Tree of Savior Forum

Are 2 prac weapons that worth it?

By that logic, comparing a blue HG weapon to a gale slasher will make blue HG weap better because you can get stage 3 transcendence with the “silver needed” to get a clean gale slasher (assuming current klaipeda prices).

I get what you’re saying, but orange seems like a reasonable endgame weapon to me seeing as how we have no news of rank9 coming anytime soon (and whether rank9 gear will make rank8 gear obsolete is still TBD).

I never said gale is better because it is cheaper than sarkmis. What i ACTUALLY said is if you want to compare them, do it when they have the same amount of investment on them.

Firstly, there’s more than one way to make a comparison, so I find it kinda absurd that you’re telling me I cannot make a comparison without following your rules.

Secondly, nowhere did I say I was comparing investment vs. damage. In fact, I wasn’t even really making a comparison in the first place since I never said one was better than the other, I was making a point that 2 prac weap for endgame min-maxing is worth the investment because:

• The difference in stats between orange and purple is quite noticeable

• Solmiki weapon takes so much time and silver investment that orange weapon is practically the best weapon many players can ever get realistically.

• Orange weapon will cut down the time it takes to do solmiki for armors

The only reason I even showed Gale Slasher and Sarkmis side by side in Trans 6 and +11 is because those are (in my opinion) realistic endgame levels to achieve…Trans 6–>7 costs too many gems, and getting over +11 enhancement is hard.

Just rambling…
Sarkmis in Klaipeda costs roughly 80-90mil more to make than a Gale Slasher, but when enhancement and transcendence drastically gets less likely/rewarding past +11 and stage 6 respectively, that 80-90mil is chump change considering it doesn’t even give you enough silver to get past the 6–>7 transcendence wall.

Psh, that cost is nothing to someone rich enough to consider the question of whether or not it’s worth getting a 2 prac weapon or just go straight for solmiki in the first place. By the time you’re strong and crazy enough and have enough time to run Solmiki a bajillion times for the weapon, the extra cost of making a 2 prac weapon is pocket change.

Koreans are only just getting solmiki weapons just NOW after months from what I heard. I’d gladly pay an extra 80 mil for a 2 prac weapon to use in Solmiki during that time rather than have to be stuck with a 1 prac weapon for MONTHS.

(the bigger issue I’d have with getting a 2 prac weapon is how soon R9 will come out with increased level cap and equipment to make it obsolete, but it’s rather hard to gauge that when R9 hasn’t even been announced yet and we also don’t know how hard and long it’d be to get a level 400+ whatever weapon that’d outclass it either)

I think Puple 320 Hg 2-h sword >Galeslasher if it has 3 or 4 slots.
Galeslasher´s stats are bad and sarkmis stats are a huge dmg boost beside the higher atk the higher upgrade value + more sockets.

The 1 prac mace seems to be the new five hammer now.

Well the difference between my +11 Skull Smasher Trans 7 3x Red Gem lvl 7 to my previous +11 Vienarazis Mace Trans 7 2x Red Gem lvl 7 is about 433 average Physical Attack, wich represents about 7% of my total physical attack (taking into account all the weapon bonus and weapon maintenance).

So changing from a 1 prac weapon to a 2 prac weapon got me a total of 7% increased damage. I only invested into it because it was the cheapest option to get this increase in DPS since all attributes are already high level and further transcending my Vienarazis into 9, wich would net me the same PAtk increase, would cost about the same as doing a Skull Smasher.

It’s all about investment x return. If your attributes are ranging into 40-50 lvls it’s obviously better to invest into attributes instead of upgrading to a 2 prac weapon. The same goes if your weapon has low-mid level transcendence.

Invest into what gives you the most damage for the smallest cost.

1 Like

Something to highlight here. Although the difference between the 1 practo and 2 practo isn’t that high, like 200-400 patk after anvil etc, the difference in total damage output is there. This is due to the skills now having a % based damage which relies on high atk power to shine.

damage = (% increase factor) x attackA x min {1, log10 ((attackB / (defense + 1))^0.9 + 1)} + (+ increase)

Taken from greyhiem’s awesome thread

Discounting crits, attackA and attackB are generally the attack value in the F1 status window. With a high % increase factor (take 1000% for instance), a 400 atk difference will be translated to a lot more damage, since high % amplifies the atk value and also get a higher number from the log defence calculation.

So, if the player’s skill attack % is low, like our poor Krivis and his/her 82% Zaibas, the difference in damage between a 1 practo Vien Mace vs a 2 practo Skull Smasher isn’t really that far apart to be worth investing. But, on skills with a high %, the difference between the 2 weapons can be easily seen.

