Tree of Savior Forum

Are we getting fewer players?

Oh, yes, I know it’s a really popular game… and even so, there’s always people being negative. It’s a hobby, I suppose.

I like TOS, but I’m casual player, I don’t PvP, nor do Velcoffer/ET so… for me, most of the… uhn… errors are not that annoying. Maybe that’s why I’m quite chill about these problems.

And hey, could be worse… could be Aeria/X-Legend… :persevere:

Usually a mmorpg survive by retaining its player during the first month they launch. Some good examples are wow bdo and gw2. Or in rare occasion ff14 where they failed their launch and later did a complete remake with stormblood(or whatever the expansion is) which brings players back to the game.

It is indeed abit too late for TOS, since all the majority player had already left. However there are still chance that IMC may be able to pull it off and bring most of the player back.

I have friends who are willing to come back to the game. But as its current state I wouldnt recommend them to come back yet. Even when many things had been improved but yet the game is far from perfect.

I consider my self to be very flexible with the word p2w. TOS havent reach that stage where everything needs to be bought by real cash. If you want to see real p2w example see Trickster Online. Oh damn good old days, every equipment can be bought from that stupid myshop.

True that the new TP items are very disappointing. And is clearly aiming towards p2w business model. Since its only obtainable through tp shop. Would be less forgiving if they also give it to us in events and maybe raid cubes?

1 Like

I’m all for disliking the negativity but the point for any game’s forums is for the the community. Complaints and compliments are born in these threads.

BDO does have an extremely controversial community, there’s tons of well written contributions and videos of the likes and dislikes. Most of them will always end on try it for yourself, but I will always keep those reviews in mind, but it comes down to Boat’s quote.

A good game yields more positivity, in population, in fan based content and in comments on the forums. There’s a lot of people who’ve left this game either being their first MMO or something they got into and I can tell you they’re much happier playing another.

And seeing the comment from Excrulon is heart breaking. I’ve made a comment about how tickets are handled with ToS. It was a small snide comment about their customer service. They’re mostly automated, when there was the MrPay2win posts going, the very nature of us sending a ticketed request to unlock our TP spending limit responses were the same as him. That’s frustrating to see our company not treat us like an individual. Is his case extreme? Yes, but customer service is extremely important to any company dealing with a consumer. Did IMC go out the way to try and make the situation alright? They did, and I applaud them for it. Even if it was a mess, both parties were justified even if we dislike it.

I’m unsure if it’s a money thing or a language barrier between not having enough English speaking employees. However this is the example of a good company and why I sing their praises as a developer and a business.

I purchased a raid item with a token based currency you can earn after killing raid bosses to purchase items int heir drop table. It’s capped to how much you can get a week and on average it takes about 4 weeks to earn the amount needed for most items. You’re limited to 1 chest per boss a week (it’s personalized drops, could be a raid table item, could be various loot not on it), but with 4 wings at the time, there were roughly 12 bosses+ and most of the raids can take 30 to hours to clear. Ton’s of content.

My raid later ironically told me to wait but I honestly wanted the gavel for how nice it looked. When we finished Saul that week, it dropped, the exact same hammer and statline. We got some good memes out of it. Arena(dot)net was nice enough to refund it, and this is not the first time they’ve been wonderful to me with an inquiry or an issue with an item. This was within a day or two time frame as well. They are brilliant and their success shows.

I am a customer for life, even if I’ve seen most of the game has to offer. I can still log on to do some PvP, takes less than a minute to get in a match. I will buy their expansions if I can and not even play them later even after the hype of the Maps die down. I still come on and talk to my guilds and talk to people in the community. There are milestones in between Guild Wars 2 and Tree of Savior.

On the nature of ToS, a few weeks prior Velcoffer sometimes has an issue with not distrusting cubes, even after the run completes.

I was baffled and although the nature of it has to be, submit a ticket for file reference, then msg or make a post on it on the forums. The fact that we have to publicly handle some issues is a turn off and a general amount of people don’t use the forums seems very counter intuitive to solving issues. All ticket based submissions on major games I’ve played have resolved with human interaction from my experiences.

When someone reached out for me to IMC, they simply stated go do another Velcoffer run. It’s just another minor issue that piles up to add to complaints or discussions.

