Tree of Savior Forum

Anyone tested Stone Whale card?

Hi! Has anyone bothered to test the effects of Stone Whale card? Is it as good as it looks? More specifically:

1. I’m a Cleric3-Chap-Zealot2 (full SPR), and currently have 1 Gazing Golem in Purple, 3 Moas in Red, 3 Armaos in Blue, and 3 Linkrollers in Green. Is Stone Whale worth a slot?

2. Does it synergize well with Armaos (i.e. procs independently)?

3. If it does work well, since Zealots have invulnerability skill (i.e. temporary immunity to knockdowns), should I go for full Stone Whale or retain 1 Gazing Golem nonetheless?

Also want to ask card experts to give their opinions if available (i.e. @Mikumo and @Tk_Magnus)! Thank you!

I’m not a expert xD
But i can say is: Armaos is a good option for Zealots, the procs does synergize. I never tested Stone whale, so i cant say if its good or not sorry.
If zea have a skill that let you immune to knockdowns, i dont see why gazing would be useful for u.

Thanks Magnus! Uh, any recommendations for the purple slots then? Should I just settle for Yetis? Invulnerability has a long cool down, so Gazing Golem is somewhat complementary (at least that was what ran through my head when I invested in it, hehe).

So, you can stay with 1 gazing golem.
I would recommend Canceril but u are a cleric xD So its no a good option.
I think its interesting using cards that gives debuffs to enemies like Biteregina, Mineloader, Rajapearl. Will complement the damage. If u are a pvp player, go for Dullahan allways.

Thanks Magnus! Do status effects coming from those cards (i.e. shock, poison, etc) work against world bosses?

IMHO

Stone whale is not worth

Armaos is good, but I think you should have and then invest on Zaura and Nuale

I agree with Magnus about it is better a debuff card /combo. It work against bosses for sure as I use it. Not sure WB as there so many people that I am not sure if it is me or not

Edit: some effects doesn’t work on bosses like freezing

Went with 1 Gazing Golem and 2 Yetis instead, less risky IMO. Yeah, Zaura would be best. But for the price (i.e. 70+ million silver in my server), I would rather sell it and use the money elsewhere (like weapon transcendence and Masinios Shield/Mace). Zaura would likely be the last item I would invest on in the game.

I would recommend to try to organize parties for using albums together, each member must have 5 albums. I my server that happens often and 4 or 5 partoes together do this that gives a lot of cards and maybe good cards

Stone Whales do star/3% chance, with the chance stacking with multiple cards of reducing damage received by 10% for 5 seconds. They have a chance of activating based on your hits to enemies.

• Hitting multiple enemies with an AOE attack calculates each hit individually, so hitting 10 enemies has a chance of activating the card on each of those 10 enemies

• Only the card chance stacks, the effect does not

• True multihit skills do calculate each hit

• The damage reduction is applied after the formula, not on initial damage received

• The damage reduction comes in the form of a buff

I still use them due to basically 100% uptime in mobbing and a still high uptime in a bossing situation. The stronger the enemy the better they get, but that is on my Dragoon.

1 Like

i will be reworking my old “card guide” soon to reflect all the new meta/changes to cards

1 Like