Tree of Savior Forum

Asking about FF14 or game that similar to this game

as everyone know, this game is very very very good on creating the content that make everyone can enjoy game together. i cant find anygame that btr than this
but every party must come to the end, due the change on farming field, upgrading on the content and high-lv end game

for ex. the Karaliene accessories, which we need the arch stone. in order to make the violet stone for the kalaliene material
we need these item for fight for ranking (everything in game) but the material is too hard to obtain
as for me. i believe plainly farm 15-20m per day is kinda hardcore. i need 3month to reach 1billion silver to make one ark, my hard work 3month gone in 5min. yet i still need 2billion more to complete the end game set (due the material cant be obtain from hardcore farm). 9moth for make end game gear. then the btr gear release. idk how long i have to hard core farm like this for watching my equipment waste like my first regard horn staff.
item in market price keep jump up more and more until my farming lv cant catch up. so i thinking this maybe my first and last complete review about this game

=================================================================

and about the topic one. i would like to know about FF14 is

• is this game is monthly airtime? if yes then how much it cost? and total cost?
  • this game hard to farm?
  • does it need rmt for end game content?

=========================
or theres any game that system is similar with this game but more stabilized? just like if party member dc in middle of raid then they can rejoin
or at least have good community open world but less bot

ty

ps. please dont delete my post. its alrdy in off topic and theres no any sarcasm in it

1 Like

genshin impact? Similar in term of anime-ish graphic

2 Likes

i alr test there. the game graphic and combat is good. no lag no disconnect issue
but is not like open world. we need to enter to other ppl world. so it need outside community application :sad: good for ppl which got friend group to play
(also the team lineup need to keep change for each raid. character from wish is abit hard to obtain)

ty for recommend

1 Like

FF14 is a great RPGMMO and a breath of fresh air when it comes to quality of life in comparison.
It won’t take you long to get to endgame and the story over multiple expansions is great. The community is friendly and you have a lot more freedom in what you want to play when it comes to jobs(classes); the differences between jobs is negligible at best unless you are doing super hardcore extreme raids for titles, so you can play whatever you enjoy.

They even have IMC as a raid boss in the story

As for your questions:

• no rmt required for anything, endgame gear is always available as you trade in dungeon and raid obtained currency to get the stuff you need and upgrade
  • sub is monthly, same as WOW, iir its $~10 to 15
    Depending on your country or region
  • game isn’t hard to farm because everyone is always farming for the same goal and doing the same dungeons/raids out on the current patch

Try the free trial and see from there

3 Likes

Not like ToS is more open world. Most of the time you are in CM, Uphill Defense, DCP, Singu, Weekly Boss Raid, Sole Hunt, etc.

agreed. but as for me not really join much public group so will be hard to find new friend or party there
(but i try party raid once. can say it very good)

ps. i alr quit after waste 130wish for klee

man ff 14 is just better in so many ways
unfortunately i dont like global cooldown thing
and i like tos arts style more
lets say square enix created a subscription based mmo with tos graphic style i will definitely join the game and left tos any day

I actually wanted to play FF14 but the problems I faced with it were so ridiculous that I decided to not give SquareEnix any money:

• I registered for closed beta for the original FF14 (the one that horrible failed)
  • I tried to play it but there were too many technical problems that I never even reached the login screen and uninstalled it again
  • When it went F2P I wanted to give it a try but it says because I registered 10 years ago for the other FF14 I’m not eligible for a free trial account

So yeah because I registered for another FF14 game which I could never play, I’m now forced to pay subscription and not allowed to try it out.

that free trial account problem can get solved easily.
at the end of day you will be forced to buy subscription because free account limitations are sucks
one of many of them is your character cap at lv 60 when the max caps is 80

Well I’m not going to pay for a game I didn’t get to try out first.

People have already answered the proposed questions, so I’m going to give you a third opinion-answer.

I got to test FFXIV, both the first version and the new one. What do you want me to tell you from my experience, even to this day I still prefer the old to the new, and above both, the classic FFXI.

Reasons? It is my opinion and is based on my personal tastes. The problem with the current FFXIV is that it does not have its own essence as an RPG, it seems like one more WoW clone (I have never liked that game) with typical names of the Square-Enix franchise, of course, having the Japanese players themselves as accomplices (with western collaboration).

The other important point for which I avoid it is how greedy this company is (the practices of the same company in its creations), they want more and more and do not hesitate to resell old video games, false remakes poorly optimized and others by phasic, to price of new.

The last point and reason for this opinion are the monthly payments. Do you pay for services? Do you pay maintenance? Do you pay personal? Do you pay for product? Perhaps in the first payment, but the following … No, you are buying air, gas that will volatilize at the minimum; In other words, you are going to lose not only money, but time, a lot of time invested in the game that you will never be able to recover nor will you have compensation the day they decide to turn off the servers or update the software to the latest generation (and your machine is unable to to move it). Rarely, if not ever, will they ever offer the bare minimum of software for you to be able to play their game even though they have turned off their service.

In short, if you are looking for an experience similar to ToS, I’m sorry, you will have the same experience everywhere with different packaging. My advice, try a well-priced B2P (not to be confused with micropayments or monthly payments) like Elder Scrolls Online, Black Desert or Guild Wars 2, and if you like it, stick with one of those.

The alternative is to play casual here or there on an official F2P (be it this one or another, like Runescape or Neverwinter), or join a private server with low-medium rates (there are some interesting old games like Ragnarok Online or Lineage 2) and spend your time free (and surplus) with other things (including offline video games), as well as joining a forum or role-playing room.