What IMC is lacking now is reach, perhaps they just don’t have pockets deep enough to market their game like the big players in the genre. BDO, FFXIV all heavily market their game through numerous media channels, collaborations and such.

if the current iToS attracted 50k players at the start and am now left with 5-6% of players, increasing the reach to attract 500k (10x) players will allow the player base to hit 10x too when the hype subsided.

IMC please do some collabs, like the recent Monster Hunter x FFXIV collab brought awareness of the 2 IPs in the 2 player communities. It helps quite a fair bit in reaching out to audiences in other communities and gives the existing players things to do too.

Anime is a good start since the game features anime-like graphics, for example, a collaboration with FMA giving a Roy Mustang costume to pyromancers and an FMA styled event helps the game reach to fans of the anime to look into the game.

5 Likes

They could use Rank10 as a marketing purpose. Give the patch a more meaningful name than “Rank 10 Update” to appeal more and do some short videos, showing maps and skills. Advertise them and work with those MMO sites also might be a good idea.

YouTube is a nice place to farm new players too. Specially with people that create content and/or stream

They have nice opportunities ahead, they need to take the time to do it

1 Like

oh, please, that was just a small exemple. Really, really small. The hole goes deep, mate.

Well, in my pont of view there is no point in playing if not to be competitive.
Most of those are not here to compete, will not even get the second char in lv 360.

Clearly newcomers

you said weeks, minimum of 14 days, right?
Tos have been closed for one day in the 4° day of official release.

Numbers dont lie.
42k > 1.2k

:clap::clap:
Reality hurts a ■■■■ load right sir White Seiran?

1 Like

I’ll just quit the forums, the toxicity is unbearable. Just circlejerk about how bad is the game and how low is it sinking, it will surely make the population grow. Regards.
Only god knows what elation you guys find in this

1 Like

I know how it is… I used to play Ragnarok 2 published by Aeria… suddenly, and without very much of a warning they stopped supporting it. The publisher, Warpportal, had to make ‘emergency migrations’ for all the Aeria accounts. The GM kept constant contact with me, always update me of the situation, and even if took 9 months for them to fix the mess Aeria caused, I was not annoyed because the GM sent me weekly updates of the situation.

I think language may be a great barrier here, but probably the biggest problem with IMC is understaffing.

1 Like

So you should give other examples to back your claim because people are not getting ignored.

Check every many of the suggestions threads or even like the RMT thread, the Staffs are listening to player suggestion, check the ToS Magazine as well.

So if you want to compete with someone that have been around for 2 years in every single game it’s going to take a lot of hours played.

That’s just natural, if any player with 500 hours can compete with anyone with 8000 hours invested, wouldn’t it actually annoy the old players?

Sorry but like I said, you’re talking about newcomers and then trying to compare then to top tier players. That’s an invalid argument.

Like I answered you, there’s no need for a +21 T10 gear to play.

Unrelated to current discussion.

Already answered: Newcomers will take long to compete with people who are playing since official launch in every single game. Otherwise you’re killing the competition in the other end.

The time required to be able to make +21 T10 is actually pretty short if you actually play the game a decent number of hours per day. So that’s not even a valid argument and not even a “competition”.

I said the number changes in the first few weeks, can be from first day to even like 2 months or so. It’s the best word I can think that accurately shows the period where this happens (can even last like, for a good amount of months or more):
2018-07-14_17-13

Like I said, many games have problems in launch, especially when it comes to server x expected populations with not-so-big companies.

It’s been 1.3k CCU stable for quite some time now, even with the amount of bots being banned.

That means it’s stable and that new people are checking the game with latest patches, which is observable as well with returning players.

I mean, if you play the game you noticed it, if you only doompost on forums, you won’t notice.

Plus numbers can’t lie but people can build lies on top of data or completely miss the point the numbers mean.

A low number doesn’t mean, for example, that +40 weapons abused hack tools to get their weapons. This didn’t happen and IMC put an announcement up and even posted the number of Diamond Anvils used.

A low number, for another example, doesn’t mean that your tickets get ignored.

Now, reality:
My tickets gets answered usually within 2 hours. Daily bot reports makes them most of time get banned within the same day.

A lot of user suggestions have been implemented or cited on ToS Magazines.

