Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone tried making a Sw1 Pel1 Hop3 Corsair3 exclusively for farming?

If so, how does it fair?

I’m thinking of a build as follows (please ignore the unspent skill points, I just picked ones I’d be using in rotation):

Weapon would be Spear + Gun (I have a +16 Geras if that helps) then 3 x Gazing Golem if needed. Rotation would be SB > spam Spear Throw > Pistol Shot for leftovers. I aim to farm 315 mats and 315 HG.

I already have a Sw3 Barb1 Corsair3 Shinobi at the moment, but while it’s great for dungeon bossing as well, I feel like I can farm faster and more with a different build.

Thoughts?

Hello! Spears are great against medium and large sized mob, but considering that its a Geras Spear, which is really outdated, plus spear throw damage is not that significant anymore, i dont think its worth it to take hop3 just for the spear throw. HG mobs doesn’t do knockbacks and such though to my experience, so Gazing golems might not be necessary, i would recommend these cards from the purple group:

Lepus: Attack speed +[★] when equipping one-handed weapons.
Canceril: [★]% chance of recovering 2% HP when hit by Medium-type monsters
Cerberus: [★]% chance of recovering 3% SP when hit by Medium-sized monsters

To be honest though, all you need is to get enough survivability against mobs, and attack speed helps too, attacking faster and try to proc the pillaging effect.

I am too, using a sw farmer, i am using this build stated down below, it serves me great atm.
Why doppel? Sometimes you might come across Clover mobs, killing it without X2 multiplier skill is definitely a waste, so DPE is there to help you, and the key skill in Dop1’s kit besides DPE is Cyclone, the wave clearing it provides is absolutely amazing if you gather the mobs small enough to hit them all at once with Cyclone.If you’re using Sw2 and above, retrain+cyclone can be a really good CC+DPS combination.

2 Likes

Thanks for tips. I’ve considered that same class build as well as I do used to have a Dopel myself. I do find it hard to justify picking Sword C2 and C3 just for farming and think other classes might best replace those 2 ranks.

You need not have to force yourself to pick Sw2/Sw3, you can always pick Highlander if you want a higher dps filler class option ^o^ I’m kinda used to pick sw3 as my filler class since Double Slash is more than enough to help me secure the mobs when DPE is active. moreover high level of Concentrate can give me quite an amount of damage within a period of time, as of now it gives me 1.7k additional damage when Concentrate is active(My Concentrate is Lv16 since i have skill gem on my pants) so i don’t have to really rely on high blessing damage during farming. In the end, farming builds have to follow your own preferred playstyle as well, whether it is choosing between thau ff/cors farming and filler classes within these.

1 Like

Hello Zerofox,

@Michiru Hoplite 3 isn’t only spear throw. Spear corsair are actually taking great benefits from the medium hunting attribute from Hoplite 3 for farming purposes. It benefits on all your damage (even the off-hand damage when using DWA). Don’t forget that spears also got a better damage range than swords (even without considering the free bonus attack for medium and large). Finestra is also a really nice skill to get for the free +3 AoE ratio and the free crit rate. A lvl 17 finestra obtained with a Zega spear (buff with the weapon and switch) gives you at least 25% crit (220^0.6).

Spear throw is a really good skill to dispatch pack of monsters.
This skill can easily 1 or 2 shots packs of monsters at Long range (pushing its Skill ratio up too a base 996%). If you combined it with the fact that you don’t have to recover the spear anymore and the bind attribute, it really eases 315 Mats farming.

My second corsair has this build

Pirates didn’t use swords

He can really easily farm any 315 mats.

My first corsair has the following build, blue 315 weapons (+6-7 0 trans). He is full STR with DEX cards and 170 purple leather:

Yarh

It is really easy to farm mats as well but when both Pistol shots and cyclone are in Cd, it becomes harder. It lacks the short aoe skill given by Spear Throw.
I agree on the fact that DPE is amazing on Silver and Gold mobs. Cyclone is also a good skill even if the long cooldown is an issue.

1 Like

Ah yes, my apologies for neglecting Finestra’s buff, i have to agree with your statement, the dps that hop3 provides are very high from all the attributes and buffs, given that Spear Throw has a fairly short cooldown and its spammable(gotta prepare those mana pots), you can take down mobs fairly quickly also considering Spears gives bonus damage towards medium and large sized mobs.

But given that ZeroFox is picking Pelt1 assuming its for Swash Buckling skill to make it easier to pull in mobs, isn’t it kinda contradicting to maximize Spear Throw’s damage since you need to be at Spear Throw’s max throwing range? Unless one plans to swash&gather > spear throw bind > run far enough to cast spear throw again for max damage? Normally mobs would be spread out for spear throw might only hit a few mobs from a far on normal condition. Pelt’s Swash Buckling is a great skill for sw farmers though, it really saves up the time for you to hit the mobs one by one with melee/pistol to gather them together. If Pelt is not included in the build anymore, ignore what i’ve just typed. :o or maybe i’m just narrow-minded, since i don’t really know how much Spear Throw can do in short range.

