Tree of Savior Forum

Armor durability wears down too fast

While I can enjoy having to avoid and tank many monsters, my armor simply can’t.

The armor durability system is still the same as the pre-rebalance one, but with the increased mob density and respawn number, armor wears down pretty fast, especially when getting hit by magic and ranged attacks, which are hard to dodge/avoid.

That’s why I think it would be nice to revamp the armor system a little, making the different armor types more useful in actual combat.

It would be nice if the armor type and deterioration-rate by different types of attack would be corresponding with each other,
e.g.

• a melee attack wears down a plate armor by 50% of the current rate, leather armor by 75% of the current rate and cloth armor by 100% of the current rate

• a missile attack wears down a plate armor by 100% of the current rate, leather armor by 50% of the current rate and cloth armor by 100% of the current rate

• a magic attack wears down a plate armor by 100% of the current rate, leather armor by 75% of the current rate and cloth armor by 50% of the current rate

that way armor can be used not only to correspond to attack types to negate damage boni but also to reduce the burden on your defensive capability when getting attacked.

It would also make leather armor a better all-around choice, compensating for its otherwise rather small boni from the armor attribute.

3 Likes