Tree of Savior Forum

Audio Output of the game

First of all, I’m very sorry if I offended those toxic people lurking in this good community by posting something to suggest an idea about the game.

Suggestion:
Is it possible to make an option where I(or the player) can choose where I can output the game’s sound/music.

For example, some people (like me) only have 1 PC and the relatives want to use the PC for music/watching movie/watching YT, etc. while I play the game. It means, the output of the sound of this game will go to the output where my relative use, like the other monitor or speaker.

What I want to suggest is while other people wants to use music or watch YT, the game can have a different output for the game’s sound/music to hear on Headphones for example.

Hope everyone or anyone can understand what I’m trying to say (Sorry for bad explanation).

And no toxic lurkers please! Say no to Hate! </3

So, two monitors, one sound output and they watch YT/listen to music on one monitor and you are playing on the other one?

What you essentially want is an option to select the audio device, which is possible to implement. However, you would still either need two sound cards, or have a soundcard that is able to treat different jacks (e.g. rear jack = speakers, front jack = headphones) as separate devices. Most Realtek chips are capable of that.

Just for giggles: what you’re asking is possible out-of-the-box on linux, without the programs having to implement anything… in a perfect world there’d be a linux ToS client…

1 Like

Eh… I don’t think that is an issue with the game more so than the problem would be an issue with the limitations of your computer. I haven’t researched extensively on audio splitting but I dunno. http://www.chevolume.com/ that might work or you can try tricking your OS by switching the default audio in “playback devices.” ie. play music in computer with defualt set as speakers and then switch default to headphones and play the game.

This might be kinda off-topic but I don’t think lurkers can be toxic per our definition of being toxic.They are quite the opposites of each other. :confused:

I don’t do gaming on Linux but I think it would be great if ToS can have a good working client for Linux. The gaming community on Linux needs more love plus SteamOS is going to come out soon. What’s about Mac? Prick Mac! Mac fans can go eat pricks! I pricking hate Apple!

Kind old post but is just what i was looking for.
What he wants is na option to chance the device, like in most games.

wow a 2004 game has it BnS a 2010 game has it ToS Does not.

I use the headphones to chat over TS and put some cartoons or movies or stream from twich on tv and wish i could set the sound to the monitor near me.

ToS uses the default device so the way to get this set up is, set the monitor(any device you want ) start the game after change to TV(any other device) phones set as comunication default.

Problem is when the game crash and it crash a lot the output goes to the TV.

An output option would make life simpler.