Lot of users that were banned by new automatic algorithms had their ban removed quite fast (considering some explicitly mimicked RMTbot behaviors).

Some new UI features were added based on addons.

We are even getting now a temporary maintenance in middle of the week to fix current known issues.

Can you see now what I mean by doomposters and trolls are exaggerating?

Also, for you case, it might hurt being a troll and getting ignored like you did here:

It’s a matter of being able to ignore the toxicity.

The game is dead when I have nothing to do and get bored of it. That’s all there is to it (or when the publisher finally dies and closes it).

Tens of thousands of people have left dozens of games without leaving some shitposting. Those that leave doomposts, even the intelligent, logical ones, all got repetitive, and I learned to just tune them out.

1 Like

You know what, this is actually a pretty good idea especially since ToS is anime based in grphics

Let me share this… The mmorpg I played years ago actually had the one you are suggesting. You guys know what? Costumes there, or so called “apparels”, many are based on many various popular animes like One Piece, Naruto, even movies like Pirates of Carribbean. On top of that, you can actually choose PER gear which apparel you want. So if you get the idea, customizing look is very high as you can mix n match. Original server shut down but I think it is called PKO now just for nyone who wanna see what I am talking about

I still want this game to grow I can see its potential. I just hope I am still playing to be able to see that in time

As a somewhat casual 2yr player myself, I feel like the one thing that usually winds up pushing me away from this game for a few months at a time is the gearing and the class limitations. I’m not going to go into gearing because too many people here already know exactly how it is.

As far as class limitations go, there are a number of classes people take to c2-c3 for only 1 or 2 skills, there are just bad classes you won’t touch in general, and some have some sort of weapon limitation (swordies and archers only) that don’t make any literal sense.
Ex: Why is Trident Finisher only usable unmounted, and only with a one-handed spear? Why can’t Gu Pot or Jincan be used mounted, but Miasma can? The list goes on.

Advertising this game would obviously help a lot, but I think they should focus on fixing the early classes before they do. Too many classes in the game are still pretty awful, which would definitely turn new first-time players away. Making content more challenging throughout the entire game and not only at the end too, but that’s pretty hard to fix tbh.

4 Likes

Yeah there’s that… I think the others have the same feeling about it…

I mean we want the game to survive but do we, as the current players ourselves, will be confident enough to even invite our friends to play and try out the game…? Hmm, not everyone may be confident to say yes… Especially that the game is on Steam and obviously has tons of competition, and the fact that mmorpg genre is not as popular anymore. That is why I keep saying player retention is very important

1 Like

So, begone troll.

Why should I toss gems to the pigs?
If you dont belive me, can’t help it. :chipmunk:

I’m old player. I would not mind it. Acutually I would love to equip faster all my alts.

Wrong.

:clap::clap:

1 Like

Like I said on reddit, on the thread with the dude quitting

I wonder how many people quit because of the enhancement system.

Maybe the only ones left here, like us, have accepted the horrible system, and thus only have bots&friends to complain about (Perhaps its the stockholm syndrome speaking).

:haha:

Edit: @Amber_Rei Most of the reasonable folks call the official forums a cesspool of cancer, anyway.

I mean, its filled with loudmouthed autistic trolls, like all of us.

:prince:

1 Like

Yeah… i am not really “doomposting”… I am probably just being vocal to be heard. Apart from that, people who have quitted probably just hve quitted altogether without saying anything. Just like that, no explanations. So i guess ppl like me who “complain” or being vocal is still something positive if you look at it from a different perspective

6 Likes

Having a ton of fun doing that over and over. Breaks the monotony of dailies…

I’m sure all the guys running these bots 24/7 would disagree with you :wink:

I’m playing for more than a year now and I still don’t have one… However, I’ve seen cheap +11 to +16 ones in the market recently, and I’m sure a newcomer playing for a few months would now have the opportunity to acquire decent equipment. Also nice vid :wink:

PS: the +18 solmiki staff I’ve been drooling on for weeks is now at 450M in the market instead of 600M; 25% less time required to get the money for it :smiley:

I’m still using his add ons. I don’t understand why such useful features are not incorporated in the game permanently.

Behave, this is no place for profanity :heeey:

1 Like

This so much.

/20characters

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.