It really depends on the build of the character. If the player runs a C2 Diev3 Krivis3. It will be much better to just stick to Vien Mace and use the additional free up resources to invest in other areas.

2 Likes

Why would you like to compare thing if they are not fair in the first place? If you want to know which one is better, don’t you like to know how much benefit you will get from investing the same amount of effort into them?

Or you are telling me there is a better way and fair way to compare them? then tell me, i am listening.

yea you don’t. I am the one who said it is better to compare the amount of investment vs benefit that you get between those 2 weapons. Again, if you have a better method. tell me.

Why would you even said +11 trans 6 is a realistic endgame level to achieve when you are using the same amount of investment to get +11 trans 8 gale for a +11 trans 6 sarkmis?

+7 will require 36 bg. +8 will require 47 bg. That is 83 bg. Isnt it roughly 80-90m right now?

you are currently in a topic where someone asking whether it is worth it or not getting a 2 practo weapon. Do you really think that OP have that kind of money in the first place?

2 practo weapon is basically if you have to ask whether it is worth it or not, it probably isnt worth it for you personally.

If you have 2 practo weapon, then you know you can afford it and dont need to worry about investment vs benefit crap aka, you are rich and can get the BiS gear that you want.

Go re-read the original OP instead of just the OP topic title.

The OP is considering doing solmiki, and my reply was clearly with that in mind.

If the OP truly is serious about doing Solmiki (which the OP stated were his intentions), then the OP needs to realize that there will be time to get the money for a 2 prac weapon during that time. Because getting a solmiki weapon is a LOT of friggin’ TIME.

Nope, 80-90 mil is around 57-64 blessed gems (klaipeda).

I guess you would be able to get a trans 5 Gale Slasher with the money needed to upgrade to Sarkmis, but this is a moot point because you can get a higher transcendence with a blue HG weapon with the money it took to make that sarkmis in the first place.

My point was that getting +11 orange weapon trans 6 is worth the investment if you’re planning on getting solmiki. I never compared the investment/damage, but if you want to make that comparison to make your own argument, by all means go ahead.

Instead of making assumptions, you should realize OP has already crafted and transcended a Sarkmis prior to creating this thread. Probably is asking the question because he is considering investing more into transcendence or just asking to know others’ opinions.

1 Like

Then how do you compare those 2? Simply because sarkmis deal more damage?

asking whether “crafting a weapon is worth it” is different than asking “which weapon is the best” or “which weapon deal more damage”. And you seem to keep on saying that Sarkmis is a better 2 hand sword than Gale slasher which everyone know. But the question that OP ask is “whether it is worth it”. And doesn’t that mean we are suppose to talk about investment/benefit in this case?

… so if people said it isnt worth it, what will op do? stop trans-ing his 2practo weapon? Sell his weapon? Why do you even bother to ask if it is worth it if you already have one.

You’re absolutely right. I was talking about a related subject on a different thread involving the damage increases from STR.

I find it useful to calculate total skill factor in a rotation.

To use myself as an example I have (very) roughly 19071% Skill Factor per rotation. Using a Wingshard and Pygry Spear both +11 Trans Stage 5 on a 1000 DEF enemy:

Wingshard:

190.71*3438*log10((3438/(1000+1))^0.9+1) = 397290

Pygry:

190.71*2923*log10((2923/(1000+1))^0.9+1) = 311673

80000+ damage per rotation. Now imagine with the better sub stats, higher Transcendence, extra gem slot, Glass Moles, and debuffs. The damage quickly adds up and even the seemingly small damage differences can equal millions of damage in a prolonged fight, or over the course of a farming session.

3 Likes

You already answered your own question…he could do either of those things. Or he was asking for friends/guildmates considering in not investing?..or are you saying people should only ask questions about their investments if they haven’t done anything yet?

Yes. If you already craft the weapon, then why bother asking if it is worth it to craft that weapon.

if he is asking for someone else who still considering about crafting 2 practo weapon, good for him. I hope he find the answer that he is looking for.

if he asking for himself while already crafted one, why even bother?

It is good if you afford the time and cost.
But invest in weapon as you know will be shadowed when new content coming.

Especially if you transcend it to high stage, pretty much you need to break the weapon and get the bless shards for newer weapon.

Content wise, you dont need that, but if you are happy to see the number then its worth.

Depends on server.

In Telsiai right now, you are stupid if you dont own 2 pract weapons.

I’m on of those people then haha :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

ofc it’s worth

blessed gem used at stage5-7 or later increase a lot

getting orange weapon is cheapest way to have better dps

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.