them.

1 Like

It’s the trump card of Dievs and nerfing it in any form, especially that way, will just make Dievs useless.

That nerf will only level Ausrine as a zoning tool and nothing else. Dievs already have plenty of zoning tools available with absolutely reasonable counterplay (waiting out the zoning, destructible statues). Ausrine has decent counterplay (waiting it out… or utilizing hard CC to waste time) but is still strong enough to give Dievs a reason to play PvP.

The thing is, Ausrine can’t kill or wipe out an enemy team by itself, and when it’s gone it’s not going to be a problem anymore for the rest of the fight.

Meanwhile I have no idea why nobody complains about Psychokinos anymore when they’re the most broken class in PvP since the beginning. Their whole kit is basically built to make anyone’s life a living hell even against PD’s. They’re basically the hidden “rail gun” option in a rock paper scissors game where they will sh*t on any other class they fight.

I’m okay seeing a nerf on Ausrine if they actually decide to nerf Psychokinos. But otherwise Ausrine is fine on its own.

2 Likes

Nah, diev is still strong without Ausrine, and that’s exactly why Ausrine doesn’t need a nerf. It’s a good skill, but not broken.

Why yes we do

Diev is useless without Ausrine, trust me. It’s the only skill in their tree that makes them worthwhile in PvP. Carve Owl and World Tree is decent but requires much needed support from the other members of your team to even work effectively. Otherwise they’re just there for zoning.

You will absolutely do no damage unless someone mistakenly wanders into Carve Owl range or if your other members will hold down enemies for you. The only way for Dievs to win is to get carried by your team through your support/zoning tools or the enemy team outplays themselves by wandering aimlessly into magic circles/statue range.

The poll you link shows disapproval for Kino nerfs (although I suppose the participants are obviously biased for Kino’s or Kino players themselves) and there still isn’t a very large base of support for nerfing Kinos at all if it’s just one old thread.

1 Like

What’s funny is I saw a thread with a kino player wanting Joint Penalty merged which I can say it is strong but it can be counterplayed. Kinos on the other hand I don’t see how to even fight then, the second you get caught you are pretty much screwed.

Didn’t they said in the patch notes that Ausrine will indeed be nerfed? As I know it won’t give timed immortality but like 10 hit protection?

One “weakness” of ausrine buff is excessive confidence of some players. If you have good damage output you can watch their buff bar and if ausrine have 3s or less and you have any form of damage counter (revive, revenge, counterspell, safety zone, high HP) you usually can follow and keep attacking the person. Once ausrine is over you usually kill the character.

You must be confusing Missile Hole with Ausrine. The most recent mention about Ausrine on kToS patch notes was about fixing a bug that caused it to have 2 seconds less duration than usual.

Quote:
’'Statue of Goddess Ausrine

• This skill will now provide protection for 15 times in PvP combat.’’

That’s a mistranslation. “Protection” in that context means the statue’s HP. Which means it has 15 HP, meaning it will be destroyed after 15 hits.

Look at the rest of the statues in the update notes you linked, you’ll notice the same lines for the rest of them. Would be pretty funny if all of those statues provided 10~15 hits invul buffs for everyone.

Oh I see - thanks for explaining :slight_smile:

In my opinion Ausrine is so pain-in-the-ass to use skill that it doesn’t need more nerf. Perhaps you’ll need to circle 10 times xd

time to necro this one, everyone needs a daily dose of Salt for Ausrine

1 Like