As of now though, its kinda troublesome to switch weapons from time to time as the Weapon switching function is currently bugged, sometimes switching weapon may cause your weapons to be unequipped unintended. It’s a hassle to switch from my main sword to durandal to get the buffs i need then switch back. it should be the similar case to zega spear switch buffing too, hope IMC can fix it soon.

1 Like

Yeah, Double Slash is kinda strong. Question: Does DS consume two DPE hits or just one per skill use?

Couldn’t agree more. I did try that wiz farmer build but can’t really make myself comfortable playing a Wiz class. Cleric is probably the closest thing I can play on a magic class.

@Parmenion thanks for your input. I used to have a Hop3 as well but never had Corsair3 in the same build. Do you think it’s worth picking Pelt over Doppel? I kinda got used to the convenience of being able to aggro more than 5 with SBuckling (quest aggro is still limited to 5) and the additional 25% block increase, and I think I really won’t need to use Corsair skills in my rotation (maybe switch to pistol if I have to use Pistol Shot).

Oh man I forgot about that change. Thanks for the heads up. I’m still wondering though if maybe even with that change Spear Throw spam is still viable enough to kill the mobs I’m farming at.

@Parmenion do you think even with the change Spear Throw spam is still good enough for clearing mobs?

Spear throw is really slow, taken into consideration that you need to aim it for max damage, and you have the slow animation. I don’t think it’s really efficient in terms of speed.

It consumes two hit, however, if you can bring the mob’s hp lower enough for Double Slash to kill it with its 1st hit, you can maximum get 5 mobs affected by your DPE effect(Lv5 DPE). Sometimes you’ll get lucky and the mob drops 2 Ex-DPK materials/items that you’re farming, so its important to maximize DPE’s effect.

Below shows an image of my CwFarmed add-on record, i was poking around with DPE randomly on Galoks back then when DPK still exist. Miracles do happen in game sometimes :smiley:

2 Likes

Does DEX improve skill animation speed? I’ve used Spear Throw before and found it OK speed-wise but not sure how that has changed in the latest skill revamps.

@Michiru What weapons do you use?

No, dex does nothing to spear throw animation.

1 Like

Before, i was using Vien Mace with mana2, now i’m using Abdochar with mana2 still. Pistol shots are for me to effectively proc PIllaging passive only :o so mana2 is kinda enough for me.

1 Like

As fujiwari said, sadly the dex applied on spear throw has been removed just after tried on the Test realms.

I always farmed without pelt in my corsair builds, so I can’t really help you for that. I never filled the need (I farmed more than 300 charog horns).
Dont underestimate Corsair skills, they are pretty good. Dust devil is really insane to kill elites mobs without losing too much HP.

Doppel also offers some DPS for bossing if you ever want to use your corsair for that. And DPE is really nice (works on Elite monsters).

Cerberus cards are indeed pretty nice for farming.

Hello!

I’m not a wizard of this game (I don’t know much and I’m still learning) but my one and only character so far is a Lvl 280 Swordsman with the following circles and skills:

1. Swordsman C1
  2. Peltasta C1
  3. Hoplite C1, C2
  4. Corsair C1, C2
  5. Shinobi C1

https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1134488d.354555.14253541.1a253a75.1a557a85.1325314155

He uses one-handed spear and dagger/shield and he has over 40k hp and farms fairly well (only dies when massive lag spikes kicks in and get mobbed by over 15 creatures - I play from Brazil on the North American server). Kill Bosses well too. Corsair Skills and Shinobi are awesome!

As of Rank 8 I don’t know what to choose. Maybe I get Dragoon C1 or Hoplite C3 or Doppelsoedner. I have no idea what could fit best in the sequence. Hope you guys give some ideas.

I hope my little experience helps you out somehow.

1 Like

me, i have this same exact build path, maxed level, and me too build this character for farming, since pillaging is an alternative farming way the other one is the famous thaumaturge…

umm ill tell u, spear throw is weak, i have to buy lv70 for this skill, but it do damage with good aoe tho, think this skill as your rotation, not the main…

for the main skill, ull really depend on corsair’s, it has great damage, and great aoe, pistol shot can deal dmg to mobs around u even mobs that sliding behind ur char, dont forget to buy the ricochet tho, same as hexen, dust devil, i think these skills deal more aoe beacause of finestra…

actually pillaging works efective to mats, not cube in HG, so if u want to go HG farming, thaumaturge is better choice, if u want to farm mats, with mobs that hard to control with joint penalty, then use this build, swash buckling will make ur farming easier…

fyi, i have thaumaturge too, and i use my thaum more than this corsair3

1 Like

Thanks guys! I figured out my final build:

Sw3 Pel1 Corsair3 Dopel1

You should try [jolly roger] as a pseudo taunt before you chose pelt for [swash buckling]. I went with hop1 instead of pelt1 and it hasn’t been an issue not having [swash buckling] because (as far as I can tell) the “body pull” on [jolly roger] has no target cap.

I went with sw3-hop-cor3-shinobi but currently at r7 with shinobi.

Already did. I found SB much more efficient since I can run much farther (to the next nearest mob group) with the mobs still going after me. I’ll try post a video comparison once my new farmer is up (will take awhile, still working on an Archer right now :smiley: ).

1 Like