Tree of Savior Forum

Are Pyromancer skills unusable late game?

I really like Pyro c2 but after looking at the damage of skills of later classes, im beginning to doubt I’d still continue using them later on. Can you guys recommend something? I wouldn’t mind rerolling.

I’ve tried c2 cryo but it was too boring for me, outside of parties.

The classes I like based on information I’ve read and videos I’ve seen are Pyro, Thaum, Linker and Kino but they don’t necessarily have to come together (Maybe just a build focused on one or two of those?). I’ll be purely playing PvE and will mostly be with my Monk and Fletcher friend.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I actually went for cryo in the first place because of videos I’ve seen of people doing ET. All those icewall tricks and the tree looked like so much fun. But I’m very impatient with games, I guess. When it’s feeling too grindy and I’m not having fun, I close the game and do something else.

I stopped playing MMOs for a few years because of this. Only started again on this game because of friends

Lv15 Fireball has 1500% total modifier if all hits. 2 Fireball = 3000% with 15s cooldown if you don’t use Fireball Debuff attribute.

These huge modifiers are pretty rare in the game making Pyro one of the best DPS that scales even till end-game.

1 Like

Base damage are fixed and will eventually fall off. What matters is the modifiers, it takes damage from your base attack meaning as long as you are heavily geared, your damage on fireball will scale better.

Pyro C3 is one of the most popular Wiz DPS still on KR because of the high DPS of fireball. Fireball lasts long enough that you can just push it back to bosses if ever it was smacked away.

I had a Pyro C3 on CBT2 and I don’t join parties when world bossing yet I get a cube, “always”.

If other skill have high base damage enough to be relevant to a Lv200+ content then I would agree that is fine, the problem is, the game has Lv600 cap, by then, those skills with low modifier but high base damage will obviously fall off. Meanwhile Pyromancer enjoys their skill that infinitely scales through any content.

Again, it’s easy to push back fireballs to bosses. It will tick faster than usual if it’s pushed unlike if you use it just near an enemy where it ticks slowly. Then again, obviously as a Cryo C3, you didn’t know about that which is why you’re judging Fireball as a bad skill.

You can’t push your fireballs with Arde on, you gotta keep switching weapons to staff non-stop which sucks.

You can push fireballs with Arde. Been there, done that.

5 Likes

Without Linker, Pyro’s Fireball is pretty meh while grinding mobs. In boss, it is good.
3000% seems high but when you are farming 5-10 mobs, it falls off very quickly. Let’s take Frost Cloud from ele as an example. It hits 30 times in 10s with double the CD of Fireball. However, when group 5-10 mobs, it is 15000% and 30000% of your matk ( so 5 to 10 more damaging than Fireball).

Its not 3000%, its 15 tick * 2 Fireball * 100%… Its seems the same but is very different. 1 because it’s really hard u hit all damage, and 2, because every damage is reduced from monster defense… So, if u hit all, it’s 3000% - 3000% the opponent defense

3 Likes

It is not terribly hard to hit all of it since the duration is long and you can move it. Yes monster defense is a factor but so is bonus elemental damage and other source off buff that scale with multi hit

I’m having a blast with Cryo 3 - sorcerer combo, I suck in enemies with tree then skewer them with my trusty Temple Shooter buddy.

Been there in ktos, couldn’t push fireballs with rods. Probably did something wrong. But what?..

Press letter C while equipped with Arde. That’s it.

1 Like

Hmm… Maybe you can do it with a dagger on, but I couldn’t do it with a rod (without a dagger) so I assumed that it wouldn’t work. I made a Pyro 2 for testing there, but didn’t level it up to 75.

its sub weapon -_-

20char

Yeah, you have to push it with subweapon attack. Only physical, melee hits can move it.