Tree of Savior Forum

Ask about Featherfoot and the curse state

Hi, I’m playing with a Featherfoot and I’m enjoying it a lot, but yesterday I discovered that Ngadhundi does not cause the Curse status even if the description says “Stab an enemy with a cursed knife”

What skills of the wizard tree really cause curse?
I discard Bone Pointing since its CD is very high and it is impractical to use.

Bone Pointing and Kurd from FF, Hexing from Bokor. (Ngad causes/caused Decay). Unless something changed, that’s the only skills that cause Curse to my knowledge.

I haven’t played for a while, but I believe kToS changed it at one point so Curse status itself don’t boost Dark Damage anymore, which was same time they made Decay not boost missile damage, but instead… Fire? Unsure if we have that update or not but I’m sure someone can confirm/correct me if I’m wrong with all this.

Featherfoot’s Bone Pointing + Kurdaitcha and Bokor’s Hexing are the only 3 skills that cause curse. Enervation’s skill description says it curses but I’ve try it and it doesn’t and it is a separate ailment by itself. Curse do not cause dark damage boost anymore, rather Bokor’s Hexing is the one that causes a 30% dark damage boost when you max the attribute for it.

I think decay/corruption increases physical and fire damage now. Get Bone Pointing to just 1 because it is good to continuously apply the curse to bosses

In this case I think the best option is to go for bokor, since hexing has a shorter CD and the status curse lasts longer.

Taking into account that the third class would be warlock, I do not know what other bokor skills would combine more.

I take more skill of zombies to help me tontra mobs or I go by Effigy for more damage against bosses?

Bokor + Featherfoot is a great pairing. I personally only need Hexing (I ignored Kurdaitcha and Bone Pointing completely, maximizing Blood Sucking instead). Low cooldown, long duration, better than the alternatives.

The zombies help a lot, since FF is a melee magician. Effigy is useful due to its low cooldown. Since you plan to pick Warlock, you should max it. I’d suggest Zombify 15, Effigy 15, Dambala 5, Samedieve 5, Bwa 1 and Hexing 4. If you want, you can also put less points in Zombify or Effigy to increase Hexing.

Be aware that Warlock skills have a long cooldown, so this build can be quite tricky (not much CC and the only spammable skill is Effigy).

Damballa can also be used continuously when used right. I personally run a Warlock - Bokor - Shadowmancer (instead of FF I use SM instead) as a Dark Mage sub wizard. Probably works around the same as Warlock - Bokor - Featherfoot.

In challenge modes, I find myself using Damballa almost every single time it is off cooldown because it does a lot of damage and zombies respawn after that. After that it is using 1 or 2 Warlock skills and Shadowmancer’s Shadow Conjuration/Shadow Consensation. However AOE wise it still lacks compared to most other fire/ice/lightning builds. For comparison, in same challenge mode 5 in the same map with my 9k matk, I can reach the boss in less than 4 min on Pyromancer - Elementalist - Taoist, but I take around 2-3 more minutes on my Warlock - Bokor - Shadowmancer.

I feel that the dark based classes need some sort of buff. The AOE spells don’t do as much damage for the high CD that they have compared to other AOE skills. Either a shorter cooldown or a high damage would be nice.

Thanks for the answers, I finally think that you left the following compilation although I will take the bokor class to the last one because of a change of idea of what skills to take:

https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y4kh7ppv

Another question I have is that if I have to bet on a staff, rod and shield or rod and dagger

For example, I saw that Wastrel Dagger adds holy and dark damage damage, but it is not clear to me if it adds to the spells or only to the basic attack, if it applied to the spells it could compensate for the loss of damage against the staff but with the speed of the rod

About the skills, don’t forget that you need at least 1 point in Blood Bath to enable the FF attribute Increased Recovery. Tet Mamak La is also useful to organize the zombies (and very cheap, 1 point only).

Between Rod and Staff, Rod is usually better, but it depends really on the equipment. With a Rod you can use shields, aiming for more bonuses and survivability, but it is more expensive, (2 pieces instead of 1). Same thing for daggers. More equipment means more bonuses. For example:

With a Staff LV. 380, you can have:

-matk 5200
-INT +60
-SPR +48
-Add. Fire Damage +120
-Add. Damage vs. Insect +230

With a Rod and a Shield LV. 380, you can have:

-matk 4500
-INT +60
-SPR +48
-Add. Fire Damage +120
-Add. Damage vs. Insect +230

And also:

-pdef 2800
-INT +60
-SPR +48
-Fire Resistance +120
-Ice Resistance +200

As you can see, you have twice the bonuses. Same thing applies for dagger. That doesn’t mean staff is always worse (I myself use a Staff), but before choosing your equipment, check if the bonuses from a the Staff (combined with the matk) are more worthy than the ones in the Rod+Shield or Rod+Dagger.

About your question, when a equipment says Add. elemental damage X, it means that each hit (auto-attack and skills) will be added a fixed amount of damage of X. For multi-hit skills, each hit will be added this amount.

I skipped the attribute because I found little to lose a skill point, it may be my feeling but the automatic recovery is too slow to be relevant.